Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

FATALIS - Still useless?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » FATALIS - Still useless? 27 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xynergy » July 21, 2013 6:14am | Report

I am a huge fan of the Fatalis on Chronos and Freya, and it is usually in my builds 100% of the time.

Xynergy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 21, 2013 11:51am | Report
I think on Chronos, not to derail here, but I think gem of binding is better because it applies a slow to them, make in tthem easier to hit for any ability and for other teammates to hit. Plus it gives you magical power.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xynergy » July 21, 2013 1:56pm | Report
The build i usually goes is all about mobility and insanely fast AAs when Accelerate is popped; that's why the fatalis is in there
I'll give the gem shot next couple games in place of fatalis and let you know how it turns out.

Xynergy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 23, 2013 6:11pm | Report
Freya needs this in her build. Without Fatalis I only ever average 4 pulses; yet with it I have managed 8. So two times the number of pulses. My last game I played with her; I held off a decent Athena and terrible Fenrir with just that and a death knell for ten levels. My partner decided to stay and jungle and not help me.

Also use Fatalis with Cupid. Mostly to pump up his basic attack speed to help get his passive up to max.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 23, 2013 6:22pm | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Freya needs this in her build. Without Fatalis I only ever average 4 pulses; yet with it I have managed 8. So two times the number of pulses. My last game I played with her; I held off a decent Athena and terrible Fenrir with just that and a death knell for ten levels. My partner decided to stay and jungle and not help me.

Also use Fatalis with Cupid. Mostly to pump up his basic attack speed to help get his passive up to max.

Freya doesn't *need* it. Demonic Grip is a lot of attack speed.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Poquito » July 24, 2013 7:27am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Freya doesn't *need* it. Demonic Grip is a lot of attack speed.

I tend to favor Fatalis over Demonic Grip because it allows Freya to move backwards and sideways without the movement penalty. This allows her to backpedal at full speed; avoiding some of their hits and landing all of hers if they are chasing you. Also makes it easier to juke ranged gods as there is a sidestep penalty as well.
I've survived many ganks just because my enemy died chasing me in a straight line eating the combo and allowing me to banish the 2nd person and run to safety.

Poquito

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 26, 2013 2:22pm | Report
Poquito wrote:

I tend to favor Fatalis over Demonic Grip because it allows Freya to move backwards and sideways without the movement penalty. This allows her to backpedal at full speed; avoiding some of their hits and landing all of hers if they are chasing you. Also makes it easier to juke ranged gods as there is a sidestep penalty as well.
I've survived many ganks just because my enemy died chasing me in a straight line eating the combo and allowing me to banish the 2nd person and run to safety.

No backpedal penalty - still the attacking movement speed penalty. If you combined this with rank 3 sprint and gem of iso/binding, sure, but otherwise, meh. The backspeed penalty is minor enough that the gem of iso/binding should be enough to run circles around them. Demo grip is preferable imo because of the magic power, which converts to physical power as well, which buffs your ult, and tears through some of the protections rather quickly. Fatalis is basically just attack speed (which demo grip gives).

I guess it comes down to preference - if you're good at landing every auto attack, demonic grip is statistically a better choice. If you're not, get fatalis so you can avoid them long enough to kill them.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }