Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mercury Build Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Mercury Build Help 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SgtReed24 » January 12, 2017 8:32am | Report
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here but I'm not a new Smite player (level 30 and mastered close to 50 gods, with about 5 diamond gods).

That said, I am sort of new to trying to pay attention to how I build my god since I'm just starting to get into conquest mode. And I don't wanna be that guy who feeds because I build my god wrong.

I usually come here for the god build guides and a lot of the gods I play have multiple guides to go through where I can try builds and see what works for me. HOWEVER, Mercury only has 2 and neither of them have many comments saying whether it's a good build or not.

I've been rolling with the following recently with Mercury in arena and having great results (13-1, 15-3, 10-2, type games)

Warrior Tabi, Wind Demon, Qin's Sais, Titan's Bane, Malice, and Deathbringer.

My question is, is this a viable build for Jungling with Merc in conquest or is there a standard go to Merc build for conquest? All input welcome. :)

SgtReed24

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 12, 2017 9:37am | Report
Hi SgtReed24,

you seem to already have a good understanding on how to build Mercury.
The build you suggested is good enough and I don't think your build would get blamed if you have a poor game with it.

However, I could give you these suggestions :

Mercury, especially late-game, can kill about anybody with 2-3 basic attacks.
So, Qin's Sais may not be that effective. While the base stats are decent, the passive won't occur enough often to really profit from this item.
All other items are almost core for him, I would say to replace Qin's Sais for a situational item

Here are some suggestions :

Sustain

In Conquest, getting lifesteal can be useful in order to remain longer in the game, less useful in Arena though.

Bloodforge : More expensive, but gives you high power and a good passive for a hard carry like Mercury.
Asi : Cheaper alternative, so you can get it earlier in your build.

Defense

If you have a hard time picking 1v1, you may want to pick 1 defense item to survive longer, you will still deal alot of damage with your 5 other items.

Hide of the Urchin : Best single defensive item in the game, easy to stack in Arena.
Spirit Robe : Good passive against high CC team, CDR is welcome too.

Penetration

If you feel like defense/sustain is for the weaks and prefer to go straight for damage, you could get more penetration.
Any of these items would deal more damage than Qin's Sais as Mercury with a triple crit build.

Jotunn's Wrath : CDR is always useful in Arena, Assault and Clash modes.
The Crusher : Mercury is a born split pusher, he will melt towers with this item.
Brawler's Beat Stick : Useful in Assault against a healer, since you can poke easily.

Lastly, I would suggest you to swap Deathbringer and Malice.
At 40% crit chance, Deathbringer would give you more damage than Malice.
The 200g different is not that high.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SgtReed24 » January 12, 2017 9:58am | Report
haha "if you feel like defense/sustain is for the weaks"

love it.

But no, I don't mind buying defensive items. Since I have no other CDR items, spirit robes might be a decent call for that slot.

My reasoning for Qin's Sais was to hopefully be able to take down tanks as well as squishes with just a few hits and for the attack speed it gives since I have no other attack speed items in the build.

So maybe ASI would be the item I should get since it has pen and speed?

Also, by "swap deathbringer and malice", you just mean to buy deathbringer first, correct?

thank you for the input!

SgtReed24

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 12, 2017 12:22pm | Report
Yeah, that's what I meant.
Getting Deathbringer 5th and Malice 6th.

Well, I guess Qin's Sais could be effective against a tank.
But then, The Executioner would do better, even though it's not as effective since you have Titan's Bane, it would still be better than Qins.
And cheaper too.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }