Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea? 51 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 6:43am | Report
While I think it'd be viable and much simpler to simply remove the sands, if you're going to nerf both his jump and the obelisk, then those buffs are fine.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » July 27, 2013 7:05am | Report
So I've been out of the Smite world for awhile now. Could you please list the most common noob complaints about Anhur? (Can't contribute much to this if I don't know what people perceive as the problem with Anhur).

P.s.Not reading the story :p.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 7:09am | Report
LevasK wrote:

So I've been out of the Smite world for awhile now. Could you please list the most common noob complaints about Anhur? (Can't contribute much to this if I don't know what people perceive as the problem with Anhur).

P.s.Not reading the story :p.

He has far too much utility.

1. Wall
2. Slow
3. Steroid
3. Knock back
4. Stun
5. Knock Up
6. CC immunity

And to top it off, every single one of his skills is an effective escape.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 27, 2013 7:15am | Report
Basically people complain about everything.

So what your going to get is mixed answers on what needs nerfed or not.
Why because some people don't like his jump where as others may hate his sands more.

Its just like chang'e troll, some people may hate her new 2 or some people may hate her spammable 1.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 7:18am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Basically people complain about everything.

So what your going to get is mixed answers on what needs nerfed or not.
Why because some people don't like his jump where as others may hate his sands more.

Its just like chang'e troll, some people may hate her new 2 or some people may hate her spammable 1.

While people hate different things about him more, the consensus is that he has too much utility. The ways people want to go about nerfing him are what differ.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » July 27, 2013 7:36am | Report
Anhur has a lot of unreliable utility yes. What makes it all balanced imo is that it is unreliable.

1. Wall-It can hardly be called a wall seeing as how it only takes about as much space as minion/god. If you are able to block someone of with it you deserve to do so.

2. Slow-It's only at 15% slow at rank 1 and 35% (which is not that impressive) + it's not applied to a God ,but rather to the specific area that you can just leave.

3. Steroid-Anhur is very reliant on AAs in late game + again you can leave the sand and you nullify it just like his slow.

3. Knock back- A skillshot that can be a double edged sword + it's usually used for offense in which knock backs are brutal if you screw up.

4. Stun- The most unreliable CC in this game as it relies on a skill shot hitting a target and knocking it into an object,it's not an on demand CC. And if you can consistently pull of Obelisk Impales then you deserve the reward.

5. Knock Up-It's the knock up attached to your only real escape mechanic which if used offensively leaves you wide open.

6. CC immunity-Every channeled ultimate in Smite gives the user CC immunity (before his ult was the only one that didn't give CC immunity and it was a joke).

Bottom line is Anhur is a God that rewards the user for his skill and punishes him for making mistakes (quite heavily) that being said I think Anhur is perfectly fine the way he is. I see no reason for nerfing one of if not the most mechanically intensive God in Smite if you are able to fully utilize all of his kit you deserve to do so.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 7:47am | Report
LevasK wrote:

Anhur has a lot of unreliable utility yes. What makes it all balanced imo is that it is unreliable.

1. Wall-It can hardly be called a wall seeing as how it only takes about as much space as minion/god. If you are able to block someone of with it you deserve to do so.

The thing is, you don't. Not with the amount of utility in his kit as a carry. And I still find it incredibly effective at blocking projectiles.

LevasK wrote:
2. Slow-It's only at 15% slow at rank 1 and 35% (which is not that impressive) + it's not applied to a God ,but rather to the specific area that you can just leave.

It takes up an entire jungle lane and quite a bit of a minion lane. 35% adds quite a bit of distance between him and his pursuer.

LevasK wrote:
3. Steroid-Anhur is very reliant on AAs in late game + again you can leave the sand and you nullify it just like his slow.

He will stun you into the Obelisk, preventing you from leaving it and getting several buffed auto attacks. The fact that the steroid is there also gives it excellent zoning potential.

LevasK wrote:
3. Knock back- A skillshot that can be a double edged sword + it's usually used for offense in which knock backs are brutal if you screw up.

The fact that it can be messed up doesn't take away being another skill that can be used for escapes, and it's definitely not hard to combo with terrain. It's also so incredibly fast that I'd hardly even count it as a skillshot.

LevasK wrote:
4. Stun- The most unreliable CC in this game as it relies on a skill shot hitting a target and knocking it into an object,it's not an on demand CC. And if you can consistently pull of Obelisk Impales then you deserve the reward.

It can be easily accomplished via the knockup from his Disperse.

LevasK wrote:
5. Knock Up-It's the knock up attached to your only real escape mechanic which if used offensively leaves you wide open.

Disperse not by no means your only "real" escape mechanic. He still has an incredible zoning slow, a knockback + stun, and CC immunity.

LevasK wrote:
6. CC immunity-Every channeled ultimate in Smite gives the user CC immunity (before his ult was the only one that didn't give CC immunity and it was a joke).

I believe I explained this in the other Anhur thread. You're welcome to read into it there.

LevasK wrote:
Bottom line is Anhur is a God that rewards the user for his skill and punishes him for making mistakes (quite heavily) that being said I think Anhur is perfectly fine the way he is. I see no reason for nerfing one of if not the most mechanically intensive God in Smite if you are able to fully utilize all of his kit you deserve to do so.

The problem is that he has too many things to be rewarded for. The fact that its skill ceiling is high doesn't validate having such a bloated kit.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 27, 2013 8:10am | Report
Turnip what tread was it you said something about his ult?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 8:13am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Turnip what tread was it you said something about his ult?

It was the other Anhur thread, I believe it has "legit" in its title.

I personally don't find his ultimate to be overpowered, but the CC immunity gives him an effective escape on all four of his skills. Between his ease of escape and bloated utility, something has to go. I don't think removing CC immunity on his ultimate is the best route, but it's certainly a viable one.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 27, 2013 9:36am | Report
If all the escapes are a problem, just get rid of the impale mechanic entirely, and give him a linear skillshot. Neith, Apollo, and Cupid have linear skillshots, which is half of the carries already, with 2 of them being already really good. Give anhur the same ability, "impale", which can pass through multiple enemies, causing a minor bleed that increases in severity the more people are hit. He'll do less damage than an impale stun, but more than a regular impale, MINUS the knockback, and minus a CC. He'll still have his jump, but now he'll FINALLY have some waveclear as well - a huge flaw with him compared to normal ranged carries early game.

This would also pseudonerf his ultimate's ridiculous damage (again, the best long-lasting burst in the game outside of mage Freya's 1+2), by not being stunned into a FULL ult. He'd have to aim it and you have a chance to escape unless he uses his jump to knock you up into the ult. Or he'd have to have communication from his partner to stun you before he ults.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }