Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 4.17 - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 4.17 - Bran's Thoughts 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 6, 2017 1:57pm | Report
Official patch notes are here: https://www.smitegame.com/news/the-odyssey-417-patch-notes

Hachiman (new god): Looks like the DaimyOdin skin. Hunter. Okay, that looks badass.

Hachiman
  • Passive ( Master of Arms) gives MP5 on basics.
  • Eagle Eye (ability 1): basic attack stim, basics travel further, do additional damage.
  • Heavenly Banner (ability 2): area damage + steroid with team steroid function as well...cool. 5-15% bonus speed, so not as powerful as a Shogun's Kusari, and doesn't seem OP.
  • Iaijutsu (ability 3): uses his katana to dash and then hit in a circle. Can stun, acts as both closing and escape. Really like it. Dash distance and speed feels like Rama's, and the spin at the end looks like the radius of SWK's Master's Will.
  • Ult ( Mounted Archery: CC immunity, one shot w/ Slow while mounted on a horse (looks a lot like Guan's), that hits any enemies in the cone. Can control movement/direction of the horse separate from aiming. This is a great feature.
Okay, yup. Like this guy a lot. Takes me back to my roots. XD HR says he's more of a basic attacker than an ability-based god.

The Odyssey: Interesting short. Oooh, maybe Ares can keep Chaac's axe, eh? Lotsa new skins and quests and whatnot.

Skins:
  • Wild Druid Artio: I like the green glow on her staff. T2, with nice coloring to the bear...black with green accents.

Wild Druid Artio

• Dark Summoner Nu Wa: Pretty nice, I love the purple. The candles are awesome too, and the purple basics are amazing. The cards always make the skins look more vibrant than in-game...which is always a let-down. Direct purchase T3 skin, which is nice. F those chests.

Dark Summoner Nu Wa

• Void Piercer Ah Muzen Cab: The hives are damn detailed. Like the look of his basics. Love his Swarm skull. The Honey effect is nice. Geez, the whole thing is nice. Voice is nice, and I don't care that much for the voices.

Void Piercer AMC

• Storm Tech Chaac: Oooooh...like it, Transformer-y or Robotech-y. Amazing animation for the axe. Like the Matrix code rain. Even the jump jets on his back elbows and backs of knees. Well done, HR.

Storm Tech Chaac

Item changes:
  • Brawler's Beat Stick: 2,200 increased to 2,350 gold. This is reasonable, and helps healers. Wait, does Hel need help? (Guessing we see some Hel nerfs...god changes coming up now)

And wait...that's the only item change?!?

God changes:
  • Bastet: Cat Call gains stacking physical power buff each time a cat is killed by an enemy or structure...7-15 per stack, 21-45 power if all cats die...that's interesting, and I like the idea. It's an ult, so affects late-game more, which is where she generally falls off.

• Hel: Ahh, here it is. Decay explode radius got smaller. Inspire got a decrease on ally movement, but she keeps it, which is pretty important. So less utility but she doesn't get screwed herself. This seems pretty smart.

• Odin: slight base movespeed decrease...not a big deal there. Path to Valhalla movespeed decreased. Raven Shout pretty significant nerf to bird bomb total added damage (25% down to 15%). I dunno what I think about this.

• Raijin: Percussive Storm slight scaling buff...not big.

• Ravana: slight base movespeed decrease, same as Odin. Mystic Rush damage mitigation scaling decreased at lower levels, and CD increased significantly. Helps decrease his early aggression, but doesn't nerf his late-game (except for the ult CD). Pretty good.

• Sol: Nice visual targeter on Stellar Burst. I like it.

• Sun Wukong: another base movespeed decrease. The Magic Cudgel and Master's Will CDs increased from 10 to 12 seconds. This seems fair.

• Zeus: base movespeed increase. Again not a big deal.

Pretty good patch...crazy they're still not touching Soul Eater, or Hand of the Gods, etc.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » September 6, 2017 2:05pm | Report

They nerfed SWK and Hel unjustly again. Hi-Rez, I'm comin' for ya bastards!

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » September 6, 2017 2:28pm | Report
Yup as an Odin main, I feel ya. Not playing Odin again.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » September 6, 2017 11:01pm | Report
I play Hel and SWK a lot so pretty pissed

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » September 6, 2017 11:03pm | Report
Btw I feel that Bastet was already really powerful. 100% scaling on 3 of her abilities is great for a physical god.

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Drexler » September 7, 2017 5:37am | Report
Hachiman looks like Kensei from For Honor!

Kensei

Drexler

Remarkable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Drexler » September 8, 2017 8:09am | Report
@Stuke I don't think the Hel nerf was unjust...she's in a fairly strong state right now. As for Sun Wukong, I feel like the decrease in Base Movement Speed is attributed to the use of Swift Wing on him. It's a really strong Utility Item on him paired with 72 Transformations.

Drexler

Remarkable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » September 8, 2017 8:25am | Report
Hel nerf was probably the perfect nerf. She was a bit too strong with easy poke damage and all the utility she gave her teammates. The radius decrease doesn't destroy her damage but prevents he from poking entire enemy teams from range. The MS was also huge as the enemy team got outrotated and if hel was there couldnt really escape. Having a character basically give the entire team Heavenly with no real downside wasn't ok

You didn't really need Swift Wing on Wukong cause transformations got him back quickly enough. It just delayed your build super hard. It was more that he could waltz in to entire teams deal large amounts of damage at all points due to super low cooldowns and just birds out with no consequence. The MS nerf makes it a bit easier to stop the escape early and prevents him running people down nearly as well.

Overall the nerfs on a whole I think were pretty well done this patch.

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }