Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Copying vs Following, and other MOBA vs Smite Comparisons

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Copying vs Following, and other MOBA vs Smite Comparisons 72 posts - page 7 of 8

Poll Question:

BLARGH
ISSAC!
AZAZEL
???
EVE
EDEN
SAMSON
JUDAS
CAIN
LAZARUS
MAGDALENE
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 27, 2014 1:53am | Report
You know dac, you could just not think of us as blind haters, it would help you so ypu don't make such flawed statements because it starts looking like ypu don't read other people's comments which makes you look close minded, it makes it seem like you read "aedar" and immidiatly your mind go "HE MUST BE HATING SMITE!", when he is not.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 27, 2014 4:44am | Report
All4Games wrote:

You know dac, you could just not think of us as blind haters, it would help you so ypu don't make such flawed statements because it starts looking like ypu don't read other people's comments which makes you look close minded, it makes it seem like you read "aedar" and immidiatly your mind go "HE MUST BE HATING SMITE!", when he is not.

Well, I understand your point, but...

First, I do read everything, from statements that I am in total agreement with to statements I totally disagree with.

But more importantly, second, I wouldn't automatically label certain people as "Smite haters" if, well, if a majority of their contributions were about talking about why Smite is bad/below the industry standards/other mobas do better. I mean, Aedar pretty much openly says he doesn't play Smite anymore, and he pretty much sticks around just to call Smite bad. Seriously, look at all of his posts. I'd say a majority of them are just him either bashing Smite or bashing Hi-Rez. I don't go over to, let's say, Mobafire, and bash League of Legends and Riot games, do I?

All4, I like this thread. Is it criticizing Smite? I'd say in a way, it is. But I actually like this thread, because we are all being reasonable, using logic and numbers, and aren't just blindly defending our vie. Look at this post:

Subzero008 wrote:

Perhaps it isn't spoonfeeding. Perhaps its how this game doesn't have much depth to go into. You can't say that any god is realistically difficult to learn how to play. All skillshots in this game aren't realistically that difficult, either.

I mean, yeah, I get that some people like intuitive things, but what's the harm in including some depth? Adding depth to god reveals can only be a good thing; it certainly isn't a BAD thing. League's god reveals go in-depth enough, but if you aren't convinced that there isn't more to it, and that there isn't room to learn intuitively, see this play. (If you're wondering, this is a play slowed down to 33% normal speed.)

Reghar's slow is a DECAYING slow. 80% slow decaying over 2.5 seconds is essentially the same as a 32% slow for 2.5 seconds. It is by no means overpowered in Smite or League, ESPECIALLY compared to-

Scylla's AoE 2.25 sec root/cripple.
Ullr's 1.4 second stun
Anubis' 2 second stun
Freya's 2 second suppress
Nemesis's 40% 2 sec slow
Fenrir's 1 sec stun
Mercury's Special Delivery

I can go on. But anyone who's played both games will universally agree that CC in League is weaker as a whole than Smite, in both general and specific examples. (Oh, and Reghar's is a single-target skillshot, that is WAY harder to hit than every single example above. The projectile speed is sluggish compared to Smite's. Watch the video on the wiki to see. Meanwhile, in Smite, things hit super fast/go through minions/hit in a huge AoE.)

The difference between a decaying slow and a nondecaying one is the same difference between a root and a slow. The difference is enormous.

And I can disprove your statement with another example: Karthus ult. Nu Wa ult. Functionally identical, the only difference is slapping on CC immunity onto Nu Wa's. They are only different in a way that Smite added on. If they removed the CC immunity, it would be a carbon-clone skill.

Seriously. Functionally identical. Used to secure kills from global range and pretty much nothing else. They certainly are not different.

Sub did NOT simply just scream "YOU MORON, IT'S A COPY, ANY 5 YEAR OLD COULD SEE THAT, I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN PLAY SMITE, SINCE YOU SEEM TO BE SO FRICKEN BLIND!"

He used numbers and logic to explain his reasoning in a calm manner. Sub is, in a way, hating on Smite, but I'm not really going after him, because I think he is presenting a valid point, and doing it in a very acceptable way.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 27, 2014 6:46am | Report
that still doesn't explain why you actually snipped at him when he was saying something GOOD about smite is my point.

you know that aedar has always effectivly been doing how sub is doing it now. he is even the person who got sub do to it this way...

i also have stopped playing smite, i have sticked around to critisize the heck out of smite as well (and a handfull of other threads that have nothing to do with smite). how would i be any different from aedar? yet i dont see you snipping at me all the time.

aedar is just asmuch critisizing smite as me or sub, if you want to go over to moba fire and critisize league on what it's not doing right people probebly won't bash you or heck maybe they will agree with you (if janitsu or ninja trigger could confirm or deny this that be great).

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 27, 2014 8:01am | Report
I honestly think they don't care^

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 27, 2014 9:57am | Report
But whether they would care or not is somewhat irrelevant, I (personally) would think that it's considered rude to just go on a forum and talk about why you don't like whatever the forum is about.

That's like someone going on a Christian forum just to try and talk about why they think God is not real. Whether the Christians would care or not is irrelevant, it's still rude.

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 27, 2014 10:05am | Report

I'm also asking anyone who comments on this thread to refrain from throwing **** at each other as many of the members here have been lately.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious and pardon me if I am, but it didn't take long TT.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 27, 2014 11:39am | Report
All4Games wrote:

that still doesn't explain why you actually snipped at him when he was saying something GOOD about smite is my point.

you know that aedar has always effectivly been doing how sub is doing it now. he is even the person who got sub do to it this way...

i also have stopped playing smite, i have sticked around to critisize the heck out of smite as well (and a handfull of other threads that have nothing to do with smite). how would i be any different from aedar? yet i dont see you snipping at me all the time.

aedar is just asmuch critisizing smite as me or sub, if you want to go over to moba fire and critisize league on what it's not doing right people probebly won't bash you or heck maybe they will agree with you (if janitsu or ninja trigger could confirm or deny this that be great).

"I also have stopped playing smite, I have sticked around to criticize the heck out of smite"

Ok, so you decided that you disliked a game so you decided to stick to its community like glue as some kind of prophet of another nation? I honestly don't get the logic. If you don't like a game leave it alone and play something else. It's not a crime to dislike smite or to just, I don't know, get bored of it (as I think is the issue many of this forum have faced) but sticking around just to hate on it is a bit silly if you ask me. It's not like the "old smitefire" are still existent just for the sake of criticism of a game they grew tired of, so why persist and press the issue if you're as detached from it as you seem?
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 27, 2014 1:18pm | Report
first of you imply like i see my self as a god figure, no i do not, i see my self as what i am doing, a critic.

see here is the thing, for all the things i say about smite, for all the things i say about hirez and for all the things that you think i think about both of them... i dont hate smite.

i would like to hate it so i can just put it behind me, but i can't, i still like the game, but it turned so bad that it is just not playable for me, i want to be able to play that game and enjoy it like i used to.

that is why i am being so critical about it, because i hope that in some small way I am actually getting through to people or even hirez who will say "yeah that should change". because if that happens then maybe, just maybe i can enjoy that game again.

you don't have to agree and i am doing this for 100% selfish reasons but i will do it.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 27, 2014 1:53pm | Report

I'm not trying to be obnoxious and pardon me if I am, but it didn't take long TT.

There's no **** being thrown anywhere, Genocide. We may be going off topic, but there's no throwing ****, okay? Read the posts: No insults anywhere.

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » November 27, 2014 1:59pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

There's no **** being thrown anywhere, Genocide. We may be going off topic, but there's no throwing ****, okay? Read the posts: No insults anywhere.

I guess it's an improvement ^^

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }