Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

CTR Contest 2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » CTR Contest 2 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 4, 2015 5:10pm | Report
blurb

Welcome to the second contest, made on the eve of the last one! This time:

Theme: Design a Weapon Master. Design a character who uses multiple weapons with fluidity and grace.

Rules:

1: Follow the rules of the constraint. Duh. If you're not sure if your idea fits, ask.

2: It doesn't have to be a "god," per-se; just a MOBA kit. It could be a OC or a character from wherever. Doesn't matter.

3: Put in a [CTR2] on any entries. Doesn't really matter if its a blog or thread.

Judgement: Three things you should have in mind are:

Creativity: Seriously, don't copy another kit, or "tweak" it a la HiRez. Riot taking Shallow Grave from Dota and turning it into an AoE ult that affects allies AND enemies is originality. HiRez copying Karthus' Requiem is not. Those who are not afraid to break the rules and the meta kits will be rewarded.

Balance: While becoming untargetable for ten seconds while up in the air raining down hellfire does get the point across quite well, it's not exactly balanced. You are designing a kit that players will meet as an ally and as an enemy, and it must feel fair and fun for both sides.

Theme: The kit must have a clear and defined role in the game. You can't have Mr. Generic McGenericsauce the Generic (*cough* Rat *cough*). The kit you are designing should exist to fulfill a role, not be only slightly different than what another god can do, like Serqet being Fenrir 2.0.

Have fun!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 4, 2015 7:16pm | Report
What do you think you're doing? You aren't the creator of this contest, and you shouldn't act like you are.

Bellona is an example that would fit the criteria but would not get a good score, for reasons I will both detail and use as an example as soon as I can type on something that isn't my phone.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Arvorus » October 4, 2015 7:44pm | Report
Does the character have to auto-attack with their weapons, or can they just be part of their abilities?
Credit goes to Faythe!

Arvorus
<Superb Sniper>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 4, 2015 7:59pm | Report
It's not a requirement or a criteria. Do whatever you'd like in that regard.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 4, 2015 11:25pm | Report
sub doesn't the tag need to be [CTR2]

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 4, 2015 11:38pm | Report
Good catch. Fixed.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » October 5, 2015 1:14pm | Report
I cant put an example to help? I am not taking credit for anything anyway, but i dont want it to be like the last contest when the first gods didnt have your criteria.

So sorry if youre offended but im just trying to make sure everyone gets the point.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 5, 2015 7:14pm | Report
You're being presumptive. You're acting like you know what the theme is, when it should be up to me to explain.

Last time, your ideas was one of those disqualified due to not having Flight in it, remember?

I'm ticked off because you're probably going to give people a false impression of the contest, and the way you worded your post made it sound like you were being "official," rather than it being a "suggestion."

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » October 5, 2015 7:33pm | Report
Well Im sorry for trying to help. Didnt mean anything else and worded it wrong. God Im tired.

Besides my idea was disqualified because I said dont count it anyway, I couldnt work on it with all the stuff in my life i had to do. I would like to point out anyway that when you said flight you didnt say that it had to be an ability type thing, so we assumed we had to make a character based on them just basically flying.

Ill delete it man. You can just say that.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 6, 2015 2:07am | Report
Here is one example for a Weapon Master.

Strengths: Survivability, Damage, Versatility.
Weaknesses: Little burst damage, lack of mobility (somewhat), lack of CC.

big text

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }