Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea? 51 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 9:52am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

If all the escapes are a problem, just get rid of the impale mechanic entirely, and give him a linear skillshot. Neith, Apollo, and Cupid have linear skillshots, which is half of the carries already, with 2 of them being already really good. Give anhur the same ability, "impale", which can pass through multiple enemies, causing a minor bleed that increases in severity the more people are hit. He'll do less damage than an impale stun, but more than a regular impale, MINUS the knockback, and minus a CC. He'll still have his jump, but now he'll FINALLY have some waveclear as well - a huge flaw with him compared to normal ranged carries early game.

This would also pseudonerf his ultimate's ridiculous damage (again, the best long-lasting burst in the game outside of mage Freya's 1+2), by not being stunned into a FULL ult. He'd have to aim it and you have a chance to escape unless he uses his jump to knock you up into the ult. Or he'd have to have communication from his partner to stun you before he ults.

Hm, if that'd be the case then the sands could definitely stay. Although the spear passes through minions so he actually does have good wave clearing. He'd still have a lot of potential in his kit, so it certainly wouldn't cause him to become underpowered.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 27, 2013 10:00am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

If all the escapes are a problem, just get rid of the impale mechanic entirely, and give him a linear skillshot. Neith, Apollo, and Cupid have linear skillshots, which is half of the carries already, with 2 of them being already really good. Give anhur the same ability, "impale", which can pass through multiple enemies, causing a minor bleed that increases in severity the more people are hit. He'll do less damage than an impale stun, but more than a regular impale, MINUS the knockback, and minus a CC. He'll still have his jump, but now he'll FINALLY have some waveclear as well - a huge flaw with him compared to normal ranged carries early game.

This would also pseudonerf his ultimate's ridiculous damage (again, the best long-lasting burst in the game outside of mage Freya's 1+2), by not being stunned into a FULL ult. He'd have to aim it and you have a chance to escape unless he uses his jump to knock you up into the ult. Or he'd have to have communication from his partner to stun you before he ults.

I liked that idea, about bleeding and removing the knock back of Impale. And how about removing the knock up of his Disperse ?

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 27, 2013 10:06am | Report
I don't know about the removal of the knockup. He needs SOME kind of CC. Apollo has Mesmerize, Neith has Spirit Arrow, Artemis (while bad) has the root which can be placed directly on top of someone and instant activate, cupid has his ult (bad that it's an ult, but still CC), and xbal has his ult. Without the knockup, there would be 0 hard cc/root. And I don't think anyone's been complaining about his jump

Just that ridiculous impale.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 27, 2013 10:34am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I don't know about the removal of the knockup. He needs SOME kind of CC. Apollo has Mesmerize, Neith has Spirit Arrow, Artemis (while bad) has the root which can be placed directly on top of someone and instant activate, cupid has his ult (bad that it's an ult, but still CC), and xbal has his ult. Without the knockup, there would be 0 hard cc/root. And I don't think anyone's been complaining about his jump

Just that ridiculous impale.

Lets say you take his stun away what would there be left of anhur because I assume you were talking about his stun on his impale.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » July 27, 2013 10:35am | Report

The thing is, you don't. Not with the amount of utility in his kit as a carry. And I still find it incredibly effective at blocking projectiles.

Didn't understand the part in red. All ADCs in Smite have way too much utility :

Artemis- AoE slow ,root with cripple on top of it, a multiple target stun + the strongest steroid in the game (which unlike Anhurs is dependable).

Apollo- Non skillshot on demand AoE mesmerize (second strongest CC in game) ,2 knock backs ,a MS buff/debuff , AS steroid and a global ult that can be used to escape any situation assuming you don't get bursted down.

Cupid- A stun (if you have 10 stacks of passive which is not hard to get), heal/mana regain ,AS steroid and an ult that's about as wide as lane that slows/cripples and mesmerizes at the end.

Neith- Root that can be turned into a massive AoE root if you hit a weave, a heal that damages enemies also reducing there AS and a global ult that stuns the target if it hits.

Only Xbalanque is screwed in utility department. However he does have 4 steroids a minor (joke) slow and a really nice nuke.

P.s.Same as blocking someones escape if you can block projectiles with Obelisk you deserve to get away with it.

It takes up an entire jungle lane and quite a bit of a minion lane. 35% adds quite a bit of distance between him and his pursuer.

1)Majority of AoE abilities in this game take up an entire jungle lane.AoE CC from all ADCs takes up entire jungle lane.
2)Yes it can put some distance ,but so can CC from every other ADC.

He will stun you into the Obelisk, preventing you from leaving it and getting several buffed auto attacks. The fact that the steroid is there also gives it excellent zoning potential.

1)You are not talking about Steroid alone you are adding additional conditions in this case your target being unable to move,in that case Apollo/Artemis steroids are 100% OP.

2)Having a little boost in damage (assuming you are not maxing Obelisk first) doesn't provide any strong zoning potential in lane. And in teamfights it proves 0 zoning. -.-

The fact that it can be messed up doesn't take away being another skill that can be used for escapes, and it's definitely not hard to combo with terrain. It's also so incredibly fast that I'd hardly even count it as a skillshot.

Like it or not it is a skillshot.

It can be easily accomplished via the knockup from his Disperse.

1)Again you are adding additional conditions to it of course it's easy to land if your enemy is incapacitated.

2)If you try to Disperse in a lane vs an aggressive support (Ymir,Athena,Sobek,Bacchus) you will get punished really hard not even mentioning how risky this is now that Smite has junglers in it.

3)It can't be done in a teamfight without suiciding.

Disperse not by no means your only "real" escape mechanic. He still has an incredible zoning slow, a knockback + stun, and CC immunity.

It is his only real escape mechanic.
Real escape mechanics-Leap/Dash.
Pseudo escape mechanics-everything else.

I believe I explained this in the other Anhur thread. You're welcome to read into it there.

If you are too lazy to type it all over again you can copy-paste.

The problem is that he has too many things to be rewarded for. The fact that its skill ceiling is high doesn't validate having such a bloated kit.

Smite is mechanically easy game with pretty much the exception of Anhur,so him getting rewarded for his skill is no problem. (Sadly this part is opinion based).

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 27, 2013 2:09pm | Report

It was the other Anhur thread, I believe it has "legit" in its title.

I personally don't find his ultimate to be overpowered, but the CC immunity gives him an effective escape on all four of his skills. Between his ease of escape and bloated utility, something has to go. I don't think removing CC immunity on his ultimate is the best route, but it's certainly a viable one.

It used to be so that he wasn't cc immune during his ult and gess what it was a joke. It would even more so today because more and more Gods are getting inturupting cc abilities for example, I am apollo I Eather dash and knock him up or I mez him. Im hebo I knock up im zeus 3 charges are not hard to get and stun im ANY TANK (not counting vulan) and I stun, taunt, silence, etc.

And he hasn't fired 3 spears. His ult is already a joke mid to late game and it would be out right usless without cc immumety.

It's defently not a viable solution to make any Gods ultimate usless

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 7:18pm | Report
LevasK wrote:
Didn't understand the part in red.

I was stating that just because his has a higher skillcap than many gods doesn't warrant having such a bloated kit.

LevasK wrote:
All ADCs in Smite have way too much utility :

Artemis- AoE slow ,root with cripple on top of it, a multiple target stun + the strongest steroid in the game (which unlike Anhurs is dependable).

Apollo- Non skillshot on demand AoE mesmerize (second strongest CC in game) ,2 knock backs ,a MS buff/debuff , AS steroid and a global ult that can be used to escape any situation assuming you don't get bursted down.

Cupid- A stun (if you have 10 stacks of passive which is not hard to get), heal/mana regain ,AS steroid and an ult that's about as wide as lane that slows/cripples and mesmerizes at the end.

Neith- Root that can be turned into a massive AoE root if you hit a weave, a heal that damages enemies also reducing there AS and a global ult that stuns the target if it hits.

Only Xbalanque is screwed in utility department. However he does have 4 steroids a minor (joke) slow and a really nice nuke.

Let's put all the utility ever carry has and see where Anhur falls into it:

0. Enemy Carry Debuff - Anhur
1. Slow - Anhur, Artemis, Neith, Apollo, Cupid, Xbalanque
2. Projectile shield (a.k.a. wall) - Anhur, Xbalanque (via extreme technicality)
3. Steroid - Anhur, Artemis, Apollo, Cupid
4. Knock-back - Anhur
5. Stun - Anhur, Cupid, Xbalanque (lol), Artemis
6. Knock-up - Anhur, Apollo
7. Leap/dash - Anhur, Cupid, Neith, Xbalanque, Apollo
8. CC immunity - Anhur, Xbalanque, Apollo, Artemis
9. Root/Cripple - Cupid, Artemis, Neith
10. Movement speed increase - Artemis, Cupid, Apollo
11. Heal - Cupid, Neith
12. Global Presence - Neith, Apollo
13. Free wards - Artemis, Neith
14. Mesmerize - Apollo, Cupid
15. Zoning - Anhur, Cupid, Neith

Anhur: 10
Apollo: 8
Neith: 7 6
Cupid: 8 (only 4 outside of ultimate)
Xbalanque: 5
Artemis: 7

I understand this is not a perfect comparison due to how effective each utility is, but it serves its purpose fine I believe. Feel free to revise it if you find faults.

LevasK wrote:
P.s.Same as blocking someones escape if you can block projectiles with Obelisk you deserve to get away with it.
No. The level of difficulty does not warrant a bloated kit.

P.S. it's not even hard to do.

LevasK wrote:
2. Slow-It's only at 15% slow at rank 1 and 35% (which is not that impressive) + it's not applied to a God ,but rather to the specific area that you can just leave.
35% is a huge slow, and it's better when it's applied to a specific area; it turns it into both a slow and zone. Sure, you can leave. At a slowed pace.

LevasK wrote:
1)Majority of AoE abilities in this game take up an entire jungle lane.AoE CC from all ADCs takes up entire jungle lane.
2)Yes it can put some distance ,but so can CC from every other ADC.
1. Yes, and that is why they are so effective at zoning.
2. No other ADC (or even god) has an escape on all four skills.

LevasK wrote:
1)You are not talking about Steroid alone you are adding additional conditions in this case your target being unable to move,in that case Apollo/Artemis steroids are 100% OP.

2)Having a little boost in damage (assuming you are not maxing Obelisk first) doesn't provide any strong zoning potential in lane. And in teamfights it proves 0 zoning. -.-

1. Whether or not he manages the stun, it's not as simple as leaving the Obelisk because it slows you. Also, Apollo does not have the tools in his kit to stop movement (longer than one basic attack as his mesmerize ends upon damage). Artemis does have one of the best steroids in the game, yes.

2. It doesn't provide as much zoning potential in-lane (early game), but it's still an effective escape, a projectile shield, and a small damage buff. And it provides a great deal of zoning (as well as protection for your team) in teamfights. In fact, while it shines most for escaping in the jungle, using it in teamfights is one of its better uses.

LevasK wrote:
Like it or not it is a skillshot.
I concede to this point. That still doesn't warrant the amount of potential this skill has with his current kit.

LevasK wrote:
1)Again you are adding additional conditions to it of course it's easy to land if your enemy is incapacitated.

2)If you try to Disperse in a lane vs an aggressive support (Ymir,Athena,Sobek,Bacchus) you will get punished really hard not even mentioning how risky this is now that Smite has junglers in it.

3)It can't be done in a teamfight without suiciding.

1. No, I'm not adding additional conditions because he has the tools in his kit to do so. Again, bloated.

2. He still has three effective escapes even when his Disperse is used offensively.

3. It's typically not the best idea to use it for initiation in a teamfight; that's what your tanks are for.

LevasK wrote:
It is his only real escape mechanic.
Real escape mechanics-Leap/Dash.
Pseudo escape mechanics-everything else.

I fail to see how an AoE slow is not a true escape mechanic.
I fail to see how a knockback or slow is not a true escape mechanic.
I fail to see how CC immunity is not one of the best escape mechanics in the game; it nullifies many tools that the pursuers would use to close the gap.

LevasK wrote:
If you are too lazy to type it all over again you can copy-paste.

I can't copy and paste it because it would be taken out of context if placed in this thread. If you're too lazy to view the responses in that thread, there's nothing I can do.

LevasK wrote:
Bottom line is Anhur is a God that rewards the user for his skill and punishes him for making mistakes (quite heavily) that being said I think Anhur is perfectly fine the way he is. I see no reason for nerfing one of if not the most mechanically intensive God in Smite if you are able to fully utilize all of his kit you deserve to do so.

He's not heavily punished for making mistakes, because no mistakes he makes keeps the enemy god in close range. For example, up Impale in a teamfight, knocking the enemy to safety is indeed punishment. It's not heavy punishment, which would result in his death.

And while I agree that he has one of the higher skill caps in the game, that does not warrant such a bloated kit. Fully utilizing his kit puts him at an unfair advantage.

LevasK wrote:
Smite is mechanically easy game with pretty much the exception of Anhur,so him getting rewarded for his skill is no problem. (Sadly this part is opinion based).

Having a high skill ceiling does not warrant such a bloated kit.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 7:35pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

It used to be so that he wasn't cc immune during his ult and gess what it was a joke. It would even more so today because more and more Gods are getting inturupting cc abilities for example, I am apollo I Eather dash and knock him up or I mez him. Im hebo I knock up im zeus 3 charges are not hard to get and stun im ANY TANK (not counting vulan) and I stun, taunt, silence, etc.
Half of the CC's you mentioned, it would be Anhur's own fault if he used his ultimates in those situations. But I do agree that the CC immunity is not the problem with his kit. I just think that he doesn't need it. If one thing was to go, that's not what I would pick, but it would certainly be a viable option and would hardly make his ultimate a joke.

All4Games wrote:
And he hasn't fired 3 spears. His ult is already a joke mid to late game and it would be out right usless without cc immumety.

It's defently not a viable solution to make any Gods ultimate usless
I think that removing the CC immunity is not the best route to fixing Anhur. But it still wouldn't be a useless ultimate. After all, it has a longer range and can go through anything - an excellent skill for securing a kill.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 28, 2013 1:44am | Report

Half of the CC's you mentioned, it would be Anhur's own fault if he used his ultimates in those situations. But I do agree that the CC immunity is not the problem with his kit. I just think that he doesn't need it. If one thing was to go, that's not what I would pick, but it would certainly be a viable option and would hardly make his ultimate a joke.

I think that removing the CC immunity is not the best route to fixing Anhur. But it still wouldn't be a useless ultimate. After all, it has a longer range and can go through anything - an excellent skill for securing a kill.

You just repeated everything you said before with a few extra details
But no real added arguments so how are going to try to convince anyone by repeating the same things when people all ready made a counter argument.

Basicly every god has a form of animation inteription cc now.

I want to ask you how many Gods could inturupt him without cc immumety.

If you would take his cc immumety then anhur's ult would be usless in almost all situation.

The only situations it would be usefull Is when you got the stun of on 1 enemy and there is no one from the other team with a global ult or near you and then you create a lot of range between you and your enemy and when it's in the jungle which will only happen mid-late game when his ult is already a lot weaker.

Another situation you pionted out was over the wall finish. Anhur has a leap that can go over walls and an AoE slow with a knock up and a knock back and a possible stun... Most of the time it's almost impossible to get away from him even If you use every escape you have. So that cuts of those situations where he can get close enough by his other abilities. Then the only benifite is the range on his ult...

I will say it again. Take his cc immumety and the only benifite is the range on his ult and going trough walls.

I think on a god like anhur you need to have an ult that can give him a good chunk of damage early but not much late so you can get a few kills in lane.

Taking his immumety of will not let him do this.

There are so many ways I could say this but im saying it this way. Taking anhur's cc immumety away on his ult would render it usless ecsept for a few rare ocassions.

If you nerf anhur for the love of god do not touch his ult ecsept for the range. If you nerf anhur for the love of god do not touch his impale his whole kit is build around it.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 28, 2013 4:18am | Report
All4Games wrote:

You just repeated everything you said before with a few extra details
But no real added arguments so how are going to try to convince anyone by repeating the same things when people all ready made a counter argument.

Basicly every god has a form of animation inteription cc now.

I want to ask you how many Gods could inturupt him without cc immumety.

If you would take his cc immumety then anhur's ult would be usless in almost all situation.

The only situations it would be usefull Is when you got the stun of on 1 enemy and there is no one from the other team with a global ult or near you and then you create a lot of range between you and your enemy and when it's in the jungle which will only happen mid-late game when his ult is already a lot weaker.

Another situation you pionted out was over the wall finish. Anhur has a leap that can go over walls and an AoE slow with a knock up and a knock back and a possible stun... Most of the time it's almost impossible to get away from him even If you use every escape you have. So that cuts of those situations where he can get close enough by his other abilities. Then the only benifite is the range on his ult...

I will say it again. Take his cc immumety and the only benifite is the range on his ult and going trough walls.

I think on a god like anhur you need to have an ult that can give him a good chunk of damage early but not much late so you can get a few kills in lane.

Taking his immumety of will not let him do this.

There are so many ways I could say this but im saying it this way. Taking anhur's cc immumety away on his ult would render it usless ecsept for a few rare ocassions.

If you nerf anhur for the love of god do not touch his ult ecsept for the range. If you nerf anhur for the love of god do not touch his impale his whole kit is build around it.
Yes for the love of god quit talking about messing with his impale or his ult. Especially his damn impale!!!

Impale is the core foundation of Anhur's character. Impale is what makes him different. Impale is the skill that is special TO ANHUR.

Please stop bringing up the impale + obelisk combo like it happens to people alot because only a really good Anhur player is going to be doing that to you over and over.
I think I only been hit by that combo once or twice since I been playing smite
SO does that tell you how many people are actually good enough to do that combo???

People TRY to act like his impale + Obelisk combo is the easiest thing in the world. Well I bet you that if we went into joust for fun and you spammed that combo all match and used nothing else you wouldn't even pull of that combo even 40% of the time.

The reason I say 40% is because if your going to spam it of course you will get it sooner or later but in real conquest the chances of you pulling off that combo is like 35% or lower because in conquest your not going to spam 2 skills and waste your mana over and over just to try to hit the combo.

If you want to nerf Anhur mess with his jump or shifting sands.

Impale is what makes Anhur Anhur, and quit talking about apollo and neith like they are anhur, they are wanna be copies of Anhur's skill shot. They are in fact clones of his impale. Anhur is the father of that creation I think.

Hey what was anhur like when nobody played him? There was a point in time where I herd Anhur was garbage so they had to buff him? What was it that made him garbage because I recall people talking about anhur sucking super bad in the past.

Imaple and ULT is here to stay don't bother trying to nerf it because I can promise it won't happen.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }