Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 5.9, "Dragon's Fortune" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 5.9, "Dragon's Fortune" - Bran's Thoughts 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 20, 2018 12:33pm | Report
I would say yes and no. Say he doesn't need healing. He can use Expose Evil on the wave, and instead of cutting it a bit short (and exposing himself to the enemy to use Exorcism), he can just sit back, let the entire DoT of Evil play itself out. Remember, cutting it short deals only 75% of the remaining damage, so allowing the DoT to run its course will do more damage.

He then gets full damage out of that ability, and in the meantime, if he's level 3, he can also use the extra 50% attack from Book of Demons to help clear the wave, and then use Exorcism once the minions are close to tower to finish them off.

That's only one situation, but you can see even there that it's an example of how he's not necessarily as reliant on the 1-2 combo.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 20, 2018 12:53pm | Report
Letting the dot take time though isn't a good idea, especially if it's mid Zhong Kui. It takes away time you could have spent doing a buff or xp camp or even rotate to another lane. You want to clear the wave as quickly as possible. Sounds like a long way to clear the wave. Im not 100% sure but the way you suggested the method of waveclear seems longer compared to the usual 1-2. Your method could be better in the very early levels to reduce damage from minions, but that is the only real advantage I see.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 20, 2018 1:22pm | Report
Look, I can definitely agree with your general points. I'm just looking for a bit of reverse acceptance on mine, lol.

If you immediately use Exorcism after using Expose Evil, you're basically cutting the damage from 100% to 75%. The longer you wait, the closer to 100% damage you'll actually deal with Evil. And yeah, I'm talking more early game.

If you can clear the wave with a quick 1-2, then you'd do so. If you're facing a tough matchup in the early game, you do what you need to to take as little damage as possible and still get your farm. if that means you have to concentrate on the wave and lose out on the occasional mid-camp or whatever, that's still preferable to constantly worrying about a gank because every time you use your combo you get chunked for a good amount of your health because you had to go up on the wave just to hit the minions.

In any case, not having to worry about hitting every single minion with Exorcism is nice. I'm pretty sure I prefer this adjustment, but that's just my preference. And you're a better player than I am, so perhaps you just know better and I'm not really getting it.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 20, 2018 1:28pm | Report
I don't really play Zhong Kui but im just saying based on how his kit works and how he clears the wave typically. Probably best to test out your waveclear strategy in a match of casual conquest (I think jungle practice minions are outdated).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » May 21, 2018 11:58am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

It doesen't change much in his waveclear, he still needs to use Expose Evil and Exorcism to be able to clear the wave (except when he will be able to insta-clear mid to lategame).

It's (in my opinion) a quality-of-life change more than anything, especially in non-conquest modes. The protections you get each wave is essentially the same, but you're now less punished for dying or ulting (either of which is kind of hard to avoid in casual modes). I'd also like to point out that it's pretty much only in Conquest that you get to have a whole lane to yourself. In any other mode, you have to spam [VSS] just to get the few measly ghosts that didn't already go to your de-facto adc, which is usually just a couple brutes or three archers.

I'm not saying that it's bad that Smite is balanced around Conquest, but I think it's good that Smite isn't balanced exclusively around Conquest.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }