Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Domination Gamemode

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Domination Gamemode 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 15, 2013 8:43pm | Report
I really, really like this mode. It's like a blend of Conquest and Arena, and I wish I was better at it. Unfortunately, I can't find any guides on it, and it doesn't seem to be very popular. Does anyone have any tips for playing Domination?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 16, 2013 12:49am | Report
i got one tip. bakasura is OP in domination.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 16, 2013 3:19am | Report
I've only played about 100 Dom matches , can't say I'm good at it .

However , people tend to grab left and right for starters instead of the damn mid . Mid is the most important guardian in my opinion ,if you don't have mid , you can't easily gank left or right and keep any of those safe .Convince your teammates to have 4 guys mid in case left or right isn't a target of the enemy at the start of the match , or 3 if the enemy wants left or right . Most of the people won't listen and losing mid at the beginning + having an enemy as Ao Kuang or Poseidon will make it VERY difficult for you to take it back .

Gods like Zeus or Hun Batz are very VERY useful to make enemies leave the guardian circle if the guardian is down , which will make your team have it easily . if no one gets any of these gods , I will .It usually pays off .

So , short version :
-Grab mid from the very beginning of the match .
-Get gods with high area damage (or make sure your teammates have one to make enemies leave the guardian).

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 16, 2013 3:56am | Report
If you want to handle tower stealing duty, Go for assassins with buff skills like loki, baka, Kali etc and build LS and Crit. You'll easily steal towers real fast. I'd go kali and lvl her 1 mostly. With Bloodforge and the 2 essential crits: Rage and Death, she can solo towers even without minion fodder especially with her speed and LS with her 1 combined.

That's how I'd do it. Kali owns the tower stealing business there.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 16, 2013 4:13am | Report
Play Anubis and gankfest gg
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 16, 2013 4:37am | Report
okay so I don't play a lot of domi, but I'm always highest elo in that mode for some reason.

anyways currently there are 2 strategies

a 2-3-0
and a 2-0-3

this makes it so that while both teams get a "free" obelisk you can win a second one with a 2 vs 3 fight( no idea how to counter it except using it yourself or proper scouting which I have no idea on how to do yet) XD

to carry such a game play apollo, thor or thanatos due to the aerial ults.
they make splitpushing soo good with a bit of lifesteal of the obelisks.

an other thing to note is to "capture" a point you need to be in the smaller circle of the point

NOT in the range of turret shots!!!!
this makes fights very tense due to such a small area to fight on.
Do NOT LEAVE THE SMALL CIRCLE plea don't :c
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 16, 2013 4:40am | Report
Romanians wrote:

I've only played about 100 Dom matches , can't say I'm good at it .

However , people tend to grab left and right for starters instead of the damn mid . Mid is the most important guardian in my opinion ,if you don't have mid , you can't easily gank left or right and keep any of those safe .Convince your teammates to have 4 guys mid in case left or right isn't a target of the enemy at the start of the match , or 3 if the enemy wants left or right . Most of the people won't listen and losing mid at the beginning + having an enemy as Ao Kuang or Poseidon will make it VERY difficult for you to take it back .

Gods like Zeus or Hun Batz are very VERY useful to make enemies leave the guardian circle if the guardian is down , which will make your team have it easily . if no one gets any of these gods , I will .It usually pays off .

So , short version :
-Grab mid from the very beginning of the match .
-Get gods with high area damage (or make sure your teammates have one to make enemies leave the guardian).

Why people do that is because it's just not worth it: if one team goes 2-0-3 and the other team goes, say, 1-2-1, team 1 is going to win two towers, while team 2 only has one. Now you just need to defend those two, no need to go after mid, and you'll eventually win.

The one problem with Dom is that it's populated by imbeciles.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 16, 2013 4:42am | Report
1-2-1? 0.o
where's your fifth? XD
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 16, 2013 4:55am | Report
Personally, I prefer the 3-0-2 Comp. It's way obvious that the enemies' ARE going for mid( at least, most players prefer mid over the other lanes on Dom), so why not to get the others? It's a good tactic.

And yes, Talenhiem is right. Most Domination people are stupid. Good thing is, HiRez is looking to change Domination, and hopefully the matchmaking of it as well.

I don't have a good Domination comp. Usually, good Conquest comps also go well on domination. High Mobile Gods are a must in there.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 16, 2013 7:27am | Report
have at least one god that can hold a lane solo vs 2 ppl minimum (so like Hades Ra Hel etc).

And have good mobility, you need to rotate 24/7.

Get two towers and then just defend.

Have someone who can take down a tower/obelisk solo ( Mercury, Loki, Bakasura, etc).

Hand of the Gods is OP as hell (works vs the tower)! especially on your god who can solo towers to begin with. You can also do a tower before minions get there if you got 3 Hand of the Gods, so you can basically go 3 ppl mid and everyone uses Hand of the Gods. Then you go left or right depending on what is needed.

Got under 100 games played, but it is pretty basic. Kind of like conquest, just that kills don't matter at all. All that matters is towers.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }