Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Domination Gamemode

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Domination Gamemode 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 17, 2013 10:25am | Report
Domination is a game mode for people without logic usually. I.E. We have mid and left, LETS GO TAKE RIGHT AND ALL DIE! these are the kind of teams I play with, and it makes me grit my teeth, especially when they all die and ***** at me for defensing the tower being man handled by three enemy gods.

Domination is a game mode I play once a day.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 17, 2013 11:00am | Report

1-2-1? 0.o
where's your fifth? XD

AFK somewhere in my conscience.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 17, 2013 11:19am | Report
Tickets bleed from the enemy team when your team controls at least two of the three obelisks, and vice-versa. The only other way to deduct tickets is via killing enemy gods, and it is far less efficient than, well, dominating the map.

The middle obelisk is obviously the most important, and you should attempt to secure it at the start of the game. Gods such as Arachne can make it easier to secure by rushing there before the guardian spawns and placing as many Broodlings as you can.

Also be very wary of how ******** the respawn times can end up being if you have a huge lead, and it very often makes it possible for the enemy team to achieve a deicide and turn the game around. The major problem with this is not the chance to turn the game around, but the fact that the team that was ahead won't get the same favor. To make that a little bit more clear:

Team A is at 350 tickets, Team B is at 60 tickets. Respawn timers for A are fifty billion times higher than for B, so B eventually finds the opportunity to overtake an obelisk or two.

Team A, after repeated attempts to take back the lost obelisks, is now at 60 tickets while Team B is at 50 tickets. However, the respawn times are equal, making it much more difficult for A to overtake any obelisks.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 17, 2013 11:37am | Report
I should be making a guide on it.. should.

Most people already told you some nice tricks for domination, but only Turnip mentioned Arachne. Back when domination was new basically everyone played Arachne or Agni, they both got great Obelisk control and you can easily proxy with Agni making it really easy for your team to push the Obelisks. Arachne on the other hand can easily catch out gods off-guard and then humiliate them with her team. Broodlings are also great for control overall.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 18, 2013 6:16am | Report
Mobility OP, and so is any skill that can move an enemy out of a circle. I usually go Apollo or Anhur for carries, Athena for tanks (No contest, taunt an enemy out of a circle and a global defending ult, best tank for Dom), and assassin are Mercury or Loki. Just be careful with people with dashes, its a bit buggy as to you being in the circle or not when you dash, namely Sobek.

Oh, and ward the enemies paths, it really really helps. By that I mean the little tri-section on either side of mid.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }