Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

RIP warriors!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » RIP warriors! 42 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » May 23, 2014 10:05am | Report
I'am sure they will still be good. Odin idk about, his protection passive wasn't a problem. If it was so "op" then how come Tyr still keeps his protection passives?
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 23, 2014 10:32am | Report
MaysJedi wrote:

I'am sure they will still be good. Odin idk about, his protection passive wasn't a problem. If it was so "op" then how come Tyr still keeps his protection passives?

Because it's the basically the whole skill -_-

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » May 23, 2014 10:35am | Report
This would be what you would see if I had a facecam on when I read the patchnotes:

(•‿•)
ఠ_ఠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ▃ಠ
ಥ_ಥ
(/゚Д゚)/
and later:
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

anyway, I think I see their reasoning: warriors either had almost-assassin damage while still being incredibly tanky, or almost-tank tankiness while still being a damage threat. Now, you're either going full tank or full damage, based on your itemization. Unfortunately, I think HiRez did it wrong: they needed to have buffs along with the nerfs, so that the gods affected would still be viable. In other words, brilliant idea, poorly executed.

But honestly, it IS hard to create a god they're calling a Warrior: a god that can fill either the role of a support tank or the role of a melee carry/assassin based completely off of itemization. Enough CC to be viable as the tank, yet not enough to completely lock down multiple enemies as an assassin ( Ymir, I'm looking at you). Enough burst potential to be viable as an assassin, yet not enough to be able to achieve that same burst as a tank. It is really, really hard.

But enough slack to HiRez: WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO THE METAGAME?!? WHEN WILL IT RECOVER?!?

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » May 23, 2014 10:58am | Report
Herc, from zero picked to hero pick!

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » May 23, 2014 11:10am | Report
Back to playing sobek and athena for me. Odin is *** now and the good thing about Wukong is his interrump to keep people safe (added to another ****load of things). Now wukong has a puny slow and a hard to land stun.

Even if the Guardians like sobek ain't good lategame, I kinda want to keep my presence while laning. Sobek it is.

Sigh.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » May 23, 2014 11:23am | Report
Shavul wrote:

Back to playing sobek and athena for me. Odin is *** now and the good thing about Wukong is his interrump to keep people safe (added to another ****load of things). Now wukong has a puny slow and a hard to land stun.

Even if the Guardians like sobek ain't good lategame, I kinda want to keep my presence while laning. Sobek it is.

Sigh.

Good. I don't like support Sun Wukong. I play him like he what he should be: A badass fighter! :)
Hated people wanting me to tank with him or go support, Wukong is a famous chinese warrior monkey king, I play him like that and always will.

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 23, 2014 11:48am | Report
MaysJedi wrote:

Good. I don't like support Sun Wukong. I play him like he what he should be: A badass fighter! :)
Hated people wanting me to tank with him or go support, Wukong is a famous chinese warrior monkey king, I play him like that and always will.

That's because he was best as a support.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » May 23, 2014 12:03pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

That's because he was best as a support.

If they want a good support they can call my fellow rock friendNot him...
AND DEFIANTLY NOT THIS ONE!

This guy! This guy right here is the only support I'll need. He even wants
to be friends with his allies, SWK just wants to kick some ***, not support and let everyone else get the kills.

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 23, 2014 1:40pm | Report
Basically said this in the patch reveal, but I think the zeus nerf was moronic. He is now the only god with 0 CC. Only one. And on top of this, he has no escapes. What exactly is he supposed to do when someone like Bastet or Nemesis or Loki or Chronos or Janus or..(can go on for years) is on him? Die? His ult isn't even scary, the only bad part about it was the stun. When people can just stroll out of it, does it matter?
Sure he has decent damage but there were better gods to pick if you wanted just PURE damage. IDK, he could use a nerf but this is just not the way to do it. He has no way to survive whatsoever.

For warriors, I understand what they were trying to do, but it was in basically the worst way possible. I understand people who are saying "GG now they can't oneshot a squishy without dying" but I know these people know they're exaggerating, at least I hope they are. Warriors have only EVER had a decent burst with abilities, and then their auto attacks sucked. Why nerf the in-hand damage? That doesn't make sense, none of the warriors were wrecking face with autoattacks unless built that way. Additionally, they nerfed a lot of the abilities' utility, which doesn't make sense either, because now what is literally the REASON to pick a warrior? They have no damage OR tankiness OR CC. Look at tyr - he was known for his combo. Now he basically has his assault stance fearless and that's it. Odin can't survive near anyone. Wukong got hit hard. Only hercules was buffed but that really doesn't even matter. If you're going to nerf warriors as a class, at least leave them in a decent spot. It's not like they're now in the "jack of all trades master of none". They're a "jack of some trades and can't even handle a few".

Warriors/Fighters, in all games, are known for being able to 1v1 a decent amount of people because of that mix of damage and protection. They can't be instant-bursted by assassins and burst mages, but also can't be outsustained by tanks, while having the CC to deal with some adc's. It's what warriors did. They don't have a *reason* to be picked anymore when half of them have no more tankiness, damage, OR CC. Why not just take an extra fighter (Fenrir/Nemesis/etc) or take an extra guardian (Herc/Vamana/Any of the *actual* tanks)?

I'm ranting, and like I said I understand people who hated warriors, but this is not the way to do it. I, on a simple logical level, don't see the reason to take a warrior into a team anymore, except in extraneous circumstances. They don't bring much to the table anymore.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 23, 2014 2:21pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Basically said this in the patch reveal, but I think the zeus nerf was moronic. He is now the only god with 0 CC. Only one.

Well actually, it was changed to a slow to 30% for 1.5 seconds, so he does still have some CC, just no hard CC anymore :P.

Zeus definitely needed a nerf, but taking his stun out as a whole? That hits him hard, even if they replaced it with a slow. I like the direction, but it now seems he needs a slight buff on that slow making it either a slower slow or for a longer time.

About the warriors, I was indeed quite happy about it since many times I would play in 1v1 ranked, the most difficulty for me would pose against warriors like Odin and Tyr. I'm glad they were nerfed, and think they needed it.

And now that you reminded me most warriors being strong with their ability power and not with their base attack, it kind of seems pointless at first. But, if you look at the situation, you could nerf warriors in two ways in terms of power. I think every single direct damaging ability has a percentage of physical power in there for extra damage. Most of them have 50% or over, and some 100-200% additional power based on physical power.

1. Nerf their attack speed/physical power (which they did)
2. Nerf a mixture of ability power scalings and #1

Or alternatively, you could just increase the defense of every role and increase damage of every other class other than warriors.

They're in a tricky situation, but to be honest, I 'd rather have 80% of the gods balanced with 20% of them horrible than 20% a bit overpowered and 80% balanced. That's just me, but a lot of people would say otherwise, could be because they liked some specific warrior god. I like most of the warriors in fact, but although I never liked them as much as some specific gods, my winning percentage is significantly higher with warriors than other classes.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }