Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What does everyone think of the new patch?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What does everyone think of the new patch? 38 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » June 12, 2014 9:17pm | Report
My favorite part of patch is dat Janus ult buff. Haduken!

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » June 13, 2014 12:29am | Report
This patch wasn't bad, by all means, it didn't do anything wrong, in my opinion, it's just that it didn't fix mandatory/serious/actually important issues.

I could care less about the adjustments to the Character Builder, Voice Packs, Auto Buy & Chat Rules. The new Deserter System is spot on, but it doesn't really matter that much. The changes to League are also don't do anything, really.

What really pisses me off is that they seem to ignore the problems that they are very aware of. Fix a tiny bug with the splash damage of Golden Bow? Are you kidding me? No one even uses this item, because it does nothing! Is it so hard to give an item actual base stats that mean something, instead of just fixing a little bug that no one even noticed because they don't use this item?

And for the Gods update - did they actually call it Balance? All I see is adding targeters to skins. Is that balance? So they fixed a bug with Loki's Vanish. The rest I see is thing like updating Poison Darts to have 10 arrows instead of 9. Wo-freaking-hoo! How about doing something actually useful about Xbalanque and buffing him so he could be at least on par with other Hunters? How about giving Vulcan an actual passive instead of giving his Sentry skin targeters? How about nerfing Scylla? And, come on, fixing the bonus protections bug on Ares' bolster defense? How about making him actually useful? What about Arachne? I can just go on and on and on about the problems, but, the bottom line is:

This patch did nothing important with actual impact on the game. There are still severe problems like matchmaking, god balances, item balance / irrelevance, etc. This patch did nothing. NOTHING.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » June 13, 2014 12:58am | Report
Got to love that Janus buff, now a nerf on his 2 wouldn't make him underpowered (I'm sure it will happen, everyone in-game thinks it deals too much damage).

"•Addressed an issue that caused Actives Items to fail on initial key press." This is what I really hope will help with Aegis and Beads, definitely looking forward to trying it in-game.

Nu Wa's fog change isn't game-changing at all for me, I got used to not using fog when clearing camps, although it was very annoying at the beginning.

Herc remodel, I like it, but I liked the old herc too. Got to get in game and try it before I can rate it though.

Chaac skin meh, or perhaps it's just my wallet's self defense mechanism that wants to make me not buy it. I wanted a Chaac skin, but not this.

Xbalanque... skin looks decent, not playing the guy though, at all.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » June 13, 2014 1:04am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

This patch wasn't bad, by all means, it didn't do anything wrong, in my opinion, it's just that it didn't fix mandatory/serious/actually important issues.

I could care less about the adjustments to the Character Builder, Voice Packs, Auto Buy & Chat Rules. The new Deserter System is spot on, but it doesn't really matter that much. The changes to League are also don't do anything, really.

What really pisses me off is that they seem to ignore the problems that they are very aware of. Fix a tiny bug with the splash damage of Golden Bow? Are you kidding me? No one even uses this item, because it does nothing! Is it so hard to give an item actual base stats that mean something, instead of just fixing a little bug that no one even noticed because they don't use this item?

And for the Gods update - did they actually call it Balance? All I see is adding targeters to skins. Is that balance? So they fixed a bug with Loki's Vanish. The rest I see is thing like updating Poison Darts to have 10 arrows instead of 9. Wo-freaking-hoo! How about doing something actually useful about Xbalanque and buffing him so he could be at least on par with other Hunters? How about giving Vulcan an actual passive instead of giving his Sentry skin targeters? How about nerfing Scylla? And, come on, fixing the bonus protections bug on Ares' bolster defense? How about making him actually useful? What about Arachne? I can just go on and on and on about the problems, but, the bottom line is:

This patch did nothing important with actual impact on the game. There are still severe problems like matchmaking, god balances, item balance / irrelevance, etc. This patch did nothing. NOTHING.

I don't think Scylla needs a nerf. She is already balanced as Drybear Said so. We just need a patch that fix the bug issues. But i agree about Ares, we need to make him more useful, he needs a serious buff.
"The Ravenous Demon Hunter"
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 13, 2014 3:14am | Report
Ares is kind of top tier support now though, so I do not think he needs to be buffed really :P

A little buff would not make him OP though.

As to Scylla I feel she just needs to be scaled down a bit when it comes to her ult. Maybe like the second attack deals x% less damage than the first etc.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » June 13, 2014 3:47am | Report
Just because Drybear said he doesn't think Scylla is OP doesn't mean she isn't. Her burst is just preposterous and she can completely rofl-stomp and entire team. She is really, really safe with her escape and the cc immunity and movement speed increase on her ultimate. She has a 25% shred on her 2 at max rank, and a really good slow. Her 1 does a lot of damage and has a ridiculous root/cripple, and if you just compare her ultimate to that of Ao Kuang or Vulcan, it is 100% better and more useful.

And so what if her early game is below mediocre? Is Chronos, Kali or He Bo as strong as Scylla is, in the early game and late game? No. Scylla has a decent early game compared to them, or at least to Kali and Chronos, but her late game is just insanely powerful. I don't see how the strongest Mage in the game who has literally only one downside which also doesn't drawback that much is called balanced...

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 13, 2014 4:01am | Report
Mostly because you can dodge everything she throws at you. Sic' Em is as easy to dodge as Anubis' Mummify. Crush is also hard to hit unless you also hit Sic' Em. Her Sentinel has a half-second cooldown between when you cast it and when you can teleport to it. and I'm a Monster practically always needs some kind of CC to hit it.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by anshsmite » June 13, 2014 4:05am | Report
Scylla is the top tier queen now. She is first ban for me 'mid' everytime. Coming to Hercules, well it's a pity that hirez wasted their energy on remodeling him. Their was no problem with old hercules's artwork. I welcomed the change , when they repainted Agni, but Hercules change was not necessary. I have been writing about siege juggernaut rework on smite forums. Finally they fixed it well but really they must revert back to 5v5 siege. It delivers more fun and action and makes the mode uniquely vibrant. Xbalanque's kit doesn't befit soccer. Mercury might have been a better candidate for such a skin. New Chaac skin is really awesome. Still no news on Vulcan fix and Arena Leagues.

anshsmite

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » June 13, 2014 5:07am | Report
Drybear is good at the game, and I even agree that Scylla isn't OP, but just because he streams for hi-rez doesn't make him the all knowing god..
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 13, 2014 5:22am | Report
I find Scylla definitely above average, but wouldn't consider her broken or vastly OP. She has several downsides, not one. I'm assuming the one you referred to was waveclear, but she also has no hard CC, very slow moving projectiles, a lack of a third damaging ability (where many people have escapes tied in with damage as well), one of the longest ult windups ever (Janus stealing spotlight though), a passive that ends up underwhelming late game and is useless pre-level 9, and finally an escape that, while fast and safe, takes two activations to occur.

Her teamfight is decent, her siege and defense game is decent, and her 1v1 will beat anyone who doesn't have CC (Aforementioned He Bo, Agni, Poseidon, Isis, Anubis, Chang'E, and maybe Hel will all beat her in a fight based on their plays, not hers, due to their CC or their ability to avoid hers), but I still find her not a free-win button as many are suggesting she is.

I have no problem with nerfs to her, but I do not find them a necessity at the same time. If anything, buff the projectile speed while reducing its damage, so she's more reliable yet less bursty. I think that'd be a fair concession - she can actually land some abilities whilst not instagibbing people for free when ahead.

THAT WAS SO OFF TOPIC
anyway I like the patch. I like the Chaac skin, the fifa themed ones I couldn't care less about. Other changes are average to me, nothing exceptional stands out.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }