Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

RIP warriors!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » RIP warriors! 42 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Heartwire » May 23, 2014 2:39pm | Report
As far as Zeus goes, I would have been more happy if they limited the range on his detonate.

Heartwire

Established (16)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 23, 2014 2:55pm | Report
You'd rather have 20% horrible than 20% a bit overpowered? Seriously?

And no, most warriors had horrible scaling on abilities, hence why they were warriors.

I understand people saying warriors needed nerfs, fine. But *all* warriors did not need nerfs and they didn't need it like this.

Because note, my argument about them being unviable now wasn't argued against. You can't have 20% horrible. You're making an entire ROLE horrible. That's not right.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 23, 2014 3:52pm | Report
I guess, but by having a god as a "jack-of-all-trades" it is inevitably destroying their "role" horrible either way. If they're going this direction with this class, I don't think it should be called warrior lmao

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » May 23, 2014 5:32pm | Report
They ruined Odin!

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu!

And then next patch they'll just revert half the tweeks to normal again.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 23, 2014 5:51pm | Report
They'll have a patch in less than a week :P

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 23, 2014 7:56pm | Report
Zeus being wrecked was inevitable. His entire kit - all of it - is stuck in a horrible design trap. Honestly, I'd be fine with his stun staying if his damage was HEAVILY reduced, because the amount of damage he could deal was truly ******ed.

As for the warriors, well...

Chaac will still be really strong. He still has a ******** 3 second silence, and he still has a lot of ability damage and sustain.

Guan Yu never was a basic attacker, anyway, and I'm actually glad that this would discourage ADC Guan Yu builds. But the lack of protection buff shows just how little HiRez understands the problem.

The problem isn't warriors being too good (well, it is a problem, but it's not the only one), but also guardians being too weak. Seriously, Guan Yu can give himself up to 21 bonus protections, when the difference between a Warrior's and a Tank's protections is 2. Guan's problem was him being tankier than most tanks early, which made him a great support, not to mention his insane ultimate.

Hercules, IMO, really appreciated the change to Driving Strike. Now the manly lion charge of destiny isn't stopped by this norse upstart's shoulder tackle.

Odin just lost everything. His basics were weakened, his power was weakened, his defenses were weakened, and his teamfight ability was weakened. These are all minor nerfs...but together, he's gone. Goddammit, HiRez!

Osiris...honestly didn't change that much, only getting a -0.1 to attack speed.

Nemesis is still alive, and has escaped the HiRezlypse mostly unscathed.

Sun Wukong got a pretty interesting change. He definitely needed the nerf to his The Magic Cudgel, which made him literally have Art's entire in-lane contribution, on top of the rest of his kit. He's still going to be really strong.

Tyr: I can't believe they nerfed him first. But he's still going to be viable for one reason, and one reason only: You can't beads out of his dash if you miss the first hit. He has a CC that can't be countered, and that alone is going to keep him alive.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » May 25, 2014 5:56pm | Report
At first I was not happy as you can see in a early post but now i'm actually happy about the patch.Warriors were too strong in the meta. Especially Odin he was like get all the protections plus power, and did better than all tanks now he is about Hades level. The other warriors also needed nerfs like Tyr and his heal of **** off. Everyone else had reasonable nerfs. Some will respond by saying guardians were too weak, but protections have a limit and most guardians can cap it so what is there to do. Increase health improve the cc they have, but guess what HiRez won't do that. So I will sit back here and drink my warriors tyrs tasty.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 25, 2014 9:55pm | Report
I kinda like it tbh, I hated playing against warriors in the solo lane :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » May 26, 2014 7:57am | Report
Pretty sure Aegis works vs Chaac's ult (silence included) in a similar way that it works vs Ares ult.

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 26, 2014 9:10am | Report
Odin is not dead x)
He still got INSANE damage with the 1-3 combo, he still got a cage that forces ppl to pick jumps or get CB and his passive is still the best in the game :P

Odin's Shout passive power nerf did not do much IMO. 25 power at lvl 16 is pretty weak in the first place.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }