Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea? 51 posts - page 5 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 28, 2013 6:45pm | Report
everyone who played smite when anhur came out told me that he was garbage before he got buffed.

Also quit saying

Taking away CC immunity from Anhur means it takes away his ult in SOME situations.

it doesn't take it in SOME situations, it takes it in 99% of the situations.

Thats why its ******ed to take it off.

You get a 1% chance to use it out of 99% seems fair?

Also quit bringing up that his obelisk can block a kiss.

Name people who use obelisk as a block from kisses, ect because I haven't seen anybody use his obelisk everytime a projectile is thrown.

Even if you wanted to do that I gaurantee you that I will hit you with the kiss before you block it.

I can prove it.

Joust for fun.

Just play but I try to kiss you and you try to obelisk block my kiss.

I bet that you get a **** load of kisses no **** and don't raise the obelisk in time or on the spot needed to stop the projectiles. Also it waste mana to do that and waste a needed skill.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 28, 2013 6:57pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

everyone who played smite when anhur came out told me that he was garbage before he got buffed.

Also quit saying

Taking away CC immunity from Anhur means it takes away his ult in SOME situations.

it doesn't take it in SOME situations, it takes it in 99% of the situations.

Thats why its ******ed to take it off.

You get a 1% chance to use it out of 99% seems fair?

Also quit bringing up that his obelisk can block a kiss.

Name people who use obelisk as a block from kisses, ect because I haven't seen anybody use his obelisk everytime a projectile is thrown.

Even if you wanted to do that I gaurantee you that I will hit you with the kiss before you block it.

I can prove it.

Joust for fun.

Just play but I try to kiss you and you try to obelisk block my kiss.

I bet that you get a **** load of kisses no **** and don't raise the obelisk in time or on the spot needed to stop the projectiles. Also it waste mana to do that and waste a needed skill.

I've already explained situations where it would work. Sure, it would be less. Not 1% though.

As for 1v1'ing you, that kind of defeats the purpose of the context of my response to All4Games. How can I fight both Apollo and Aphrodite simultaneously in joust? You set up the obelisk preemptively and move around it so as to keep her on the opposite side. Here's a little low-quality diagram I made to help you visualize it:
(Stunned Apollo is Yellow, Aphrodite is pink, Anhur is Red).
When you play the game enough, you will generally know when the enemy is going to use certain moves, and you will plan around it. His Obelisk is an excellent tool for that, and that fact combined with all the utility he has, he doesn't need the sands. (That's right, the sands. You know, the actual nerf I suggeted?)

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 7:22pm | Report
I don't know why we're still trying to complain about the ult (which by the way, has worse scaling than *HADES ULT*)

I already explained how to fix him with his impale stun, which thus results in him missing more than normal ult throws, thus balancing both abilities, AND giving him early game usefulness with waveclear which he desperately needs.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 28, 2013 7:31pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I don't know why we're still trying to complain about the ult (which by the way, has worse scaling than *HADES ULT*)

I already explained how to fix him with his impale stun, which thus results in him missing more than normal ult throws, thus balancing both abilities, AND giving him early game usefulness with waveclear which he desperately needs.

They've ignored everything but the *possible* fix via CC immunity removal, pretty much turning this thread into an endless loop of having to repeat ourselves.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 29, 2013 6:51am | Report

They've ignored everything but the *possible* fix via CC immunity removal, pretty much turning this thread into an endless loop of having to repeat ourselves.

So Much bull****!

Im sorry but realy that is just a complete lie.

We haven't ignored the other possibleties. I mean when you say they I think you mean ICEN and me. ICEN made this tread with Idea's not about anhur's ult and impale.

I can't realy think of an idea for his leap and slow bit im 100% sure that If you nerf anhur that those are where the nerf should be.

You are not adding any argument's for why cc immumety should be removed, you are not concidering any of are point's, and don't give me the "I did but there not good points" you didn't even If they were bad points you didn't.

Ugh that im raging so much point's out to me that I need to stop typing.

And I will after my last 2 cent's.

Here is my explanation for the part of one of my previous comments, the one that I butcherd.

Anhur's ult needs multiple things early game to be Able to kill some one.

1 a stunned target, why? Because he will Miss most of his sprears If the target is moving
1B his impale because you mayby won't have a lane partner who can stun.
1C a wall to stun the target On.

2 being Able to hit atleast 7 of the 8 Spears

If one of the 2 doesn't happen then anhur's ult can't kill a god early game. Simple as that.

Anhur's ult without cc immumety will not let him fullfill number 2 of those things, could only do it in a few situations none of which would be in the lanes which is the only moment where anhur realy needs his ult.

Taking like you said to ICEN the stun into the wall away and replacing it with a push in to the wall and then a buff would be usless because the target can just run away or dash or leap or etc. Even pushing him to your part of the lane wouldn't work because anhur would get way to far out of position and probebly die for it.

You said that anhur's ult counters other people's ult. Yeah so? So many Gods have abilities that counter other Gods their ult. Why would anhur's ULT be different. And realy who will use anhur's ult defencive unless absolutely nececcersy, guan's ult make's him cc immume and silences any one on second hit which means that anhur's ult can't be used so anhur should have been quicker or didn't pop it on purpose because he wasn't in danger. Art her pig makes he cc immume, gives her movement speed and sends a multi stun out. But those are just other ult's who can hard counter, xbal's 3 makes him cc immume, agni dash cc immume, dancingb**** her 2 cc AND DAMAGE immume etc. There are so many cc immumety abilities then why would anhur be the only one to get it removed, he needs it a lot more than most gods to get those Spears out early and get a few kills early.

Kills early and the only reason anhur's ult even exists.

You haven't given us any good example's of good moment's for anhur to ult without cc immumety
Nor have you added any new argument's and I can't because you haven't made new argument's against mine and you haven't because mayby the same reason but i don't realy know why and I don't care a whole lot.

Im done with this argument it's going nowhere you are not even concisering any of our argument's and im just not going to waste more time on it.

Tormented im almost sure your not stupid but, messing with anhur's impale and ult is in every possible way a stupid idea that should not be considerd to nerf him. Anhur needs a nerf but on his leap and slow on nothing else. Im not trying to offend you but I do not think nerfing his impale or his ult is a viable option.

I won't be repliying back to whatever you write.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 29, 2013 10:51am | Report
All4Games wrote:

So Much bull****!

Im sorry but realy that is just a complete lie.

We haven't ignored the other possibleties. I mean when you say they I think you mean ICEN and me. ICEN made this tread with Idea's not about anhur's ult and impale.

I'm sorry, but when all your responses to my points about Anhur's entire kit solely consist of why Anhur needs CC immunity on his ultimate, I have to disagree. I've had to repeat myself ad naseum that his ultimate is not my preferred area of nerfing him. Only LevasK has actually responded to all of my points, albeit ICEN did approve of the sands nerf earlier on in the thread.

All4Games wrote:
I can't realy think of an idea for his leap and slow bit im 100% sure that If you nerf anhur that those are where the nerf should be.
This is exactly my point. The sands is where I think he should be nerfed, but you keep singling out my points about his ultimate and putting your whole argument into it.

All4Games wrote:
You are not adding any argument's for why cc immumety should be removed, you are not concidering any of are point's, and don't give me the "I did but there not good points" you didn't even If they were bad points you didn't.
I have responded directly to your points. Remember the Apollo and Aphrodite one? Look higher up on this page at the (low quality) diagram. And I never said that my points weren't good, in fact I believe they're all valid, or else I wouldn't have posted them. I simply stated that whether or not you think they're valid is up to you, and if you disagree with them, then you should respond directly to them. That's the point of a discussion.

All4Games wrote:
Ugh that im raging so much point's out to me that I need to stop typing.
I don't understand why you're angry; I don't recall posting anything inflammatory, and I have responded to your whole posts (unlike a certain someone who thinks it's okay to respond to select points). It's a simple discussion, so, please, calm down.

All4Games wrote:
And I will after my last 2 cent's.

Here is my explanation for the part of one of my previous comments, the one that I butcherd.

Anhur's ult needs multiple things early game to be Able to kill some one.

1 a stunned target, why? Because he will Miss most of his sprears If the target is moving
1B his impale because you mayby won't have a lane partner who can stun.
1C a wall to stun the target On.

2 being Able to hit atleast 7 of the 8 Spears

If one of the 2 doesn't happen then anhur's ult can't kill a god early game. Simple as that.

1. Not necessarily stunned, just immobilized.
1B. I think that my earlier suggestion can work with this with a slight modification. Remove the sands and therefore the slow/steroid, add a steroid to his Impale and if it knocks them into his Obelisk, they will be rooted for x seconds.
1C. He has his own portable wall, and the tools in his kit to incapacitate someone long enough to land the stun on either his wall or a wall in the map.

2. Um, how about he actually harass down their health beforehand instead of going "lol stun-ultimate-dead."

All4Games wrote:
Anhur's ult without cc immumety will not let him fullfill number 2 of those things, could only do it in a few situations none of which would be in the lanes which is the only moment where anhur realy needs his ult.
Nothing that you stated in this post actually requires CC immunity. Although I agree that CC immunity makes the situations more common.

All4Games wrote:
Taking like you said to ICEN the stun into the wall away and replacing it with a push in to the wall and then a buff would be usless because the target can just run away or dash or leap or etc. Even pushing him to your part of the lane wouldn't work because anhur would get way to far out of position and probebly die for it.
It would require better placement. You do realize that you can knock them into a wall near to you, right? I will, however, add the condition that it could root them if he lands the Impale into his Obelisk.

All4Games wrote:
You said that anhur's ult counters other people's ult. Yeah so? So many Gods have abilities that counter other Gods their ult. Why would anhur's ULT be different.

Those gods don't have so many tools already, though.

All4Games wrote:
And realy who will use anhur's ult defencive unless absolutely nececcersy, guan's ult make's him cc immume and silences any one on second hit which means that anhur's ult can't be used so anhur should have been quicker or didn't pop it on purpose because he wasn't in danger.

The problem is that he can also use it defensively, giving him yet more utility. And for the record, Guan Yu doesn't silence until the second hit, and Anhur's ultimate lasts long enough to pop it before the second hit and last to prevent the stun.

All4Games wrote:
Art her pig makes he cc immume, gives her movement speed and sends a multi stun out. But those are just other ult's who can hard counter, xbal's 3 makes him cc immume, agni dash cc immume, dancingb**** her 2 cc AND DAMAGE immume etc. There are so many cc immumety abilities then why would anhur be the only one to get it removed, he needs it a lot more than most gods to get those Spears out early and get a few kills early.
She has much less utility than Anhur, and, unless you count the traps, zero escapes. The pig can also be killed, and has a huge delay before it attacks each god. Xbalanque has much less utility than Anhur, but I also stated I believe it shouldn't have CC immunity; I wish they have buffed him in another way. I didn't realize we were bringing non-carries into this, but I should think a support god would have ways to counter CC. Again, I do not think that his CC immunity is what should be removed. I have, however, stated why it is a possible fix due to all the utility he has in his kit.

All4Games wrote:
Kills early and the only reason anhur's ult even exists.
Really? Because I thought a long range spell that can go through walls was pretty effective at securing kills.

All4Games wrote:
You haven't given us any good example's of good moment's for anhur to ult without cc immumety
Nor have you added any new argument's and I can't because you haven't made new argument's against mine and you haven't because mayby the same reason but i don't realy know why and I don't care a whole lot.
I honestly don't know how you can believe yourself when you state this. How about you actually read my posts instead of saying "herp-derp wall of text."

All4Games wrote:
Im done with this argument it's going nowhere you are not even concisering any of our argument's and im just not going to waste more time on it.

Tormented im almost sure your not stupid but, messing with anhur's impale and ult is in every possible way a stupid idea that should not be considerd to nerf him. Anhur needs a nerf but on his leap and slow on nothing else. Im not trying to offend you but I do not think nerfing his impale or his ult is a viable option.
I aware you're not trying to offend me, but I agree that this argument is getting nowhere simply because you are the one not considering my points. Every time you talk about CC immunity on his ultimate, you don't take considering into the rest of his kit. Again, that's my preferred area of nerfing him, but due to his current kit, he doesn't need it. And, again, I don't think he should have the CC immunity removed, but rather the sands on his Obelisk.

All4Games wrote:
I won't be repliying back to whatever you write.
Bye, then. If you do reply, I'll be happy to respond given you respond to my whole post rather than the specific section of your choosing.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 29, 2013 12:02pm | Report
Lol, so the picture, the red looks like a face. Just throwing that out there.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 29, 2013 3:29pm | Report
Who is anhur's weakness?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 29, 2013 3:38pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Lol, so the picture, the red looks like a face. Just throwing that out there.

Haha, I noticed that too but couldn't think of a different way to simulate a pathway xD

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 30, 2013 11:22am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Who is anhur's weakness?
Fixing his current jump will make him much more killable.

I rank his skills like this.

#1 way to never die = his jump = this is why he never dies 80% of the time.
Not his shifting sands, not his impale, not anything else although they do work its his jump that is getting him out of mostly all situations.

So if I HAD TO CHOOSE 1 skill to fix first. It would be how his jump works.
Why because since I play Anhur I know that my jump is what I rely on the most.

#2 is shifting sands, but again this is a second option and a less effective one, the jump is much much better for getting out of almost any situation possibly besides stuns and certain CC's like memorize.

________________________________________________________________________________________
I am saying that out of all the things you can nerf, fixing the jump will make the biggest difference. Even though shifting sands can let you escape its a ****py escape compared to his jump.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Lets put it this way. If you were in conquest and got to fix his jump while you are fighting him, you are going to have a much better chance to kill him than if you choose to fix shifting sands first.

If I had too chose 1 fix it would be his jump, but of course I want both his jump and sands fixed.

Its his ability to jump out of almost anything and go over walls which is the biggest problem even if nobody realizes it which I'm sure believe me THEY KNOW JUMPING OVER WALLS IS THE PROBLEM even over shifting sands.

Anhur can say F you I'm jumping over this wall, F you I'm jumping out of your ULT. F you my jump is far ranged.

Fix his jump first and it makes him killable if he makes a mistake.

Right now how his jump works it makes him not very killable even if he makes a mistake.

At least with shifting sands you can still dash through it and do other things to still catch up to anhur or get him. His jump is the #1 problem of why he is hard to kill.

Basically I'm saying even if you nerf his sands I will still have his jump which works way better than the sands.

So Nerf order of effectiveness

#1 Fix jump aka now he is punishable for mistakes, getting caught in the jungle, ect.

#2 Sands second because even if you nerf sands his jump is still there to get him out of any situation.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }