Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

RIP warriors!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » RIP warriors! 42 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 22, 2014 3:18pm | Report
So here is the thing... Warriors were only seen as "guardians that do damage" because they were put in duolanes. Here is the thing: hirez unintentionally made warriors exactly what they should be which is the jack of all trades.

When i played this game daily i masters the warrior as a class, learned every trick, playstyle and all numbers that i needed to sololane which was the one place they were disigned for even if hirez did that uninetnionally. The ACTUAL REASON they became the pysical guardians is that jack of all's were being out done in the lane of jacks of all is because of gods that are masters of a decently large amount. Gods that out did the jacks in substain, waveclear, burst, tankyness (through what ever means), poke and mana conservation.

I specificly want to adress 2 mages. Ra and hel. First hel, some of you may remember that i once made a thread that said that i can counter any god through pure play style? Well she is the one exaption to that. She takes no skill. Let me refraise that before the vegtable nation attacks. She does not take skill against a warrior in sololane. She beats all of them. She out substains, she out pokes she out bursts , etc. But the reason she spesificly can NOT be counterd by play is her 3. A huge aoe damage nuke that changes into a heal+move buff that gets maxed first? If the warrior wants to go in he is garanteed to take a nuke, possibly another nuke, getting all the damage he did mitigated and then getting out run

Ra. Ra has counter play to him but us still very difficult to handle because he wont allow you to farm for the first few levels untill you can clear the full wave in a second. He has very similar problemes to hel but has counter play but a harser early game.

The main probleme warriors had were that mages were just generaly stronger and some pro's figured out that they were also good guardians... What part of "were jack of all trades" did you not understand?! They were good junglers but just got out classed by assassins they were ment to be sololaners but a lot of other gods just did that better.

The only reason they got a place of sudo guardian was because their mobility ment they kind of out classes other tanks.

So nerfing all of them is going to mean THEY CAN DO EVEN LESS ROLE FILLING THEN BEFORE!!

Hirez you dumb, glue eating babies. Are you actually that dumb?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sainctus » May 22, 2014 3:38pm | Report
Agni dash nerf =\
Always in an Anoobis wrap.

~Going for all Legendary~
Current Legendary Character count: 7
Newest:Agni

Sainctus

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 22, 2014 3:43pm | Report
Everybody has been asking for it lol

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » May 22, 2014 4:16pm | Report
Ruined my Monkey :(

So happy about the Tyr nerf.

At least a new mage is here, can't wait to try him out.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » May 22, 2014 4:37pm | Report
Am I the only one happy with that? I actually think they are balanced now. Seriously, Tyr is/was broken as ****. Just saying.

And they buffed Hercules... That's weird. Maybe RIP All Warriors except Herc.

Sainctus wrote:

Agni dash nerf =\

W00P. Happy for days.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 22, 2014 4:56pm | Report
I think that warriors didn't deserve their nerf, at least in this way. I agree with RT here; this is just stupid, indiscriminate nerfing; it was never warriors being too strong, but Guardians being too weak.

Janus is broken. He's going to be one of those gods who have an insanely high skill ceiling, but will be stupidly overpowered once you master him. He's like every Smite release god: high damage, high CC/mobility, high everything, until he's nerfed within hours.

The Zeus and Poseidon nerfs are great. And of course, HiRez has just abandoned Ares.

I'm severely unhappy about this patch.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » May 22, 2014 5:47pm | Report
Yeah, when I was watching the stream, I was very curious about the "warrior re-positioning" because of the way Bart described it. However, upon him going over everything, all it was was just a large series of nerfs to every warrior, other than Herc who got an interesting buff, and Nemesis, who is now an assassin. It's just like Sub said; they were the jack of all trades because they were decent to good in most roles, but didn't really excel at any of them over others.

I mean, they completely smacked the hell out of the warrior class, and not only did they all lose attack speed and in-hand damage per level, some of them even lost more defensive capabilities, like Guan losing his protection buff on his Taolu Assault and Odin losing his passive protection and passive damage on his Gungnir's Might and Shout. Granted, some of the warriors were a bit up there and needed to be pushed down a bit, like Tyr and Chaac, but I'm a little confused how this is a re-positioning when all it's doing is nerfing the entire class that, in my opinion, were in a pretty good spot already. I'm really curious on how much this is going to change the game.

Other than that whole thing, the Agni and Zeus nerf are very nice.

The nerf to Aphrodite's Back Off! didn't really seem necessary to me.

The Bastet nerf isn't surprising. I thought the previous nerf was fair already, but this won't break her.

I'm actually happy to see Cupid's passive getting that change.

The Zhong Kui buff is fair.

Also shame to see Rage losing the attack speed, but oh well.

Pretty much everything else seems fine to me.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » May 23, 2014 6:19am | Report
This entire patch helps to deal with so many issues. Atleast now they have a clear notion of where they want warriors to be. This makes me very happy. Warriors won't be this ridiculously op "I can survive anything yet deal massive damage with no power investment" *Looks at chaac.* They'll actually have to build in a specific, non-hybrid way to get the most out of either being a tank OR attacker. So now they're like all other god types. YAAAY.

Also the new god looks really unique and I need him to get a portal skin and I also need a portal skin for my wards [Turrets anyone?] vvp.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » May 23, 2014 8:01am | Report
You mean I can't dodge Ares ult with a well timed Agni dash anymore? D:

I'm actually really happy about the Bastet nerf, it was one of the most annoying things...

And warriors... ungh. When I think of warriors I don't think of champs that have to pick between damage and tankiness, I think of champs that build a mix of tank and damage and outduel the squishy ADCs while still being prone to burst
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » May 23, 2014 9:35am | Report
I think Odin got nerfed a little to much, I would still keep his passive protections. I mean isn't he supposed to be tankier that other warriors?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }