Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea? 51 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 26, 2013 11:15pm | Report
Humm I just thought of a werid way to give Anhur something interesting.
Tell me if its a failure or not don't be afraid to say "NO just NO" or you can call it the best idea ever or call it a wanna be fenrir.

So I am on the main smite forum saying how to balance anhur.

Well I just thought of a way to take away his slow from shifting sands completely and take away his damage buff in the sands.

After thinking hard.

I really do not need his slow AT ALL, I thought hard and really most of my impales are not even needed with the sand. The only thing the sand is used for is escapes and damage buff from basic attacks which already do alot of damage by itself.

So

Heres what I was possibly thinking of another idea.

Change Anhurs shifting Sands and re name it DESERT OBELISK. Someone came up with that idea and I think its pretty good since I want it to revolve around the obelisk since the sands slow and basic attack buff will be taken away.

Okay so here is the idea.

Desert Obelisk
NERFS
- Basic attack buff has been removed
- Slow from the sand has been removed BUT THE SAND STILL SURROUNDS THE OBELISK
BUFFS
- Gods impaled on the obelisk gain Anhur penetration Example 10/15/20/25/30% for 1.5's
- Gods in the sand surrounding the obelisk can now be targeted by Disperse
- Anhur can only target a single god with disperse while they are in the sands
- A god targeted in the sands with disperse take extra damage from the ability and disperse increase in speed.
- Dipserse animation speed 10/20/30/40/50% Additional damage 10/20/30/40/50

So

What happens now is when anhur uses shifting sands on you, you will no longer be slowed and anhur can no longer do extra buff basic attack damage to you.

Anhur can now do two things, target you with disperse doing extra damage from disperse or impale you on his obelisk for extra penetration duration of 1.5's

I think its a fair trade off to make him lose his slow CC and basic attack buff

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 26, 2013 11:27pm | Report
The removal of the sands around his Obelisk, and therefore the slow and damage steroid, will in itself do an excellent job of balancing Anhur.

No further nerfs, and no further buffs.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 26, 2013 11:42pm | Report
At the same time, that's literally his ONLY steroid, and the obelisk is what top tier players rely on - beginners will never do amazing with it, so it isn't a problem on them, only on the players who use it masterfully. I think a nerf on the % of his passive is more applicable, or perhaps on the projectile speed, firerate, and/or number of spears involved in his ultimate - the 2nd highest dps 5+ second burst in the game (only second to a full-hitting 1+2 combo from a decked out freya). His ult is what is broken, not the small basic attack damage buff of the sands. Or, conversely, the passive (-15% physical damage if I remember correctly) is what lets him outtrade other carries.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 26, 2013 11:43pm | Report
Someone also wanted it just to be a plain obelisk.

But I said if its just a plain obelisk then it needs to be mana free like agnis ult because it will be pretty much useless.

Also if its just a obelisk then I want some other buff like let my anhurs ult give me lifesteal while Im smash your face in with his spears. Each spear gains you life steal.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 26, 2013 11:57pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

At the same time, that's literally his ONLY steroid, and the obelisk is what top tier players rely on - beginners will never do amazing with it, so it isn't a problem on them, only on the players who use it masterfully. I think a nerf on the % of his passive is more applicable, or perhaps on the projectile speed, firerate, and/or number of spears involved in his ultimate - the 2nd highest dps 5+ second burst in the game (only second to a full-hitting 1+2 combo from a decked out freya). His ult is what is broken, not the small basic attack damage buff of the sands. Or, conversely, the passive (-15% physical damage if I remember correctly) is what lets him outtrade other carries.

He doesn't need a steroid due to the massive amount of utility he has. He'll already get so many free basic attack hits via his Disperse knockup and Impale stun that the steroid is overkill. In its current state, the slow from the Obelisks' sands takes up an entire jungle lane as well as a large portion of a minion lane, giving him four escapes. Reducing it to just an Obelisk would still combo well with his Disperse and Impale skills while increasing his initiation risk. As it stands he has virtually no risk of initiating due to the immense amount of escaping tools in his kit.

I think his ultimate (other than its CC immunity is fine), but perhaps it could be given a longer duration with less damage for each Spear that hits, making it not so utterly devastating on an Impaled target. After all, it is one of the harder ultimates to land completely unless his target(s) is(are) stunned.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 12:02am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Someone also wanted it just to be a plain obelisk.

But I said if its just a plain obelisk then it needs to be mana free like agnis ult because it will be pretty much useless.

Also if its just a obelisk then I want some other buff like let my anhurs ult give me lifesteal while Im smash your face in with his spears. Each spear gains you life steal.

His Obelisk by itself is still incredibly useful.

You can land your Impale on it, you can stop projectiles with it, and you can do things such as preventing Sobek's Charge Prey with good timing and depth perception. The slow and steroid is overkill, and you do not need lifesteal to offset the nerf.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 27, 2013 1:12am | Report
Ok I don't like this idea for some reasons. 1) I don't really think Anhur needs to be changed, if anything jay remove the buff. And 2) this game I about SKILLSHOTS by making shifting sands allow you to target someone with disperse, it removes skillshots and makes it autotarget. Unless I read that wrong, thats how I understood it. Also, anhurs jump could lose the knockup. What I would do is remove the buff from Shifting Sands. And make it so that when Anhur leaps, it does damage, with no knockup. But if te target is in te sand radius, then they get knocked up, or get additionally slowed.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 27, 2013 1:14am | Report
OOOOHHHHHH I GET IT NOW!!! the leap would work like fenrir 3. Yeah no, don't do that.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 27, 2013 3:19am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

OOOOHHHHHH I GET IT NOW!!! the leap would work like fenrir 3. Yeah no, don't do that.
Only in the sand and that wasn't my main way of fixing it, that was just one out of the 4 million thingis I thought of.

My main thing that I always said was.

Take slow away. Take basic damage buff away.

Reduce obelisk to 5's but gains 1.5's lifetime if you impale them on the obelisk before it disappears, reason is because impale maxed out stuns for 1.5's which is the lifetime needed to keep them on the pillar.

Anhur gains penetration if you impale them to the pillar.
Anhurs jump does more damage in the sand but remember the sand has no slow or basic attack damage buff so people will waste their only escape if they choose to do that encouraging jump obelisk combo which I never seen anyone do yet.

Jump is shorter
jump speed on animation is faster
cannot jump over walls
jump aoe is lessened, and enemies behind where anhur's disperse lands will not be knocked up.

So what does this do???

Makes anhur a rewarded for landing a impale on a obelisk.
Remember the jump is nerfed so the slight buff on damage of disperse being in the sands would be alright since his jump is shorter, cannot go over walls and knockback is reduce to the side and front of where anhur lands.

Remember anhur in the jungle? Thats right he jumps over everything so you will NEVER get him unless he wasted his jump before. You will NEVER get him because he will slow you.

What I did was make it to where anhurs jump is a gap closer but not a great escape like before. If you are ymir you could put a wall up and anhur is now screwed. Not only can he not jump but he has no slow anymore. The only thing he can do is impale you.

IMO Thats still the best way to balance his entire character and make him more skilled to play.

Here let me go over the nerfs for you too actually see with eyes what I WANT OUT and what I WANT IN

NERFS :
- SLow from sands removed from the game
- Damage buff from the sand basic attack removed from the game
- lifetime of the obelisk reduced to 5's unless impaled on it it gains 1.5's lifetime
- shortened jump aka range
- smaller AOE on his jump, aka nerfed
- instead of all around knock up on his jump it will be sides and front knockup only
- jump cannot go over walls

Those are some pretty significant nerfs

Buffs aka FIXES not really buffs they are fixes
- Increased jump speed (because of the nerfs on range) this makes it a gap closer
- Penetration is gained when you impale a god onto the obelisk
- extra disperse damage when you land on a god in the sand

Now please compare all those BIG NERFS to the small FIXES and you will see that it makes anhur way more balanced.

Its as simple as this, would you rather have him with those fixes or would you rather have his *** like he is now??

Almost everything I put doesn't change who anur is as a god or ruin his core character, instead it either makes it take more skill or fixed him.

Now to make sure its balanced I will create a smite story feel free to read it.

The story of ANhur

- You are playing conquest yay!!!!

You meet up with a anhur OH NO!!!!!! Hes op how ever can you kill him!!!!
You chase him in the jungle. You are both full HP.
He brings up an obelisk OH NO the slow and damage buff!!!!
Oh thats right he has no slow or damage buff so the only way he can do anything is to impale you to the obelisk or waste his jump which is now nerfed!!!
Wow all you gotta do is move away from the obelisk and you survived!!!

So now anhur is looking at you, he doesn't want to waste the only jump he has and he can't get a good angle on you yet so he just wasted some mana on his obelisk. Okay he tried but he missed the impale like most them dirty nubs.

So now he has his jump. You back him down into the blue buff camp, oh whats this? He cannot jump over the wall no more so anhur uses his new balanced jump to create small distance from you. Its a decent jump but you are still on his *** and will get him in a a second. You now laugh as he has no slow to slow you!!!

So anhur finally wants to fight.
He jumps at you with his new quicker jump but shorter ranged jump.
He knocks you up but not your team mates that were behind him because remember the nerf!!! He then misses an impale like a noob.

Now he is screwed, he has no escape and even if he did its not that great anymore.
You start beating his brains in until he finally pulls up another obelisk.

It just so happens he gets lucky and impales you on it, he now gains penetration which he should for being pro enough to land that combo. He ults you and you survive by a hair.

Anhur has no impale, no ult and no obelisk oh no!!

He has his jump though!
Aww he can't jump over walls so he despretly tries to jump between your team mates and make it out of the jungle with his shorter but quicker jump. He makes it 20 feet head but so does ymirs wall and hercules said "***** I'MA USE MY 1 TO CATCH UP HOE!!!"

so anhur dies because hes actually killable now and can't escape from everything.
He was rewarded with being a good player but at the end just couldn't handle not having his 4 escapes.

Hope this helps, impale is the only thing that will save anhur now, I don't consider that new gap closer jump a great escapse to worry about.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 27, 2013 3:32am | Report
No go back up and re-read my story! ^^^^

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }