Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Meditation FTW

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Meditation FTW 40 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DaisySniper » May 1, 2014 8:00am | Report
I used greater meditation its actually save my *** countless times. Sometimes not about strategy, sometimes its just to fit a players play style. Sometimes it does come down to just how someone plays not what they have.

I have to agree with thor just cause you may not like it, don't judge how someone else plays unless there like causing they game

DaisySniper

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » May 1, 2014 1:39pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:
I'm not saying it's a godsend active or that it's always useful, but I'm saying calling people bad or trash based on literally a sole active is ridiculous and close-minded when it CAN be used appropriately.

This.

I mean, I don't get meditation or salvation in anything outside of Assault, except for a recent arena match where I bought it by mistake, but I always found it funny, and pretty dumb, how pissy people get toward people who buy meditation. They act like one active will make or break the game and that player skill has nothing to do with it. People act like as soon as someone buys it, the game is already lost because of that one person.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 1, 2014 2:31pm | Report
If you go meditation jungle IMMA call you a noob and curse you forever :P

I will always ask why someone picks med, and if I get "Ofc I get med, Ao has to get med to be able to push the lane dumbass" I just cry a little on the inside :P

But yeah I do not mind ppl taking med as long as they do it for "fun" and do not preside to try to school ppl in the ways of using your mana.

Meditation on Ao/Isis etc mid is just so troll for example, but you do not need it xD
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 2, 2014 1:24am | Report

If you go meditation jungle IMMA call you a noob and curse you forever :P

Omg noob you dont know **** about jungle. Kali needs med omg such a noob

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 2, 2014 1:30am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Omg noob you dont know **** about jungle. Kali needs med omg such a noob

Had a med Bakasura once, bronze league hard :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 2, 2014 12:47pm | Report

Had a med Bakasura once, bronze league hard :P

I don't believe you lol

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » May 16, 2014 12:40am | Report
SoapSuds wrote:
This.

I mean, I don't get meditation or salvation in anything outside of Assault, except for a recent arena match where I bought it by mistake, but I always found it funny, and pretty dumb, how pissy people get toward people who buy meditation. They act like one active will make or break the game and that player skill has nothing to do with it. People act like as soon as someone buys it, the game is already lost because of that one person.

My reason for getting mad is because the people that buy it are so ignorant and... Cocky about it. You tell them that they don't need it and you'll receive an insult or two and be told you're bad at Smite. If someone instead said, "Oh, really? I didn't know. What do you recommend instead?" I'd be happy and I'd help them out. Instead I get, "STFU NOOB. UR BAD. UNINSTALL." After that, talking to them impossible.

99% of the time, the game actually is lost as soon as you see that a teammate has it, because they don't know what they SHOULD be getting instead. Meaning they don't know how to play. I wish Smite was a LOT more new player friendly. When they first play it should be a little more helpful with builds and items and not just show the game modes. I wish someone popular from the community such as DryBear or DMBrandon would make some kind of tutorial or helpful video for new players.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » May 16, 2014 12:55am | Report
Sadly, that's going to happen when it comes to most players about anything. Hell, I had a match not too long ago where our support got physical defense items against a team almost completely composed of magic users (one might have been physical). He kept dying, and we kept trying to explain to him that he should get more magic defense. Guy first ignored us and kept doing his thing, and eventually, after we tried explaining it more to him, he just raged. So I really can't correlate Meditation to any of that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't buy it in anything other than Assault because way more times than not, it's a waste, but if it helps them, and they can succeed with it, more power to them. I've seen plenty of people do decent or even well when they had meditation. Like I said, I think it's a waste and there are better actives to waste your money on, but I just don't think a person is going to automatically do bad just because they picked it up.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » May 16, 2014 1:23am | Report
@SoapSuds - My point is that they will never steer away from it. They don't have the knowledge to think "Ok, I'm up against a lot of CC here, I better buy Beads. Wait, they have a Poseidon? I better get Aegis, too." Instead they just instantly get Med. There's no experimenting with them, they won't think, "I ALWAYS get Med, I'm getting it because I'm low on mana. This time I won't buy it and just use my abilities more conservatively." They'll be getting Blue Buff and Vamp Shroud/Deaths Toll which gives very good sustain, yet still get Med and defend that they need it. I just don't get it.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Navydivea » May 23, 2014 9:18pm | Report
The only thing I really get Med for is my supports, mostly because I'm very aggressive with both harassing opponents and sustaining my lane partner. I don't usually upgrade until late game when I can get max numbers during team fights. Other wise I have to agree that many other actives are out right better.

Navydivea

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }