Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pestilence or Contagion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Pestilence or Contagion 17 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

as an anti healing aura which item do you prefer Pestilence or Contagion
Pestilence
Contagion
No preference
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » March 9, 2020 6:04am | Report
Ask questions on smite reddit as well just be careful of bad advice, and ask pros/high level players on their streams. Just don't ask too many at once that it seems you sniffed coke.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » March 9, 2020 6:37am | Report
When you play support it mostly depends what the enemy main damage dealers are and if you have a immediate lifestealer/healer as your lane enemy. If magical I go with Pestilence and if physical I go with Contagion.

I tend to get Contagion earlier than Pestilence though considering the extra mana is only really useful in early and mid game. Contagion as a 2-3 item or Pestilence 3-4 item depending the circumstances. Contagion is somewhat cheaper so that makes it getting it earlier easy as well.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » March 9, 2020 6:42am | Report
Setolino wrote:

When you play support it mostly depends what the enemy main damage dealers are and if you have a immediate lifestealer/healer as your lane enemy.

What do you mean your "lane enemy"? Support rotates to different lanes/areas, and by level 5 will usually rotate to Mid.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » March 9, 2020 7:00am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

What do you mean your "lane enemy"? Support rotates to different lanes/areas, and by level 5 will usually rotate to Mid.

Aren't supports suppose to rotate at later stages of the game now, with the changes to Duo and aura items?

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » March 9, 2020 7:35am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

You roam later now thanks to the XP change in 7.0 and the mid camp changes, even if the changes were not made you still come back to duo quite frequently as a support to gank.

What I meant is, buying Gauntlet later to instead counter item if necessary,as a example you rush a Pestilence if you have a Sobek and Freya as a lane enemy.

Overall I always look at the entire enemy to see if I want to get either, then look if either magical or physical has more damage potential in enemy comp., and after that what my lane enemy is composed of to make a decision.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 10, 2020 3:19am | Report
silentshell wrote:

I seem to do fine with Blackthorns in a good deal of the builds i use them in and i mostly play arena too. It seems like for the handful of warriors i am currently comfortable running it works pretty well. I even have been running UPLAR's build number 4 for Ah Muzen Cab with it and for the most part it has been a nice build for me.

.....maybe i need to lurk forums a bit more often than once in a blue moon though so i don't respond to threads 3-4 months or more after they are created...

The question is that at the time of writing this do you rush blackthorn after boots like it was in conquest or later in the build (after protections) on warriors

Also like the input seto, originally I believe I posted this based on solo lane, however forgot the use by supports

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 20, 2020 2:23pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

You just think Blackthorn is meh because you play a mode where Mana sustain isn't needed :v
But trust me Blackthorn is one of the best items in the game

I have gotten to the point to where on my favorite warriors I can usually get it at the 2 or 4 depending on how i'm building and it fits in pretty nicely. I really like it as an early power/sustain/utility item 2nd and more often than not it works pretty well in that function.
Devampi wrote:

The question is that at the time of writing this do you rush blackthorn after boots like it was in conquest or later in the build (after protections) on warriors

Also like the input seto, originally I believe I posted this based on solo lane, however forgot the use by supports

I have not lurked on the forums in awhile and didn't even realize that I'd posted here before until i scrolled down further. lol. my response to mysterion could qualify to a response to your reply to my other post. I need to go through the whole thread next time so i don't do this again. lol.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }