Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thanatos thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Thanatos thoughts 42 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 18, 2013 5:12pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

He's average for me as far as conquest is concerned. Moderate slows, no gap closers outside ult, he's a glorified Kali. However, if you DO let him near you, and for SOME reason you can't create distance between yourself and someone with 0 leaps, he will kill you.

IMO, this means carries outside Artemis, and mages will **** on him, but melees will NOT be able to go toe to toe with him.

Actually, he makes the perfect ganker. His Ult is that good. You nail it when their marked; insta death. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

He basically dethrones Thor and pre nerf Ne Zha easily. You can use his Ult over walls too so they may never see you till its too late.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 18, 2013 5:12pm | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Wouldn't sprint be preferred over combat blink?

Also got to play him in a match finally. His three basic attacks are quite fine. His Ult I still think is OP.

I guess his 2 + sprint could get him out of most situations, or enough to pop your ult. I would choose by preference and the comp of the enemy team.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 18, 2013 5:26pm | Report
Random thing though: I love his death.
"Well this is awkward"
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 18, 2013 5:28pm | Report
^^

I will give him that.

"Well, this is awkward."
"How... Ironic."
"How does this even work?" (this one is rare, but I heard it)

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 18, 2013 5:40pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

^^

I will give him that.

"Well, this is awkward."
"How... Ironic."
"How does this even work?" (this one is rare, but I heard it)

"What!? How can this be?"
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 18, 2013 7:59pm | Report
I think you would at least have 2 health items. Since he can instant kill and do a lot of damage with his skills he would at least need some health to back him up.

And wow at his death lines. XD
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 18, 2013 8:07pm | Report
I played another match with him, I seem to be pretty good with him actually because I know when and when not to attack.

He is pretty good, and actually you really don't need life steal because he can use his 3 to clear a entire ****ing wave and get his hp right back.

IMO his 3 should be maxed out first, his wave clear is pretty good and he gets alot of hp back because of the dead minions from your wave clear.

Hes 2 is very good for chasing people on low hp, he is insanely fast if you are chasing someone that you can instant kill with your ult.

HIS ULT CAN BE COUNTERED TWO WAYS, I DID THIS ALREADY.

#1 Aegis or #2 stay UNDER HIM, try to move under and behind him he will miss.

Again his 2 is pretty damn effective on people running away on low hp.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 18, 2013 8:08pm | Report
He's not really a tank, Mad Danny, and his abilities don't cost health, they cost % health, so building more health is really just causing your abilities to cost more health. Not really worth it. Furthest I would go is Frostbound Hammer, Qin's Blades, or Soul Eater. None of which are really necessary on him. Due to his ridiculous scaling ratios, his Death Scythe healing based on damage done, and his AD Caster-style play (Kali over, say, Ne Zha/Loki), you're going to be using abilities more than auto attacks. As such, higher damage is better - you want to spike them into less than 40% health, and ult them.

IMO, a decent build, is
Ninja Tabi
Deathbringer
Bloodforge
Heartseeker or Fatalis or Frostbound Hammer - it still IS important to stay on your targets, so the speed or slow to compound with your Scent of Death will do wonders
Rage
Voidblade or Jotunn's Wrath

Gives him very high damage, lifesteal, piercing, and CDR, while still giving him the ability to auto attack past it with synergy of Rage and Bloodforge. Health is lost on him as he's sooo squishy, as the multiple leaks of Thanatos have said, that you are a kill or be killed. Do not focus on that MINIMAL health, you're only going to lose it with your spells anyway. Focus on one shotting minion waves for the health restore, and on one shotting squishies.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 18, 2013 8:12pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

IMO his 3 should be maxed out first, his wave clear is pretty good and he gets alot of hp back because of the dead minions from your wave clear.

Just to elaborate: I sort of agree, but sort of disagree. If you are jungling, max Death Scythe - the base damage goes up by 70 compared to 50 on Soul Reap, and more base damage on Death Scythe = more health return, since it returns 50% of damage done, but costs no more health per rank.
If you are laning, for some reason (he's not a laner, he's way too squishy, but if you're going for sustain, so be it), you should stagger Death Scythe and Soul Reap levels - not max soul reap first. You'll have waveclear with 3, but no poke, and it slows you down so your harass will be subpar. The right balance of poke with DS and waveclear with SR is important, or you'll fall behind in either farm or harass.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 18, 2013 8:17pm | Report
My mistake lol. This time i get it. His real good at ganks as long as you can place your 1 and 3 at the right spots. If your 1 hits more than 2 gods at least you can easily survive the gank and retreat or use your ulti on a escaping enemy. His actually quiet cool. Saw how he was played real well

Oh and i just realized. Think He can really be good at mid. He has 2 wave clears. And can instant kill his opponent if he keeps damaging him enough for his ulti to work. Someone try it out!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }