Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bullying in guide discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Bullying in guide discussion 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » March 25, 2019 5:32am | Report
LumielGR wrote:
I've reached Platinum II as Aphrodite in S5, even have some wins against popular people, I had people reach me out to reddit to give them ideas about playing Aphrodite. So I just want to be able to post my ideas without being harassed. That's all.

Well well, imagine my surprise when I discovered that we already discussed on Reddit about Aphro. I don't know if you remember, but I've send you a PM there about 4 months ago.

What happened, tho? You used to build items like Lotus Crown and Rod of Asclepius, but they're not listed on your recent build suggestion.

It's a small world indeed.

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » March 25, 2019 5:55am | Report
It's incredible how we can't pass a single week without fight against each other :v

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LumielGR » March 25, 2019 5:58am | Report
Well, nerfs happened and my previous semi-tanking playstyle isn't viable at all any more. It's a good thing in a way, because I was asking for nerfs over a year ago. That was months before she started dominating in the SPL. But HiRez was very lazy with how they treated Aphrodite so I hope she can be adjusted in the near future and be fun again.

Rod of Asclepius is a nice to have item, I will probably add it as situational. I just don't want to confuse people reading the guide with too many options at the moment. I'm still experimenting, and I will probably give gem of isolation priority over other items.

You know, you never responded on how you found out my build / suggestions on PMs, so I figured that Aphrodite was nerfed a lot for that build to not be useful, or that you just didn't like the damage support role at all :)

LumielGR

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » March 25, 2019 6:07am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

It's incredible how we can't pass a single week without fight against each other :v

I guess that's what happens when our activity levels triple in a matter of days

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » March 25, 2019 6:18am | Report
Tlaloc1050 wrote:

I guess that's what happens when our activity levels triple in a matter of days

Meh, we already fought (sometimes) by the same reasons posted here even before we have significant activity levels :v

EDIT: A phrase that came in my mind that I think fits here:
Quoted:

Even the apocalypse wasn't enough to make us stop killing each other based on our ideas - Artyom - Metro 2033 (Adapted).

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » March 25, 2019 6:19am | Report
LumielGR wrote:
It's a good thing in a way, because I was asking for nerfs over a year ago. That was months before she started dominating in the SPL. But HiRez was very lazy with how they treated Aphrodite so I hope she can be adjusted in the near future and be fun again.

I'm impressed about how your perception about Aphro is different from mine. Or from the majority of the playerbase, for that matter. She is always listed as one of the weakest gods in the game for quite some time now.

LumielGR wrote:
You know, you never responded on how you found out my build / suggestions on PMs, so I figured that Aphrodite was nerfed a lot for that build to not be useful, or that you just didn't like the damage support role at all :)

Just after we discussed about Aphro in those messages, I started playing with guardians ( Sylvanus and Khepri), so my definitions of what a support is supposed to do/build changed a lot. As a result, I stopped playing Aphro for a while, specially with the damage builds we discussed. It's been two months since I gave her a try as a support again, now with the experience from playing other guardians.

There weren't any nerfs to Aphro in the past months (Not direct nerfs, at least), so the only thing that changed was my conception about how supports should be played and built.

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » March 25, 2019 7:28am | Report
"I hope we can lock this thread now and go on with our lives :)"

Yes. Please let's do that.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 25, 2019 8:16am | Report
This discussion actually turned out much more pleasant as it went along. I'm okay with it right now.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }