Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Are you a toxic player?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Are you a toxic player? 24 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

Do you consider yourself a toxic player?
Yes, I'm very toxic
Yes, but just when people "play wrong"
No, I'm never toxic
I dunno what is toxic player
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 5, 2019 6:49am | Report
boogiebass wrote:

I think you only lose goodwill if you get reported once in a while.

You don't lose goodwill anymore, no matter what you do. I got reported because a guy got a fuc*ing Chaac jg on a ranked and fu*k with our game, support rage quit, solo rage quit and I stayed at base waiting for the end since he was 2/9, with only 3 guys but they didn't want to surrender.

Anyway, I lost absolutely 0 goodwill even with his report.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » August 5, 2019 7:01am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

You don't lose goodwill anymore, no matter what you do. I got reported because a guy got a fuc*ing Chaac jg on a ranked

https://smite.guru/match/956022734

Yeah that Chaac Jungle wasn't a good idea lol. (Also I almost never play jungle, and im never playing Chaac there again).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 5, 2019 7:32am | Report
Compared to our Chaac jg you were good :p

https://smite.guru/match/956600434

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » August 6, 2019 2:17pm | Report
No!
Never!!
i always remind people to just have fun and keep it cool. Then ... silence because i don't want to feed the Troll.
even if we lose big time, i try to focus on the Game (never surrender!)
If someone keeps beingt toxic, i report him for that.

Last Time i had some Players in the Enemy-Team who danced/lol-ed with their emotes every Time they made a kill. After the Match, i congratulated them for their Win and mentioned that -in my opinion- this is a childish behaviour and i would appreciate it, if they wouldn't do that anymore.
Since i remain gentle and polite, they instantly tried to justify and excused themself.
Most of the Time, keep being friendly and polite helps WAY more in this moment. For every other option, there is a Report.

There is only 1 (one) Rule, if you don't want Toxicity in this Game:
>> it starts with YOU <<

PS: i play mostly casual.
yeah and you know... somebody may not be "feeding" ... he may just be a new Player who can't do better. As long as he's polite and he's trying, i don't mind really.

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 6, 2019 4:04pm | Report
CafPow wrote:

i try to focus on the Game (never surrender!)

That's a bad thought.
Some games the enemy team applies something called snowball, getting too ahead, so you and your team starts to lose ANY fight/farm/objective.

In these cases I strongly recommend you change your mind. If you can't win the match and it isn't good for you and especially your team (since you can't play smite alone, except on duel), consider surrender and help your team and yourself.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 6, 2019 5:17pm | Report
Surrender can be okay, but I'm a partial F7 warrior. You can also improve your own play sometimes by learning how best to play from being obviously behind. It's a way for you to recognize and change your standard strategy/gameplay style.

But I can understand quitting. If you get tilted too easily, or if the game is just so obviously lopsided that there's absolutely nothing of value to be gained, it's okay to F6. But I try to use all situations as learning tools. I do like your attitude, CafPow.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 6, 2019 5:21pm | Report
When there is hope, it's okay do not surrender. But, when there's no light, like when an early game team comp took snowball at early game and there's no way to win late, why not surrender?

I won't say I'm a F7 guy, but I don't surrender unless the game there's no hope/Really bad for me

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » August 7, 2019 2:11am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

That's a bad thought.
Some games the enemy team applies something called snowball, getting too ahead, so you and your team starts to lose ANY fight/farm/objective.

In these cases I strongly recommend you change your mind. If you can't win the match and it isn't good for you and especially your team (since you can't play smite alone, except on duel), consider surrender and help your team and yourself.

i disagree. Yesterday, i was snowballed in the Sololane. But i tried to learn from it, safe farming and slow progress so you can make it to the Endgame / Lategame is something, one should be capable of and i can't learn when i surrender. Since the Enemy-Team misses objectives and only goes for Ganks, you can even turn the Tables cause eventually arriving the Late-Game, the Snowballeffect disappears again. Giving up is not an Option in my Opinion.

Branmuffin17 wrote:

Surrender can be okay, but I'm a partial F7 warrior. You can also improve your own play sometimes by learning how best to play from being obviously behind. It's a way for you to recognize and change your standard strategy/gameplay style.

But I can understand quitting. If you get tilted too easily, or if the game is just so obviously lopsided that there's absolutely nothing of value to be gained, it's okay to F6. But I try to use all situations as learning tools. I do like your attitude, CafPow.

Thank you.
And i understand that sometimes, one is so hard obviously behind, there is no chance of winning anymore. But then again, it will be over soon. I had Games already where i lost really hard, and i had 2-3 games where i F7-tet with another player and in the End, we even Won the thing. That's rare, i agree, but i think this is an important lesson for me.
Also, i don't mind to lose every now and then.
So i agree with you ... when it's wort it to hit F7 or not is a difficult decision sometimes. But i generally play it safe and go for a try.

PS: i dislike it, when enemies surrender. I like to play the Game, and i guess for the Enemies it's the same thing.

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 7, 2019 6:52am | Report
CafPow wrote:

i disagree. Yesterday, i was snowballed in the Sololane. But i tried to learn from it, safe farming and slow progress so you can make it to the Endgame / Lategame is something, one should be capable of and i can't learn when i surrender. Since the Enemy-Team misses objectives and only goes for Ganks, you can even turn the Tables cause eventually arriving the Late-Game, the Snowballeffect disappears again. Giving up is not an Option in my Opinion.

Well, when only you are snowballed, that's okay, but when the entire team are snowballed, surrender can be a decent way to end the match and try to find another match more balanced. If my team wants to surrender because they are not doing well and they are feeling bad with the match I usually agree with them, because not surrender means a lot of times (most part of them) unnecessary stress for the team.

Not saying I surrender for any mistake committed, again, I only surrender when the team wants to because they are not doing well (unless I got braindead enemies, it's hard to carry 3 or 4 guys alone) or when the match became an entire snowball, which nobody on our team can change it, like I said, when an early game comp lost the early game.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » August 7, 2019 7:11am | Report
well .. i can agree on the point where it's "really clear". You can say that there's no need into wasting Time, and being snowballed hard is also not really just fun and games. ^^

it's just sometimes hard to tell, especially for me. That's why i usually don't vote or F7. But if it's really clear, i can accept that. And yeah, i'm kinda democratic. If 3-4 People want to surrender ... heck i'm totally fine with it.
It just depends and i accept everyones Opinion on this. I just tend into not doing this.

CafPow

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }