Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ares Build ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ares Build ideas 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » April 23, 2019 10:48am | Report
Hello to whoever is reading this, I just wanted to create a short thread for any build ideas for Ares.

I decided to take it to the forums because any builds currently published are either bad or out of date. Plus I've not been able to find any good pro builds, even from "smite pro builds" and finally, theres nothing on YouTube either as all the builds for Ares are either bad or out of date too.

Thank you for reading - UPLAR

PS: a skill leveling would be nice but I'm pretty sure it's: 1,3,2,ult or 1,3,ult,2.

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 10:57am | Report
"Plus I've not been able to find any good pro builds, even from "smite pro builds"" - set filter to Support, it could be showing solo ones. I liked KalaS's and Trixtanks Ares builds from last season, also set filter to SPL.

Also I think skill levelling depends on whether you're going support or solo.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » April 23, 2019 11:00am | Report
I'm looking for Ares support builds and do you think builds from S5 are still viable? Because let's be honest Ares got no changes from S5-S6.

I've just been on smite pro builds again as well, and Kalas had a good build from last year that worked out well and one from this year which didn't.

Btw thanks for the fast reply :)

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 11:08am | Report
They're probably still viable yes, though Thebes *might* be a stronger consideration since it's buff at start of season, and you need to take speed elixir into account when selling boots. Only warrior builds changed really with the buff to blackthorn.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 11:10am | Report
I think sov, void stone, binding, pen/cdr/tank boots, heartward and gem of iso are all pretty decent items on him. With speed elixir you could consider defense/utility or spear of magus (but spear of magus I would prefer for solo lane Ares).

If you want his skill levelling check out polarbearmike, emilzy or jeffhindla on youtube for their most recent Ares video.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » April 23, 2019 11:13am | Report
How does this sound then? Btw I'm open to criticism I have no idea how to build Ares lol.

Reinforced Shoes // Sovereignty // Gauntlet of Thebes // Oni Hunter's Garb // Spirit Robe // Gem of Isolation sell boots for Winged Blade.

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 11:21am | Report
I'd probably get Oni hunter's and then Thebes but thats just me. (situational to Oni hunter's is Shogun's depending on team comp). Spirit robe is fine, gem of iso fine, winged blade fine (but situational, though usually if you need winged blade you might get it a bit earlier, also witchblade would be pretty decent as well on Ares).

I'd also swap reinforced greaves for pen boots on ares if you're going to cap CCR (not that overcapping CCR means much). Just better for lane aggression and Ares is an aggressive support.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 11:36am | Report
Also please read what his passive and abilities do

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 23, 2019 11:40am | Report
About skill leveling I almost never upgrade his 2 until I've reached the max points in 1,3 and ulti and also I alternate between 1 and 3

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 23, 2019 11:42am | Report
Want me to whip up a quick build for him?

Also, typically when going Ares support, you're looking to be aggressive early. Definitely level Shackles first, then you'll probably go into Bolster Defenses, unless you're really controlling things.

With Shoes, you can go one of two ways, optimally IMO. Shoes of the Magi gives the early pen for you, then you go into your protection auras (remember auras help his power). The other option would be to get some earlier upfront tankiness with Reinforced Shoes, and have the option to go further tanky with more protections, or go aggressive with Stone of Binding. That would probably be my preference. You could, of course, go double-aggressive, getting both Shoes of the Magi AND Stone of Binding, but you'll be extremely squishy.

@Myst, typically I never alternate between leveling 1 and 3. 1 has much higher damage potential (but higher risk due to easy potential to miss). You can give teammates a ton of protection between Bolster and your aura defense items...maybe you might consider a quick jump to rank 3 of Searing Flesh to get that jump, but the rank 2 and 4 just aren't worth it.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }