Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Artemis Build Experiment/Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Artemis Build Experiment/Idea 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 26, 2015 7:24pm | Report
Okay so I have been testing a new build with Artemis, mostly focusing on her bad clear in the beginning. Golden Bow could help with that.

My new build was as follows, Golden Bow, Hastened Fatalis, Bloodforge, The Executioner, Deathbringer, Malice. I wanted to see if I could forgo boots entirely.

I startet with Throwing Dagger and 2 health/mana potions. It worked out decently, except for the fact that...

1) No early game sustain.
2) Basics did no damage.
3) Jungler Ratatoskr had Death's Toll for a starter.

Enemies fed off him, and both khumbhakarna and Ratatoskr started bashing me for not having boots, when I was 2-3 and rat was 1-6, and they insulted me in Spanish (which is another insult because I dont understand the language, and they couldve said the meanest **** ever)

At least the Janus said that with the Hastened Fatalis passive, and the Golden Bow +5 speed it made sense to forgo boots. Sigh people.

I was thinking of starting with Death's Toll first, then using my usual build from there (maybe getting some lifesteal as well in the beginning).

Any thoughts on this idea? Cause it COULD work.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » November 27, 2015 12:37am | Report
With this build you will not hit as hard lategame as an art with a regular hunter build but it will come online a bit earlier. The midgame teamfight is very good with this build but it won't have the potency lategame you need a hunter to have. Plus you lose the ability to last hit in lane and deny the enemy farm if you do get a lead. Plus when you activate your steroid you overcap attack speed meaning an even lower overall dps. Not saying glide how is a bad item. Often if teams are sticking really close to each other in teamfights I will build goldenbow but I will build it last. I even build it often. With it my build will usually go dev gloves power boots executioner rage deathbringer then goldenbow. I mean with goldenbow you want your crits hitting as hard as possible and 600 crits will deal 300 splash damage in the area plus when you activate vengeful assault plus goldenbow movement speed you will be moving faster than most hunters while firing with more lifesteal than bloodforge. And rage plus DB is still a better combo on art than malice DB, it's close but rage is better

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » November 27, 2015 6:57am | Report
I don't play conquest much, but is Artemis's wave clear that bad ?

I mean, with Suppress The Insolent and a few basics, you can clear the wave.
By the time you finished your Golden Bow, your ability should be enough to clear it anyway.

By late game, you can pretty much 1 shot minions, is it that necessary to clear a wave in 2 shots rather than 6 ?
Because replacing Golden Bow for a better item would greatly increase your damage late game.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 27, 2015 7:22am | Report
The problem with Suppress The Insolent is that it's too small to hit every minion from the wave, so you either hit the archers or the physical minions. While gods like Apollo, Rama, Chiron, Neith have a straight line ability that ( ALMOST ) fully clears the wave.

I played with GGF a match of Joust which he tried that build and he didn't do half bad, focused out of he's butt, but he did pretty well.. Don't know if it would work in conquest tho
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » November 27, 2015 7:51am | Report
If you stack the wave by basic attacking 3 times it will hit the whole wave

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 27, 2015 8:07am | Report
I planned to replace Golden Bow late game of course, cause by then it has no use. Besides I have hopes that it WILL work because it takes advantage of your early game crit, and a very useful clear that she needs to not be pushed back.

I know that you can "stack" the whole wave with three basic attacks, but that means that you have to push the lane just a bit, and with a god with no actual escapes that's risky to do unless you got fed to ****.

I could replace it later with actual Warrior Tabi, though thats just +5 power.

Maybe a new order setup would work better.

Golden Bow, Bloodforge, Hastened Fatalis, The Executioner, Deathbringer, Malice.

I am not getting Rage cause that's just unnecessary on her with her passive. Ive done well without it.

Starters: Death's Toll, Spiked Gauntlet, and Mana Potion. Or Throwing Dagger 2 health potion and 2 Mana Potion. Maybe 3 Health cause no sustain unless I have a healer support.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » November 27, 2015 9:49am | Report
Even with her passive more crit is almost always better

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 27, 2015 10:05am | Report
But it isnt necessary. That's a difference.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » December 3, 2015 12:02pm | Report
This is an interesting idea, does anybody think it would translate well to an assassin jungle build?

Say maybe Kali with:
Golden Bow Hastened Fatalis Asi Rage The Executioner Deathbringer
Or something similar.

I'm interested in trying it out, but I'm only just starting to learn how to jungle so I'm not all that good in the first place, so I wouldn't be able to gauge how well this works against a traditional jungle build

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 3, 2015 4:29pm | Report
Nah not really. Unless they are REALLY close to each other, then Golden Bow will do nothing.

A hunter with Golden Bow works cause they are more ranged, making them more safe, and because they are more attack speed based.

I thought it could work with Artemis cause of her early game crit and bad early clear, but I wanted to make it a permanent buy. Also no boots cause screw meta. Hey it works (if the jungler is actually good).

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }