Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Copying vs Following, and other MOBA vs Smite Comparisons

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Copying vs Following, and other MOBA vs Smite Comparisons 72 posts - page 5 of 8

Poll Question:

BLARGH
ISSAC!
AZAZEL
???
EVE
EDEN
SAMSON
JUDAS
CAIN
LAZARUS
MAGDALENE
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 24, 2014 1:35am | Report
AZAZAZAZA is just too op.
He starts with a mini brimstone and flight, what more could you ask for?

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » November 24, 2014 12:51pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Great questions!

Yay :D

Subzero008 wrote:

Yes, I am saying that they copied it, versus following it.

The concept of the skill - a global damage skill - doesn't have to change. But its purpose can change. It doesn't have to be a rework. I'll give examples.

So because it's a global ult which deals damage to all characters it's copying LoL?
I'd understand that it's copying if it was a really original idea but something like a global ult which deals damage to all characters just isn't original as itselfs.
I mean everyone could think of an ult like that, I'd not really class it as copying, more like a standard ult of sorts (if that makes any sense).

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 24, 2014 1:24pm | Report
because its a global ult that functions in the same way, works for the same purpose and using the exact same concept with very minor changes it's copying lol.

they copied something that you already deem as unorginal so what does that make hirez?

its copying no mather in what shape you try to twist it and its done BAD, hirez has copied waaaaaaaaay more stuff but didn't do that copying BAD, which eventually leads to the version of "following".

if you still say they didn't just straight copy then you have to admit it is an unoriginal ult and everything that is wrong with that ult.

at this point i have given what is effectivly all of my arguments, i can't give more unless some one else gives more counter arguments or agrees that its actually copied. at this point i kind of feel that if you aren't atleast slightly convinced that you are simply unwilling to listen and forcing your ears (eyes in this case) shut :/
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » November 24, 2014 1:28pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

because its a global ult that functions in the same way, works for the same purpose and using the exact same concept with very minor changes it's copying lol.

they copied something that you already deem as unorginal so what does that make hirez?

its copying no mather in what shape you try to twist it and its done BAD, hirez has copied waaaaaaaaay more stuff but didn't do that copying BAD, which eventually leads to the version of "following".

if you still say they didn't just straight copy then you have to admit it is an unoriginal ult and everything that is wrong with that ult.

at this point i have given what is effectivly all of my arguments, i can't give more unless some one else gives more counter arguments or agrees that its actually copied. at this point i kind of feel that if you aren't atleast slightly convinced that you are simply unwilling to listen and forcing your ears (eyes in this case) shut :/

No that's not what I'm trying to say.
What I'm trying to say is that yes, it's unoriginal. But because it's so unoriginal I don't think they copied it. I just think they took an obvious idea and implemented it in their game.
I mean is Neith's 1 so extremely original? There must be someone in LoL who has the same skill right? But it's not copied because it's such an obvious choice for a skill.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 24, 2014 1:41pm | Report
Actually no there is not, no adc has a lined skill shot nuke that roots all enemies it passes through (for league that would be pretty OP on an adc).
There are mages with a line skill shot root but it doesn't pass through units.

So no, there is no ability like neith's 1 in league on an adc.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » November 24, 2014 1:46pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Actually no there is not, no adc has a lined skill shot nuke that roots all enemies it passes through (for league that would be pretty OP on an adc).

actually I think only Zyra has a similar ability

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » November 24, 2014 2:00pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Just an example >.<

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 24, 2014 2:09pm | Report
Then its a bad one. The point is the most similar ability out of all of them is new wa and karthus.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 24, 2014 2:20pm | Report
I think it was a good point. There are plenty of generic abilities that are necessary to do basic tasks such as clearing waves. Sure, small changes make these abilities significantly different, but there are bound to be similarities among certain types of abilities from different games.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » November 24, 2014 2:26pm | Report
Dota has three lanes. LoL has three lanes. Smite has three lanes. Dawngate has two lanes.

Dota was made first, so everyone else is copying, except Dawngate.

Clearly Dawngate master race.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }