Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

CTR Contest 2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » CTR Contest 2 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » October 6, 2015 4:46am | Report
Here is my contribution.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » October 6, 2015 3:10pm | Report
You shouldve put it in a separate blog for personal criticism.

Also ability 4 last sentence makes no sense. Multiple gods cant be hit if the ruse dispels after betraying your cover.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » October 6, 2015 3:35pm | Report
As this attack is a cone, you CAN target multiple gods (who will be stunned) but ONLY the god with higher HP gets the damage (otherwise I think it's too powerful).

PS: Where should I put my thread? In the same forum but with a dedicated topic?
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 6, 2015 4:01pm | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

As this attack is a cone, you CAN target multiple gods (who will be stunned) but ONLY the god with higher HP gets the damage (otherwise I think it's too powerful).

PS: Where should I put my thread? In the same forum but with a dedicated topic?

dedicated topic ( blog post, god builder, That's it's place. :3 )
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » October 6, 2015 4:58pm | Report
Ah didnt see the cone. I still think it should be single target.

Your god is seeming to be basic attack heavy, and I hope you had that intention.

Also I wonder about that 25% lifesteal. Umm..you may want to tone it down a bit, little bit op with another lifesteal item. Unless you dont automatically get it and it scales with the lifesteal item, (like the anubis passive) then im fine with it.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 6, 2015 6:43pm | Report
Can you put this in a blog, please? Or as a separate forum post?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » October 6, 2015 11:30pm | Report
Done. Sorry for that, it was my first! :D
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » October 7, 2015 4:00am | Report
Would still like to see an explanation on why Bellona's kit would fit the criteria but not get a good score, because I think her kit is well designed overall (if perhaps a bit overloaded). Unless you meant the score would be bad because it already exists...?

Also, this may be a bit of a weird question, but what qualifies as a weapon? Does it have to be something physical, or would a mage switching between different types of magic (each with their own effects) work too? I suppose you could argue that the weapon in all cases is still the same ('magic'), but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » October 7, 2015 3:07pm | Report
I would assume he meant physical weapons based on the example, but I would love to see some "magical" weapons. a.k.a fire swords or lightning daggers.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 7, 2015 7:13pm | Report
I'd argue a weapon as a particular mode of engagement.

A sword fights differently than a gun fights differently than a hammer fights differently from throwing fireballs fights differently from teleporting stuff.

It's a subtle difference. And no, GameGeek, one example doesn't mean you have to make everything exactly like that example. Magic swords, sure.

So having a giant conical wave attack made of fire magic, and a big damaging beam made of ice magic, doesn't count as different weapons because their difference doesn't make a lick of actual difference. Similarly, Ao Kuang's kit, despite having both a sword and dragon midgets and stealth, doesn't count as using different weapons, because they're all fundamentally similar in purpose and function.

Now, the mini review.

Bellona.

Creativity: It ripped off of Dawngate. Cone, circle, line, engage ult, healing on basics, extra lange on basics, etc etc. They ripped off a dying game that was better than them and I will never forgive them for it. Aside from the hammer spin, all of her abilities are just "AoE" this, and her passive is pretty much an upgraded version of Sobek's.

Balance: I suppose a better term for this criteria is "balance of power." The problem is that Bellona's blind is just the most unbalanced part of her kit, relative to the rest of her kit. It's cooldown is already high, it's damage is already low, and it's still incredibly strong as a 3 second "**** AA-ers" AoE unavoidable ability. And this in itself lacks counterplay.

The two categories above are linked. Another problem with Bellona is that her kit has no depth. There's no macro-level skill, just like 90% of Smite gods. There's pure stat gains, pure CC, big AoEs, etc. Where's the depth? Basically, there's little gap between a competent Bellona and a really, really good Bellona.

Lastly, theme. Yes, Bellona's thing fits the theme, as much as I despise the kit otherwise. Her hammer is a slow but strong attack. Her scourge has a distinct identity as the CC. And her shield has the block, as ham-handed as it is.

But the last problem with Bellona, is that the theme lacks elegance. It's CC or "block stacks" slapped onto the copied base ability. It's brutish and uncouth.

It's like...it's like entering an art contest for a drawing of a woman, and for your entry, you just trace the Mona Lisa with a pencil. Rough. Crude. Unrefined. And a fine example of plagiarism, and certainly disqualified.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }