Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

FATALIS - Still useless?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » FATALIS - Still useless? 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » July 3, 2013 9:00am | Report
Fatalis

I remember when I first joined this forum back in December 2012 there was really heated discussion over this item. The infamous Asmoday made it his mission to DESTROY AND REMOVE all who supported the Fatalis. Anyway, the end result was a lot of goofy rage and opinions muddled by anger.

I noticed the item has been buffed considerably, but it still doesn't offer any solid stats like Attack Power.

I'm wondering now, do you ever buy Fatalis in your games or is this item still considered relatively ineffective?

I'm still quite undecided so convince me.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 3, 2013 9:45am | Report
I found Fatalis pretty useful on certain situations and on certain gods. Freya is a god that I like to use Fatalis. Sometimes I use that on Fenrir, but I prefer Frostbound Hammer instead, with similar results and extra health.

I think Fatalis is still pretty ineffective, except on Freya.

That's my opinion, of course. I expect to see people with different opinions as well.

Edit: Bakasura deserves Fatalis, important item for him too. So, gods that goes well with Fatalis are Freya and Bakasura.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whobbe » July 3, 2013 1:34pm | Report
Fatalis is actually pretty good for Freya and Bakasura.

Whobbe

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » July 3, 2013 2:24pm | Report
any ADC range or AD meelee or Freya or Zeus Fatalis can be usefull , just make sure you have Deathbringer with you when you buy Fata

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 3, 2013 5:14pm | Report
Ne Zha with a Fatalis is ridiculously annoying.

You can't shake him off of you when he wants you dead since he will easily have four speed stacks built up once he starts whacking away at you. This isn't even counting his Universe Ring Toss and Armillary Sash to make sure you won't be going anywhere.

But that's not the only reason it's annoying on him. Fatalis also helps him escape much better, since he is tied for the highest base movespeed with a handful of gods. if you don't have a gap closer (actually, even if you do, he can still ult away in a pinch), he'll easily make a getaway if things look bad.

EDIT: Also Hairy, Thou shalt not speak thy name of the Fatalis Destroyer!
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 3, 2013 6:13pm | Report
It's a decent item that are more beneficial for some gods than for others. I'd say that it's best for Freya because of her relying only on her Irradiate + Pulse combo in order to do any damage. It's also very good for Bakasura because of his ultimate Regurgitate and his Butcher Blades in team fights. Another god who benefits from Fatalis is Ne Zha which Sunfall mentioned above, but it also helps his basic attack chain to repeat a lot faster, and in that way deal tons of more damage over time.

As for Zeus, I don't really think it's a good item for him, I'd rather recommend Demonic Grip because of the passive being a lot better for him, and almost the exact amount of attack speed. Fatalis was, in my opinion, only good for him when it had a 20% CDR effect on it.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » July 3, 2013 6:29pm | Report
I play with Arachne a lot and gettin combat boots, Fatalis + Deathbringer makes her really powerfull start. No feed is included of course :P

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 3, 2013 8:51pm | Report
But, if you give Zeus Demonic Grip the physical power will be useless right?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 3, 2013 11:50pm | Report
It's viable on Ne Zha and Bakasura. On Freya it's pretty much a must have combined with pulse :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 3, 2013 11:51pm | Report
Fatalis is nice to have, but it's completely useless. Walking backwards faster isn't exactly too great, but it sure as hell is nice to have. It's weird.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }