Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ullr, the god of Boredom.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ullr, the god of Boredom. 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 24, 2014 7:34am | Report
I don't feel like he's original to be honest... Sure he can change melee and ranged, but his other skills are just boring. He's kinda fun to play, since he has a lot of skills, and they are different from eachother but they are basically just copies from other gods.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Demolibium » March 24, 2014 10:07am | Report
Ullr feels a bit different though. He might be a mashup of all the gods present, but still, to use all the different abilities on one god does feel different. So i wont agree on the feeling of being all the same. Though if you take into consideration the switch stance ability, i have to say i am rather disappointed. The fun it is to stance dance with Tyr and Hel it, is not as much fun to do with Ullr. All in all i have to say i dont see him becoming a god i will be looking forward to master in the future days.
Signature made by me ofcourse :P
And here is my dear Signature Shoppe
Check out these guides which i adore:-
Fenrir Guide by DarkJaw
Anubis guide also by DarkJaw
Sobek guide also by DarkJaw
Agni guide by Nimec
Vulcan guide by Jordenito
Skype- vidit.agarwal97 (do not make fun this is my name =.=)

Demolibium

Prominent (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » March 24, 2014 11:21am | Report
I just started playing right before Ullr became playable, and he's one of my favorite so far, but since I haven't played everyone yet I can see why you guy are calling him boring.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » March 24, 2014 12:26pm | Report
Yeah Ullr is now my second god with my most worshippers, to me he's really fun, yes his kit may not be original, but do they have to change it! It has worked before! But I do think the melee/ranged is cool, there's not been a god in smite to really do that (If you don't count Freya who is all melee except 1 ability). I don't know that's just my opinion and I'm defending him since he's one of my favorite gods outside and in Smite.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 24, 2014 1:58pm | Report
I don't think he's bad, but I don't think he's great. His stance switch from ranged to melee is pretty unique in itself, though it is true that the rest of his skills tend to be a re-hash from others. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does lessen how unique of a god he can be a bit, and might make him a bit more boring than what we've come to expect from new gods/goddesses.

Me personally, I like playing him more in his bow stance, as I'm sure most people do. Honestly, I feel his melee stance is more useful as an escape or a chase, rather than maining with it. Playing him, I've found myself mostly using his melee stance to set up kills for my bow, such as jumping in, stunning, switching my stance, and unloading my bows abilities on the person. Every once in a while, I'll actually use my axes if I'm up close on them, but more times than not, that stance is just a free stun and escape/chase for me.

So, in all honesty, as much as I'd like to defend him, I can agree he's a bit boring and that I'd rather choose a different ADC over him in most situations.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 24, 2014 2:12pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

I don't think he's bad, but I don't think he's great. His stance switch from ranged to melee is pretty unique in itself, though it is true that the rest of his skills tend to be a re-hash from others. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does lessen how unique of a god he can be a bit, and might make him a bit more boring than what we've come to expect from new gods/goddesses.

Me personally, I like playing him more in his bow stance, as I'm sure most people do. Honestly, I feel his melee stance is more useful as an escape or a chase, rather than maining with it. Playing him, I've found myself mostly using his melee stance to set up kills for my bow, such as jumping in, stunning, switching my stance, and unloading my bows abilities on the person. Every once in a while, I'll actually use my axes if I'm up close on them, but more times than not, that stance is just a free stun and escape/chase for me.

So, in all honesty, as much as I'd like to defend him, I can agree he's a bit boring and that I'd rather choose a different ADC over him in most situations.

Using his bow is generally more efficient, since it has more attack speed from his ult.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » March 25, 2014 3:38pm | Report
Shavul, you summed up ullr perfectly. Boring artemis with less burst and more scenery chewing.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by darks352 » March 28, 2014 5:45pm | Report
He does have a very nasty combo actually. Melee mode start -> jump -> stun -> stance change -> power steroid -> artemis arrow bomb wannabe -> spirit arrow wannabe -> they should be dead as hell, but AA if they arent.

I agree there are no new mechanics to him, but his stun lasts foreeeever and if you combo it right, the burst is ******ed.

darks352

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » March 29, 2014 5:19pm | Report
I'm NOT saying he's bad. Au contraire, his stun is ****ing bul****.

I'm saying he's BORING as all hell. I like having tricks on my own or some uniqueness when I play; An interesting ult like neith's, everything that AMC has... you get my point. I don't play this god or that one because he has a nice waveclear and a good combo, but because they're fun.

In fact, I HATE that Ullr changes stances. Granted, that's his unique thingy yadda yadda and whatever you want. But since he's a couple gods combined, AT LEAST he could have an ult that keeps him different from the rest.

He doen't. He's super boring to watch and boring to play as as well. I rather have neith's backflip, Anhur's pillar, Honey, Bolas, heals and tusky from the other gods.

I've never wanted to play a god less than Ullr. I don't play poseidon because I suck with it.

I don't play Ullr because he makes me snore. And I rather suck *** than having to drink coffee before playing.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 29, 2014 5:32pm | Report
Yeah, his stun is just ******ed. Yeah, giving an ADC the stun of a tank was such a good idea...

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }