Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tyr Thoughts? How to play him?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Tyr Thoughts? How to play him? 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zamochy » August 8, 2013 10:48am | Report
I took a different approach to building Tyr; I focused him more on Attack Speed than plain damage since his x1/x.5/x2 combo can be devastating.

I tend to build Souleater, Warrior Tabi, or Witch Stone, which one first depends on the comp and situation but I usually build Souleater first.

My next items are between Fatalis, Frostbound Hammer, and The Executioner. Once you build Frostbound Hammer and Fatalis, no one will escape from you but you can easily escape from them. The Executioner is usually only if the enemy builds a lot of physical.

If the other team is pretty squishy, a Jotuun's Wrath would be good so you can use Assault/Cleave more.

His high attack speed (around 1.9/2.4 towards the end) and high damage allows Souleater to heal him up pretty quickly (received no damage from a Gold Fury solo around level 15).

I tend to max out his 2 first, then 1, then 3, while prioritizing his ultimate before everything.
It seems odd, but his Guard Stance 2 is great sustain early on (I start with leveling 2, 3, 1, 2, 4).

With Tabi + Fatalis, you'll usually be able to reach fleeing enemies with your Fearless.

I initiate from behind with Fearless, usually in Assault stance. Then I Power Cleave to push them towards my group (away if their important). Then I just use my auto-attacks and switch stances if I'm being targeted. After I switch stances, I heal with Power Cleave and use Fearless to chase/flee.

Early on, you have to play pretty defensively since you'll be slow and a little squishy, but later on you can initiate small fights and keep yourself healed with auto-attacks and his Guard 2.

Zamochy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 8, 2013 11:30am | Report
ICEN wrote:

You know what I always found funny.

Gods like try whos base damage says 39 which is higher than most gods, when you look at their role

For the CON is says "LOW DAMAGE"

I always laughed at that

new test done on him and multiple bruisers. hirez lies. link here.https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/new-player-help/da-bruiser-test-le-go-1758
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by uTridentu » August 8, 2013 12:19pm | Report
He's pretty much a Bruiser/Carry (yes carry) although not the best carry he has high scaling abilities fair defenses and huge base stats...

I can feel the nerfs coming to his abilites scalings.

uTridentu

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 8, 2013 12:29pm | Report
uTridentu wrote:

He's pretty much a Bruiser/Carry (yes carry) although not the best carry he has high scaling abilities fair defenses and huge base stats...

I can feel the nerfs coming to his abilites scalings.

you mean assassin not carry, though both classes carry, though mage's also carry.

WAHT IS CARRY AND WHAT IS NOT MY MIND IS BROKEN D:. jk
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 9, 2013 5:01am | Report
Zamochy wrote:

I took a different approach to building Tyr; I focused him more on Attack Speed than plain damage since his x1/x.5/x2 combo can be devastating.

I tend to build Souleater, Warrior Tabi, or Witch Stone, which one first depends on the comp and situation but I usually build Souleater first.

My next items are between Fatalis, Frostbound Hammer, and The Executioner. Once you build Frostbound Hammer and Fatalis, no one will escape from you but you can easily escape from them. The Executioner is usually only if the enemy builds a lot of physical.

If the other team is pretty squishy, a Jotuun's Wrath would be good so you can use Assault/Cleave more.

His high attack speed (around 1.9/2.4 towards the end) and high damage allows Souleater to heal him up pretty quickly (received no damage from a Gold Fury solo around level 15).

I tend to max out his 2 first, then 1, then 3, while prioritizing his ultimate before everything.
It seems odd, but his Guard Stance 2 is great sustain early on (I start with leveling 2, 3, 1, 2, 4).

With Tabi + Fatalis, you'll usually be able to reach fleeing enemies with your Fearless.

I initiate from behind with Fearless, usually in Assault stance. Then I Power Cleave to push them towards my group (away if their important). Then I just use my auto-attacks and switch stances if I'm being targeted. After I switch stances, I heal with Power Cleave and use Fearless to chase/flee.

Early on, you have to play pretty defensively since you'll be slow and a little squishy, but later on you can initiate small fights and keep yourself healed with auto-attacks and his Guard 2.

That's a pretty good idea, kind of like NeZha with AS, don't like that playstyle myself but it can be really good if you like it :P

And the skill lvling would work for that kind of upinyourface playstyle, I'm gonna test it out some time for sure.
Do you use that in lane or jungle?
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }