Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

In wich lane is better athena?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » In wich lane is better athena? 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by cibertroyano » January 21, 2014 10:57am | Report
Hello,
I want to know in wich lane is better athena (solo lane, support or jungle)

cibertroyano

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » January 21, 2014 11:00am | Report
I am not a conquest nerd, but I wanna say Athena and most tanks and bruisers are meant for solo lane nowadays.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 21, 2014 11:09am | Report
Support, Athena and Sobek are the best supports ;)

A good Athena jungle is great, but there are other gods that jungle better than Athena.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » January 21, 2014 12:47pm | Report
Athena is best in duo lane as support, and in solo lane, imho.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 21, 2014 2:31pm | Report
Duo lane support. She'd probably get wrecked in solo lane at this point, with Sun Wukong and Chaac or Vulcan being regulars there now.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 21, 2014 2:44pm | Report
Do not listen to anyone who said to solo with her. It is: A a terrible expierince since she has no full wave clear or substain. B it's a waste of her skill and uses, no kill set up's with taunt, no super ganks with ult since she will have to focus on her lane and will lose tower.

Jungle with her so she can focus on map awerness and ganks or support as her for again map awerness , ganks as well as giving kill potential to your carry.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 21, 2014 2:50pm | Report
She can be played on Solo if you mastered here and i mean with that you are Really Good with her. However she is just a beast as a supporter so better stay on Duo with her.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 21, 2014 2:52pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Do not listen to anyone who said to solo with her. It is: A a terrible expierince since she has no full wave clear or substain. B it's a waste of her skill and uses, no kill set up's with taunt, no super ganks with ult since she will have to focus on her lane and will lose tower.

Jungle with her so she can focus on map awerness and ganks or support as her for again map awerness , ganks as well as giving kill potential to your carry.

This.

I have serious doubts about her ability to solo, unless you enjoy sitting in your tower all day and losing your lane, plus being useless to your team. Even if you're "just that good" with her, she still lacks the capability to effectively solo lane, beyond buying Hand of the Gods and hoping it comes off cooldown fast enough.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 22, 2014 3:00am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

This.

I have serious doubts about her ability to solo, unless you enjoy sitting in your tower all day and losing your lane, plus being useless to your team. Even if you're "just that good" with her, she still lacks the capability to effectively solo lane, beyond buying Hand of the Gods and hoping it comes off cooldown fast enough.

I have to Disagree, with her 3 she can clear the Whole wave with on Hit, her Ult. Can be used to help Out on other Lanes and with teleport to towers she can Easly roatet back, her Ult. Can be used furthermore to Ult. The jungfer if he is going to gank your lane. With her 2 you can also pull your Enemy in your 3 while Clearing the lane. The only reason why you normally Not going on Solo lane with her is that she dont Profit that much of solo Farm than other gods, that means you just Solo her in casual or to counter the Enemy Solo lane.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 22, 2014 4:06am | Report
Setolino wrote:

I have to Disagree, with her 3 she can clear the Whole wave with on Hit, her Ult. Can be used to help Out on other Lanes and with teleport to towers she can Easly roatet back, her Ult. Can be used furthermore to Ult. The jungfer if he is going to gank your lane. With her 2 you can also pull your Enemy in your 3 while Clearing the lane. The only reason why you normally Not going on Solo lane with her is that she dont Profit that much of solo Farm than other gods, that means you just Solo her in casual or to counter the Enemy Solo lane.

If you use her ult, you're basically forfeiting your lane to the other solo. Solos don't leave lane until they've won it. This is why Athena is always taken as support or jungle, because then she can freely move about, at least without giving up a lane.

And I'd love to see someone clear a wave with all of her abilities combined under level ~8 or so.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }