Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

In wich lane is better athena?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » In wich lane is better athena? 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 22, 2014 5:08am | Report
Athena Solo can be done. Hell, I've seen Bacchus go, and win, Mid.

But that's not the point, any god can go anywhere. It's safe to assume that Cibertrayano is asking where Athena should go. From a general, meta and safe perspective.

Athena is best utilized in Duo Lane, as support.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 22, 2014 5:33am | Report
Here is your mistake. Yes she can do a lot of minion damage but she can't do it safely. If she were to try to clear the full wave
She would need to make sure that they all stand in her 3, fo that to happen she needs to have minion agro on her resulting in tons of damage or she would need to let the wave's get to each other and clear either melee or archers. Basicly all solo laners can hit the full minion wave and will have cleared it before her. Compared to most solo laner's she has bad wave clear. Her ult works counter productive because most solo laner's can take a tower with 1 or 2 large minions. So her leaving the lane can cost her a tower
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 22, 2014 6:03am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

If you use her ult, you're basically forfeiting your lane to the other solo. Solos don't leave lane until they've won it. This is why Athena is always taken as support or jungle, because then she can freely move about, at least without giving up a lane.

And I'd love to see someone clear a wave with all of her abilities combined under level ~8 or so.

Hands down, yes you cant clear the wave until you have her 3 on haha level 3. With lvl 8 you normally have it already on 3. Ofc you just roatet with the ult if you killed the opponent or harrasd him that much that he had to leave the lane. I still not saying she is a good pick for solo, just that it is possible.

edit: Ofc just as i said before, the best lane you go with her is duo support. Not anything else.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 22, 2014 9:18am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

If you use her ult, you're basically forfeiting your lane to the other solo.

I've heard about this new active for solo laners that makes you magically able to go back to your lane called Shielded Teleport Kappa

But in all seriousness Athena CAN solo, the ult and teleport makes her able to rotate a lot, she has easy clear with hog and her 3 (the passive AA helps as well), her passive is great vs solo laners like baka/loki/apollo etc.

The best part about it is probably that it is so easy to find the right target with your ult compared to when you are playing in the duo lane.

Even though it is doable she is still a lot better in duo and jungle, but if you know you are up against a baka or something in solo Athena is not a bad counterpick.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 22, 2014 3:33pm | Report

I've heard about this new active for solo laners that makes you magically able to go back to your lane called Shielded Teleport Kappa

Except you lose your laning sustain ability since the other guy is recalling and auto-returning to lane. Meanwhile, you're ulting, taking damage and losing mana in a fight somewhere, then returning to your tower to sit under it and hope the enemy doesn't dive to try to wreck you?

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 22, 2014 4:27pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

Except you lose your laning sustain ability since the other guy is recalling and auto-returning to lane. Meanwhile, you're ulting, taking damage and losing mana in a fight somewhere, then returning to your tower to sit under it and hope the enemy doesn't dive to try to wreck you?

Cuz Gaming is situationel. What you Write there is the baddest case.

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 22, 2014 5:16pm | Report
Setolino wrote:

Cuz Gaming is situationel. What you Write there is the baddest case.

It's not situational. Sitting in your tower means you're losing your lane.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 24, 2014 4:43am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

It's not situational. Sitting in your tower means you're losing your lane.

For me it seems like you just never played Athena solo...

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 24, 2014 5:43am | Report
Setolino wrote:

For me it seems like you just never played Athena solo...

I'm not sure how playing Athena is an excuse for sitting in your tower and losing lane, but okay.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » January 24, 2014 7:32am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I'm not sure how playing Athena is an excuse for sitting in your tower and losing lane, but okay.

I have played Athena solo. It is more than possible, and I can easily kill enemy gods because I have more damage on my 3 then they do on their ults past level 12 or so.

The key to successful Athena solo is for your jungler to successfully kill the enemy solo twice in lane. The snowball from that should be more than enough for you to snowball out of control, especially if you pick up those kills instead of the jungler.

From that point, you build magic damage. You'll have more damage than the enemy by miles at this point, and to force them back to tower you pretty much just 1,3,2 them. It should take them to about a third health. You can FoG them to escape, or run when you taunt them into your 3. At they point they should back off.

Building a little cooldown is essential for Athena solo to work, but with a little know how and a lot of experience with her you can crush any other solo in the game with relative ease. Except maybe Geb.

Creationism

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }