Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Clash first impressions!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Clash first impressions! 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 28, 2015 7:42pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Regardless this was supposed to be a post about clash, leave these comments for the patch notes tldr.

I know, but I couldn't wait. I just needed to get that out. Like I said, i was slightly disappointed but I can see where you're coming from with the defensive items. They can be annoying and hard to counter.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 28, 2015 7:53pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Clash looks, like, so cool right now. Saw the trailer, and the map is really pretty! I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, it's gonna be perfectly fine, you'll see.

In regards to this, so far have done 3 clashes and I've had a good time (only won 2/3 but I did stupidly well every time ^^). So sub, regardless of your impressions, if they make a gametype and I enjoy playing it, in a medium that was FREE, I'll be happy it exists :3

Nonetheless, there needs to be some changes and tweaks. At least these are what I think they should change:

Here's the map for reference
  1. Open the jungle: right now the enemy jungle is basically inaccessible for the majority of the game until the towers are pushed, and for the portion it is accessible, it's disadvantageous to go into it since there's no easy exit. The jungle should have an opening in the middle, allowing you to access it in the red buff area so that fights can occur there, and so that more of the map is utilized.
  2. Take out GF and FG. Since this gametype is like Arena in many ways, GF and FG just lead to snowballing, making a deicide into a deicide -> GF or FG as well.
  3. Make the red buff a mid Fury camp. It just makes more sense.
  4. Move the awful spawn location, it's in the weirdest spot right now, takes forever to get from it to lane, and is weirdly closer to your right lane than left lane. Just put it like it is in siege or CQ.
Aside from that I think the gamemode is more or less fine for casual fun. One thing I found really entertaining was how unsafe the towers are, since you can get behind the enemy tower without going in its range you can surround and trap an enemy under tower with teammates for the slaughter. Had way too much fun doing that during my last round.

Anyway, thoughts on these changes?
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 28, 2015 9:00pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

In regards to this, so far have done 3 clashes and I've had a good time (only won 2/3 but I did stupidly well every time ^^). So sub, regardless of your impressions, if they make a gametype and I enjoy playing it, in a medium that was FREE, I'll be happy it exists :3

Nonetheless, there needs to be some changes and tweaks. At least these are what I think they should change:

Here's the map for reference
  1. Open the jungle: right now the enemy jungle is basically inaccessible for the majority of the game until the towers are pushed, and for the portion it is accessible, it's disadvantageous to go into it since there's no easy exit. The jungle should have an opening in the middle, allowing you to access it in the red buff area so that fights can occur there, and so that more of the map is utilized.
  2. Take out GF and FG. Since this gametype is like Arena in many ways, GF and FG just lead to snowballing, making a deicide into a deicide -> GF or FG as well.
  3. Make the red buff a mid Fury camp. It just makes more sense.
  4. Move the awful spawn location, it's in the weirdest spot right now, takes forever to get from it to lane, and is weirdly closer to your right lane than left lane. Just put it like it is in siege or CQ.
Aside from that I think the gamemode is more or less fine for casual fun. One thing I found really entertaining was how unsafe the towers are, since you can get behind the enemy tower without going in its range you can surround and trap an enemy under tower with teammates for the slaughter. Had way too much fun doing that during my last round.

Anyway, thoughts on these changes?

I am soooo envious of you, man. But this is just PBE. I'm sure all the little kinks will have been worked out by then.

It's hard to tell since most of us haven't played it, and so I'm not sure what to say about the map, so I will choose the path of ambiguous positivity and say it'll all work out in the end, because I'm sure HiRez will find a way to make you, and by extension, all of us, happy.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 28, 2015 9:22pm | Report
You know honestly I've never been actively distressed by smite, so I guess HiRez has only made me happy :]
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nanoyam » October 29, 2015 3:00am | Report
I've not tested the map yet but at first it sounded like cheap version trying to satisfy the idea of getting new maps and content. I was really annoyed that Clash was visually put together with pieces from Qonguest.

I cannot yet say much about how will this map work as a gamemode but I'm a little sceptic.

"The map is also designed to allow players the chance to approach unfamiliar mechanics while still giving them room for error. For example, diving Towers in “Conquest” often requires a lot of knowledge from how to trade Tower Aggro, to knowing when to engage, to keeping an eye on potential reinforcements from the enemy team. In “Clash”, the Towers don’t fully cover the entire width of the lane, allowing for more angles of attack for players to experiment with." - Smitegame

Does this mean that you don't even really have to take down objectives and it will be just continuous rape without chance of comeback?

And for those who already tested this mode, how does the team combinations look? Is there any sense when picking up gods? (I know it's just in a PTS, but still interested)
Need help with guidecrafting? Need Review? Read my Guide!

nanoyam

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 29, 2015 5:37am | Report
Mid game gods are the best, from what Ive played/watched. Most first bloods happen 1-2 min after mid red fight. Smitten describes ir has conquest without mid lane You can see Theres a longer way to the titans, and a short way as well.

Write more when I'm home
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » October 29, 2015 5:41am | Report
Can they innovate an every man for thrmdelves Arena like match? That would ****ing insane. Excuse my language.
Every man for themselves is fun in every fame.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nanoyam » October 29, 2015 7:28am | Report
Well now after few matches.. Yea I do think they combined Qonguest and Arena. But was it suffesful?

Every game started at mid and after first kill people returned the base. After this first 10 minutes were like Arena -> Poking -> Chasing -> Low hp -> Back to base. No one even tried to take towers down. Well i'm not surprised. But when we finally got to a point when we were able to take towers we just pushed tower and phoenix ending to titan. Like there was no point with the tower and phoenix. Cause the base is located so far away from the Titan I think they could raise the amount of Titan's healt. That would make more sense cuz now it's just game over after phoenix is down.

Also i'm not sure if 5v5 too much since Siege mode only has 4. And about the gods I agree that mid game gods are most OP in here.
Need help with guidecrafting? Need Review? Read my Guide!

nanoyam

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2015 2:10am | Report
I want to point out how utterly idiotic HiRez is for nerfing Guardian items, as the most item-dependent class in the game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 30, 2015 7:55am | Report
I hope after they tested it, they'll give the map a Hindu style to round out the pantheon themes of the other maps.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }