Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The QQ Thread of Gods!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The QQ Thread of Gods! 552 posts - page 22 of 56
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 19, 2014 10:05pm | Report

I play, make someone else pick around me for a change.

Have you tried other gamemodes?
Cuz it sounds like you're not having a lot of fun doing 3v3 :3
Arena is always fun imo, you should really try it :)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » May 20, 2014 3:37am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:
Have you tried other gamemodes?
Cuz it sounds like you're not having a lot of fun doing 3v3 :3
Arena is always fun imo, you should really try it :)

Tried Arena once, which was when I first started and had to. I was Neith and went something like 14-2, was really fun actually. But it's just not my type. Not to mention I'll be paired with players that probably don't even know what the goal is and just want to kill. That's how I think people like that see Arena, they think it's just a team deathmatch or something.

I play Conquest now and again. But every game is pretty much the same; Meditation players, players that don't understand role calling and just pick anything, players that don't understand positions, egos, players that will insult you if you try to help them. I just see it as a waste of time tbh.

Assault doesn't interest me. I don't want to use a God I don't like, that will bore me.

Still have yet to try Siege but I really want to. But that will again be a mode that I'm sure I'll be the only one in there that knows what to do. I can almost guarantee that nobody will know when the Fury spawns or anyone will buy HoG for it.

^ Notice a pattern? The reason I don't have fun in 3v3 is the same reason I don't enjoy Smite in general lately; The players I'm teamed with. Granted I'm not level 30, but I'd hoped that players the same level as me would at least understand the game by now.

Apologies for the huge post. Here's a cookie if you got this far. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AvatarMeatloaf » May 20, 2014 6:15am | Report

Tried Arena once, which was when I first started and had to. I was Neith and went something like 14-2, was really fun actually. But it's just not my type. Not to mention I'll be paired with players that probably don't even know what the goal is and just want to kill. That's how I think people like that see Arena, they think it's just a team deathmatch or something.

Arena isn't really a mash up of players who don't care about the objective and just want to kill. Granted, you'll have those players who don't really understand that it's more important to stay alive and get your minions to the other side than it is to chase a low health enemy back to base, but it really is such a simple gamemode that one player can easily take control and callout what your team should be doing and give direction. Of course you'll get your feeders and players who just disregard all of their teammates, but Arena is in no way similar to a mode like conquest in regards to how one bad player can make a whole game of conquest unsalvageable.

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » May 20, 2014 11:32pm | Report
Granted, you'll have those players who don't really understand that it's more important to stay alive and get your minions to the other side than it is to chase a low health enemy back to base

This is exactly how it will go.

but it really is such a simple gamemode that one player can easily take control and callout what your team should be doing and give direction.

From my countless times of calling out in 3v3 and conquest of trying to help players, getting only ignorance or insults in return, I have no hope for this.

but Arena is in no way similar to a mode like conquest in regards to how one bad player can make a whole game of conquest unsalvageable.

I think Arena is much easier than Conquest for one person to do well tbh. I myself could probably just take out the wave of minions with Ao Kuang for example and reduce the opponents tickets, while my teammates and the opponents that don't understand just run around fighting or whatever. Whereas in Conq, it's literally a team game, if I'm in solo and I'm the only one that wins my lane, it's over anyway.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » May 21, 2014 4:04pm | Report

Still have yet to try Siege but I really want to. But that will again be a mode that I'm sure I'll be the only one in there that knows what to do. I can almost guarantee that nobody will know when the Fury spawns or anyone will buy HoG for it.

Sadly, it's true, but it's definitely worth a try. Siege is a lot of fun, even though you will get plenty of teams that won't buy HoG 3 and very few people will keep up with warding.

However, again, it's definitely worth trying out. I personally love Siege and it's grown to be one of my favorite game modes.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shuru » May 21, 2014 8:02pm | Report
Match making is amazing. Playing with a lower level friend on an equally low level account? your MMR is to high you're vs 3 level 30ies and this guy whose never played conquest is on your team.

lets play siege then... 3 level ones on each team, whose first match is siege.

this better get better when I hit 30. ugh.

Shuru

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MarteauBambi » May 22, 2014 2:47am | Report
Ok...
So this ranked conquest game begins. I'm top ELO. I call for request concerning the ban, nobody seems concerned. I ask if someone wants me to pick something, some guy call for Ullr, and stupid me, I pick it.

Then the magic begins.
The second pick start crying "I wanted to ADC AMC wawawa", and here he goes, insta lock AMC and not a single word for the rest of the game. Teammates screaming, suurend on 10, report this guy, damn troll, damn ranked, damn Hi Rez, damn the world, hate my life wawawa WAWAWA

I try to play it cool, lets do this, Ill solo Ullr altough I dont even ADC it in classic, but what else ? I'm matched up vs a good Tyr, a character I hate playing against. Nevermind, let's try, let's try.

And here is why I post my first QQ ever.

For the rest of the game, 2 of my teammates just never stopped harassing me O_o
From the first death I get from opposite jungler, those guys never stopped yelling at me in caplock about how bad I was, how I shouldnt have played Ullr ranked + the usual insulting about my sexual orientation, IQ calculation, and other stuff about my mum etc etc, and eventually begging the opposite team to report me in the after-game lobby.

So I dont really understand.
Have I been trolled ?
Are there really people THAT stupid ?
As AMC wasnt talking, did those guys just wanted someone to whine at ?

I'm just sceptic on this one...

MarteauBambi

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » May 22, 2014 5:19am | Report
^ Welcome to a day in the life of a solo queuing Smiter. It sucks.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zaxolol » May 22, 2014 9:49am | Report
I join a siege match and pick Freya. Teammates pick poseidon, geb, guan yu, and nemesis. Not bad, but they refused to communicate during the selection process. Then when the match starts, I take left lane and expect another teammate to back me up but instead ALL FOUR of them go to right lane and I'm left facing three enemy gods in my lane. I call for backup but again with the refusal to communicate, and I quickly lost the lane and my all four of my teammates just refuse to leave right lane.

Seriously, Freya is a terrible laner to begin with and you usually see at least two gods in a lane for siege. Seriously what is wrong with some people?

Zaxolol

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by aPig » May 28, 2014 10:56am | Report
Why do People have to be that stupid????

joust, solo one guy instalocks loki, i pick Scylla, but don't lock. third guy picks neith.
I ak for a tank, loki respnds: "we don't need tank" after some dicussinon(he doesn't change his opinion) i pick a tank (geb, one of my favourite gods)and he actually thanks me for that.
so we go into the game. neith and loki fail horribly. i can't Keep them alive with my shield. Nomatter what I do. Whose fault is it? ofc mine. game continues that way, my shield gets more and more useless, i don't get enough farm to tank. so they start harrassing me(for no real reason)making me guilty for them dying. telling me to move while in khumbas ult(srsl?) while they should see how fast they get rit of my life Points(evenow i'm building full tank) they use all the swears they can think of. even making it bad that i have a skin for geb. even calling me a Feeder( i still had the least deaths) we ofc lose.(~5 50) they ofc beg our oppenents to report me, i report them ,they report me.( 4 reports should get the attenion of one smite community guy, who will see that they harrast me the whole time and i didn't feed. causing them to cause there own penalty.) looking at the stats, i see that i as GEB outdamaged that LOKI. Alos i've been the only one warding ( yes it is worth 100 Gold to cother the 2 side entries to the lane) so yeah how can you be that stupid?!?

tl;dr: loki and neith harras tank like crazy, tank outdamages loki and has half the damage of neith

aPig

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }