Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

FATALIS - Still useless?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » FATALIS - Still useless? 27 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 4, 2013 4:42am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

But, if you give Zeus Demonic Grip the physical power will be useless right?

No, why would 30 physical power be useless? It still gives him 30 physical power, which is almost the same amount of any physical item out there. It makes Zeus cause more damage per auto attack, and if the enemy builds magic protection, this little portion won't be affected. He also relies on his auto attacks in order to use his Detonate Charge which makes Demonic Grip even better than Fatalis again, because of the 3 stack reducing the enemies magical protection by 7% and an additional 5 points for three seconds, which in the end is -21% and -15 magical protection. Demonic Grip clearly is a much better item for him.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by sorcerer455 » July 4, 2013 10:49am | Report
Piederman wrote:

No, why would 30 physical power be useless? It still gives him 30 physical power, which is almost the same amount of any physical item out there. It makes Zeus cause more damage per auto attack, and if the enemy builds magic protection, this little portion won't be affected. He also relies on his auto attacks in order to use his Detonate Charge which makes Demonic Grip even better than Fatalis again, because of the 3 stack reducing the enemies magical protection by 7% and an additional 5 points for three seconds, which in the end is -21% and -15 magical protection. Demonic Grip clearly is a much better item for him.

Isn't Zeus's basic attacks magical or did they change it back, because when gold Zeus came out they changed his basic attacks to magical.
"I wouldn't call me 'itsy bitsy' if I were you" "Who needs catnip when I have you"
My Arachne guide http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/arachne-the-weaver-guide-977

sorcerer455

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 4, 2013 10:59am | Report
and your point is?
his basic attack's still apply on hit effect's from pysical attack's... i believe. so he sacrevices a bit of basic attack power for an effect that boost the damage his 3 does while getting attack speed for his basic attacks.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 4, 2013 12:54pm | Report
sorcerer455 wrote:

Isn't Zeus's basic attacks magical or did they change it back, because when gold Zeus came out they changed his basic attacks to magical.

Zeus starts out with 0 physical power at level 1, and gains no physical power when he levels, yes. But he still gets physical power from items and buffs. All they did was remove his base physical power and made it into a percentage of his magical power, as they intend to do with all mages in the game. In my opinion, even if this didn't work, I'd still prioritize this over Fatalis because of the magical penetration.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 4, 2013 4:22pm | Report
Already try it in practice, it doesn't give physical power to basic attacks. Additionally, i remember the patch say god that have basic attack magical doesn't apply on hit effects

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xathax » July 11, 2013 7:50pm | Report
I'm a relative newb (just started a week ago or so), but I just tried it out and promptly put it on the non-tank characters I play the most (Neith, Thor, Loki) for not only it's speed boost (running down Tabi-only gods or escaping from them - especially if you land a few hits while doing so - or getting across map a bit faster) but also for the purposes of being able to spot my surroundings.

It lets you do things like turn and look from side to side as you run without being slowed down, run backwards while attacking whomever is chasing you - especially with ranged characters. I value mobility over almost anything else (as you might tell from my character selections) as I hate getting stuck or outrun or caught. I pretty much can't stand playing a character without a 1/2/3 that can be used for escape.

My $.02 anyway.

I'd link all these items but I'm not sure how you guys are doing that.

Xathax

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 12, 2013 2:58am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Already try it in practice, it doesn't give physical power to basic attacks. Additionally, i remember the patch say god that have basic attack magical doesn't apply on hit effects

Hmm, that's strange. I went into practice as well before posting it, to make sure I wasn't lying and on the stats it said 30 Physical Power. I didn't try to attack minions to see if any damage was added though, guess it's a bug that shouldn't have said 30 Physical Power then? And yes, this discussion is over now as Demonic Grip the 30 Physical Power was changed into 60 Magical Power. :p

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WarlockHolmez » July 14, 2013 6:02pm | Report
I always use it on Freya and I actually just published a Chronos build that uses Fatalis in it's core! It's a lot of fun and powerful. Feel free to take a look!

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/chronos-mobility-mage-2596

WarlockHolmez

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tewky » July 16, 2013 4:07am | Report
Whobbe wrote:

Fatalis is actually pretty good for Freya and Bakasura.

Pretty much. On-Hit is pretty rare and hard to attach in this game, but Freya and Baka pretty much nail it. I like it on them.
Competitive Player looking to play.
Preferred Role: Solo
Preferred Characters: Athena, Chang'e, Loki
IGN: Tewky - Feel free to hit me up for anything.

Tewky

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PowaManG » July 20, 2013 4:59pm | Report
Fatalis is only viable on Bakasura, Freya, and Ne Zha IF you get fed, otherwise you're just taking a chunk out of your damage potential.

PowaManG

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }