Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New ideas for S4? (+Poll)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New ideas for S4? (+Poll) 23 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

Do you enjoy S3 so far?
Yes
It's lacking some new mechanics/features
No
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » June 4, 2016 11:25pm | Report
Bump, it's mid season now. Any changes you've been wanting? I really dislike the throwing dagger meta atm.

Z's Daily Message - Not the Bees

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 5, 2016 12:59pm | Report
I'm enjoying it, mainly because I've made an effort to start learning conquest, so there's a lot to take in.

That said, we also have some better varieties of builds in most respects, compared to the end of S2. I would like to see better balance in gods (many people's complaints), and just a bit more balance in some items.
  • Protection items: It seems they nerfed Sovereignty and Heartward Amulet a bit too much, so that they were fully knocked out of the meta. So now, as you know, it's Breastplate of Valor + Bulwark of Hope. I think those two items are fine as-is, and we've seen some incremental buffs to Sov/Heart, but the balance still isn't quite there. Since Supports are the ones that pick these up, and they'll start rotating around the 5-10 minute area, that MP5/HP5 aura isn't quite as effective. What else can they do to make them a bit more appealing?

• ADCs: Yes, the Throwing Dagger meta start is a bit annoying. Sure, it makes them much better at clearing in the early game, but that's not quite the reason I don't like it. If they (Hi-Rez) want better balance and variety (meaning also better variety of matches), this goes back to my favorite god, Freya. With Throwing Dagger, they're giving ALL hunters that choose this item the same effect as her Pulse, but without any mana use, activation of abilities, etc. That's just stupid. She already starts out where she needs Pulse to become ranged, and she doesn't have the variety or CC in her kit to just use basic attacks. So it really hurts her capabilities if you were to use her in the Duo lane. Sure, she's perhaps better as a Jungler, but again...variety and options. Not "use hunters as ADC, solo, mid," but rather "allow more gods to be able to play multiple roles."

• New gods: Sure, I understand the idea of making them a bit OP to gain popularity when they first come out, or whatever, but unless they really start giving all previous gods buffs to their kits (or reworks), they should consider the kits a bit more. The 2 newest active gods ( Susano and the Ratatoskr rework) have some crazy CC in their kits, and it made them jump up over most previously existing gods in those roles. They really need to tone that stuff down and make them a bit more on par with similar gods.

That's it for me, I think, but overall, I'm still one of those that's overall pretty happy with the game right now. I'm also a pretty positive person overall, and not a toxic one, so that probably plays a role.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 5, 2016 2:06pm | Report
They moved the game in a very strange direction after season 2, most of the changes have worked themselves out as the season went on (thank god they finally fixed the jungle with speed buff). I too dislike the throwing dagger start (it's just blatantly too strong and gives hunters way too much presence in Solo) but the meta is in a fairly good place right now in terms of balance, builds are pretty varied, most gods are playable in the right context and those that aren't are shifting fairly consistently (albeit some gods like Anubis are just never viable).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » June 5, 2016 2:17pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

I'm enjoying it, mainly because I've made an effort to start learning conquest, so there's a lot to take in.

That said, we also have some better varieties of builds in most respects, compared to the end of S2. I would like to see better balance in gods (many people's complaints), and just a bit more balance in some items.
  • Protection items: It seems they nerfed Sovereignty and Heartward Amulet a bit too much, so that they were fully knocked out of the meta. So now, as you know, it's Breastplate of Valor + Bulwark of Hope. I think those two items are fine as-is, and we've seen some incremental buffs to Sov/Heart, but the balance still isn't quite there. Since Supports are the ones that pick these up, and they'll start rotating around the 5-10 minute area, that MP5/HP5 aura isn't quite as effective. What else can they do to make them a bit more appealing?

• ADCs: Yes, the Throwing Dagger meta start is a bit annoying. Sure, it makes them much better at clearing in the early game, but that's not quite the reason I don't like it. If they (Hi-Rez) want better balance and variety (meaning also better variety of matches), this goes back to my favorite god, Freya. With Throwing Dagger, they're giving ALL hunters that choose this item the same effect as her Pulse, but without any mana use, activation of abilities, etc. That's just stupid. She already starts out where she needs Pulse to become ranged, and she doesn't have the variety or CC in her kit to just use basic attacks. So it really hurts her capabilities if you were to use her in the Duo lane. Sure, she's perhaps better as a Jungler, but again...variety and options. Not "use hunters as ADC, solo, mid," but rather "allow more gods to be able to play multiple roles."

• New gods: Sure, I understand the idea of making them a bit OP to gain popularity when they first come out, or whatever, but unless they really start giving all previous gods buffs to their kits (or reworks), they should consider the kits a bit more. The 2 newest active gods ( Susano and the Ratatoskr rework) have some crazy CC in their kits, and it made them jump up over most previously existing gods in those roles. They really need to tone that stuff down and make them a bit more on par with similar gods.

That's it for me, I think, but overall, I'm still one of those that's overall pretty happy with the game right now. I'm also a pretty positive person overall, and not a toxic one, so that probably plays a role.

I personally hate Ratatoskr's new kit. I think it's generic & not fun at all :/

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » June 5, 2016 3:01pm | Report
Maybe it's just me but I really dislike the change from actives to relics (will probably never get used to them)- it feels as if they wanted to make them more newbie-friendly I guess, taking away depth from the possible strategies though; most notably having Improved Blink on 110s CD on some mages for engage potential, with possibility to upgrade it to Combat Blink late game to 180s CD but giving that bit of mobility to some characters (ekhem Anubis). The fact of everyone having free Aegis at lvl 1 already seems weird to me aswell.

(By the way, I literally stopped buying Sanctuary as I've had serious problems in activating it at times; spamming the button would do nothing or respond way to late (no CC on me)- I've heard about some people having similar issues)

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » June 5, 2016 10:22pm | Report
Daelinn wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I really dislike the change from actives to relics (will probably never get used to them)- it feels as if they wanted to make them more newbie-friendly I guess, taking away depth from the possible strategies though; most notably having Improved Blink on 110s CD on some mages for engage potential, with possibility to upgrade it to Combat Blink late game to 180s CD but giving that bit of mobility to some characters (ekhem Anubis). The fact of everyone having free Aegis at lvl 1 already seems weird to me aswell.

(By the way, I literally stopped buying Sanctuary as I've had serious problems in activating it at times; spamming the button would do nothing or respond way to late (no CC on me)- I've heard about some people having similar issues)

Had that same damn glitch happen to me twice today. I legit have to jam the G key for it to go off..

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 6, 2016 9:36am | Report
Zelvios wrote:

Bump, it's mid season now.

Uhm are you several months ahead already? We are only 4 months into S3 RN. Mid season can be considered around the beginning of august (when we have had 6 months). :P

I'm thinking that HR is starting to ignore the problem of powercreep with those latest releases.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 6, 2016 10:00am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I'm thinking that HR is starting to ignore the problem of powercreep with those latest releases.

HiRez is pretty terrible about powercreep. It seems as though Fafnir is looking to be relatively well balanced though (at least by DukeSloth's analysis, I haven't been on PTS).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » June 7, 2016 1:56am | Report
Zilby wrote:

HiRez is pretty terrible about powercreep. It seems as though Fafnir is looking to be relatively well balanced though (at least by DukeSloth's analysis, I haven't been on PTS).

Nah, Dukesloth hasn't tested out the soul stone start.

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » June 7, 2016 1:59am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Uhm are you several months ahead already? We are only 4 months into S3 RN. Mid season can be considered around the beginning of august (when we have had 6 months). :P

It's been 6 months I think.. Pretty sure I made this 1 month after S3 started.

Zelvios

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }