Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Clash first impressions!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Clash first impressions! 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 28, 2015 5:32pm | Report
Curious what everyone thinks of the new game type! So far I have only played one round, felt very beta, but it's also my first time trying out a new smite gametype since I joined after domination was gone and siege was added. My initial conclusion is that siege arena and conquest had a baby, and that baby put the objectives and the fountain in very bizarre places.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 28, 2015 5:44pm | Report
I mean, it's supposed to be training wheels for arena and conquest.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 28, 2015 6:27pm | Report
I'm still under the impression that it has some aspects unique to itself. It's like conquest only the entire game is late game with your team grouped up and you're constantly engaging the enemy. *shrug* I'll need to try it more to get a deeper impression.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 28, 2015 7:06pm | Report
The rest of the patch is fine, I was disappointed at the nerf to some of the main guardian or warrior items.

I ****ing hate what they did to Sun Wukong, why the **** would you nerf his health and increase the mana cost? He was fine, he was balanced unlike some of the other top tier gods in the game. Speaking of which.

On to Athena, they finally "Nerf" her (I put this loosely). Oooh you increased the cooldown of her ultimate. That good and all, but THAT'S ALL THEY NERFED! What the **** seriously, you could have nerfed her taunt, or charge, or anything but no. She needs to be that special snowflake that will never be nerfed because she needs to be overpowered and the quintessential helmet god. Athena has been too good for too long, they should have nerfed her more. Don't give me any ******** of "oh she's not overpowered at all and is good." yeah, she is good, overpoweringly good. She's overly perfect, overly powered, and a overly stupid god that takes little to no skill to play. They also gave her the first of the gold skin remakes (besides Anubis or Loki) to get the new gold skin, because she is that special.

They seriously needed to nerf her more and now that I got this off my chest, good patch.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 28, 2015 7:17pm | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

The rest of the patch is fine, I was disappointed at the nerf to some of the main guardian or warrior items.

I ****ing hate what they did to Sun Wukong, why the **** would you nerf his health and increase the mana cost? He was fine, he was balanced unlike some of the other top tier gods in the game. Speaking of which.

On to Athena, they finally "Nerf" her (I put this loosely). Oooh you increased the cooldown of her ultimate. That good and all, but THAT'S ALL THEY NERFED! What the **** seriously, you could have nerfed her taunt, or charge, or anything but no. She needs to be that special snowflake that will never be nerfed because she needs to be overpowered and the quintessential helmet god. Athena has been too good for too long, they should have nerfed her more. Don't give me any ******** of "oh she's not overpowered at all and is good." yeah, she is good, overpoweringly good. She's overly perfect, overly powered, and a overly stupid god that takes little to no skill to play. They also gave her the first of the gold skin remakes (besides Anubis or Loki) to get the new gold skin, because she is that special.

They seriously needed to nerf her more and now that I got this off my chest, good patch.

I dunno man, I think you're being a bit too harsh.

I, for one, thought the changes were fine, even if they weren't perfect, and at least they're a step in the right direction, you know? Even if Athena has been dominant lately, they're still doing something.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 28, 2015 7:19pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

I'm still under the impression that it has some aspects unique to itself. It's like conquest only the entire game is late game with your team grouped up and you're constantly engaging the enemy. *shrug* I'll need to try it more to get a deeper impression.

Clash looks, like, so cool right now. Saw the trailer, and the map is really pretty! I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, it's gonna be perfectly fine, you'll see.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 28, 2015 7:31pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I dunno man, I think you're being a bit too harsh.

No, I think I'm justified in my reaction. They nerf gods that don't need to be nerfed unlike any of the other gods that are completely overpowered and they don't touch them once and if they do they make such minor nerfs that they are barely noticeable. Why Sun Wukong out of all the others he was fine nothing wrong with him, but oh no we don't want him to receive any plays so lets nerf him until he dies and is never played again.

Quoted:
I, for one, thought the changes were fine, even if they weren't perfect, and at least they're a step in the right direction, you know? Even if Athena has been dominant lately, they're still doing something.

No, Athena has been dominating the game since the day she was conceived. How long has Sun Wukong been good for, 2-3 weeks? Guess what, nerf Wukong because **** him and **** anyone else who plays him. "We don't want anyone playing a god like Sun Wukong, we want people to play gods like Athena who are overpowered and we're just going to deny it so they only play what we want them to play." -Hi-Rez Balancing Team

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 28, 2015 7:35pm | Report
The level of sincerity is questionable on those comments there sub.

As for you stuke, I think bluestone was the problem not swk, they still haven't nerfed it properly. While Swk is more or less balanced with these changes to the rest of the gods, the second they touch bluestone he'll need to be buffed again, so it was a pretty ill-advised nerf. Athena nerf is in the right direction, but she still needs more than what she got. I'm not going to complain about her getting the mastery skins though, she's a popular god.

As to the item changes, I think that hopefully they'll inspire some more variation in items? If they buff other items it'll at least give supports possibly the opportunity to select other items instead of sov and heartward which would make their builds less stale. I'm also downright sick of the mystical mail rush that's so prevalent in warrior-warrior matchups, I'd much rather see other alternatives, albeit the nerf to that item was probably a bit harsher than it needed to be. Frost hammer nerf is kind of understandable since it made that item really good, but is a big nerf to gods that didn't need to be nerfed like Nemesis, Osiris, Vamana, etc.

Regardless this was supposed to be a post about clash, leave these comments for the patch notes tldr.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » October 28, 2015 7:37pm | Report
I honestly thought it was gonna be a permanent joust the two of us 2v2 map. I think it's way too small for 5v5 tbh.

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » October 28, 2015 7:38pm | Report
Im dying a bit in the inside. Like seriously. Ahh..

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }