Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tyr Thoughts? How to play him?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Tyr Thoughts? How to play him? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 7, 2013 2:08pm | Report
Okay I just played like 2 matches as Tyr and honestly I got raped.
Well the first match I got brutally raped then the second match I only died three times.

I think I am catching on how to play him a little bit but he has a weird feel to him.

He is the coolest looking god in the game IMO right now. His recolor is the best recolor in fact his recolor is just too sexy which I whY I bought it when I was suppose to be saving up my favor for gold skins :(

Anyways, Does he attack slow or something because the first match I played I felt like his basic attacks where slow as heck, maybe it was just my brain confusing me. I don't like his ult all that much, it doesn't really do much damage and the slow isn't making me impressed to use his ult, hell they will just beads out the slow or dash/jump.

I kind of think they need to do something with his ult and I just started to play him.

But has anyone figured out how to play him yet, which skills should you max out first. I start of with his 2 but after that I was just guessing what looked better to level up.

Hes the coolest looking god but his play style feels weird to me.
I think people are going to find out hes not as easy to play as people were thinking, I seen people on the streams acting as if he is OP and stuff but hes nothing special.

Most of the tyrs I seen in those 3 matches got raped just like me.

Well its a new god I just need to figure him out and get used to how I want to use him.

________________________________________________________________________________________
I did catch on how to use his switch stances.

Well this is how I though to use it.

I noticed I would switch stances if I wanted to attack/defend and noticed I really should not be doing that. I kind of figured out that since when you switch stances and get cooldown on your 2 other skills I can instead use the switch stances to use 4 skills all at once.

Basically I figured out that I can

Use my 1 to knock them up then use my 2 then switch stances then use my 2 along with my 1.

I'm guessing people will figure this out as well and I am guessing he will be played to do this 4 hit combo sometimes once people figure it out and catch on like I did.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 7, 2013 2:10pm | Report
you wait for oppertuneties and that you do 12312 combo and finish with the 4 or basic attacks.

he has high basic damage, a good heal, 3 knock ups and natural cc reduction. that is why they think it is op.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 7, 2013 3:01pm | Report
IMO you have to play Tyr as a jungler (or solo) Noted I haven't played him, just watched a few matches on stream and made some thoughts about him.

Skill leveling for jungle:
1-->2-->1(3 if on low health)-->3(1 if you got one point in 3 already)-->4
After that you prioritize 4>1>3>2

I would max the 1 for damage ofc, same with ulty (and the lower cd is sweet), 3 to be able reset cd and because it gives you some nice dam/prot.

Gank from behind and use the 1-2 combo to push them way out of position, follow up with basic attacks if they don't jump away, if they jump ult or switch stance and follow them :p

I would build Jotunns early for cdr and pen, then build more pen and maybe some protection/health or just damage depending on how the game turns out.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 7, 2013 4:40pm | Report
Play him as a bruiser, very similar to Thor. Jotunn's Wrath should be a core item since the quicker you can switch stances, the quicker your abilities reset. He has a very good skillset to jump in and do good AoE damage, then either finish off the enemies or dash out with your resets. This makes him a melee with good harass.

His ideal item set, in my opinion, is Warrior Tabi, Focused Voidblade, Frostbound Hammer, Jotunn's Wrath, Eye of Retaliation, and Ankh of the Golem or Deathbringer. This gives him the bruiser-like quality he plays as. The frostbound hammer, combined with his abilities, assure no one gets away, and the Eye of Retaliation's lifesteal/passive benefits him with his very high base damages and auto attacks.

In conquest I would get his 2 for waveclear, 1 for escape, then 3 for stance swap. Then I would max his Ultimate, over Stance Swap for passive, over 2 for the high damage, over 1 for the damage.

Ideally the engage you would have is Assault Stance, into a 1-2 Combo to disrupt the enemy flanks and do a lot of damage. Stance swap into Defensive Stance, due to the fight now being engaged and damage inevitable, so your 2 heals whatever you're taking, and your 1 disrupts whoever is still huddled. Finally, use your ultimate to either escape a losing battle/one you're about to die in, or to finish off a fleeing enemy.

His playstyle works as Support with Watchers Gift, due to high base damage and high disruption/initiation, as a solo laner due to his sustain and natural bruiser-like qualities, or Jungler due to his quick initiation for ganks.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 7, 2013 4:41pm | Report
Also, he has a 1x/.5x/2x attack chain. So it's a quick 2 attacks, then a very slow 3rd attack. That's why it felt slow to you.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 7, 2013 6:41pm | Report
Just for the record, had an arena match that I went 18/6/27 in with that build. You can't be in a team without an initiating tank, but he is good. Late game his auto attacks will wreck mages
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » August 8, 2013 2:15am | Report
Watched Drybear last night, he loves Tyr and it's hilarious!!

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 8, 2013 4:41am | Report
Haha I watched it too it was funny as I love tyr too he is super fun to play :)

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » August 8, 2013 4:59am | Report
Somebody needs to tell Tyr that he is in a MOBA, he is juggling people like he is in a fighting game :P.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 8, 2013 9:43am | Report
You know what I always found funny.

Gods like try whos base damage says 39 which is higher than most gods, when you look at their role

For the CON is says "LOW DAMAGE"

I always laughed at that

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }