Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anhur wanna be fenrir Idea? 51 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 28, 2013 7:19am | Report
I disagree with the apollo anhur copy part because Apollo's is just flat damage but a bit wider though neith's has the same hit box and a bit of a delay and is a root.

I guess out of the 3 skill shot nuke's neith and anhur are the most alike but apollo no just no.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 28, 2013 8:06am | Report
All4Games wrote:

You just repeated everything you said before with a few extra details
But no real added arguments so how are going to try to convince anyone by repeating the same things when people all ready made a counter argument.

First off, of course I'm going to include a core response in every post involving his ultimate.
Second, I directly responded to the counter argument with the added details. Whether or not you think it's a "good" argument is up to you.

All4Games wrote:
Basicly every god has a form of animation inteription cc now.

I want to ask you how many Gods could inturupt him without cc immumety.

The reason I'm having to repeat myself is because I'm getting the same questions. Like I've said, I don't think CC immunity is the best thing to take from his kit, but if it is taken, it would be his fault for using it at a time to be easily interrupted.

All4Games wrote:
If you would take his cc immumety then anhur's ult would be usless in almost all situation.

The only situations it would be usefull Is when you got the stun of on 1 enemy and there is no one from the other team with a global ult or near you and then you create a lot of range between you and your enemy and when it's in the jungle which will only happen mid-late game when his ult is already a lot weaker.

Another situation you pionted out was over the wall finish. Anhur has a leap that can go over walls and an AoE slow with a knock up and a knock back and a possible stun... Most of the time it's almost impossible to get away from him even If you use every escape you have. So that cuts of those situations where he can get close enough by his other abilities. Then the only benifite is the range on his ult...

First of all, his CC immunity makes other skills useless on top of its current effect, such as Artemis's Super Pig and Guan Yu's Tactician's Advantage.

I don't see why it needs to be useful in every possible situation. You gave an example of when it'd be useful: when he lands a stun. I fail to see why this is a problem considering his kit is essential a bunch of tools that combo off of eachother. I also don't see what a global ultimate has to do with it; if Apollo or Athena are coming, don't 1v1. And if Xbalanque uses his ultimate, you wouldn't be able to see regardless of CC immunity, and having CC immunity on Anhur's ult counters Neith's ult, making it useless in that situation.

As for the "over the wall finish" paragraph, you just supported the notion that Anhur has too much in his kit. You're saying that using it to secure a kill from a fleeing enemy is redundant because he already has so many tools to do so. What I get from this is that basically you think Anhur should have the CC immunity for a fourth effective escape. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't mean to misinterpret you.

All4Games wrote:
I will say it again. Take his cc immumety and the only benifite is the range on his ult and going trough walls.

And that's a great thing in and of itself.

All4Games wrote:
I think on a god like anhur you need to have an ult that can give him a good chunk of damage early but not much late so you can get a few kills in lane.
I agree, as he is a carry. What he doesn't need is the utility given from CC immunity. In lane, it does what it needs even without the CC immunity - getting some kills via an Impale stun into the ult combo.

All4Games wrote:
Taking his immumety of will not let him do this.

It would still let him get kills if he doesn't use it like a moron.

All4Games wrote:
There are so many ways I could say this but im saying it this way. Taking anhur's cc immumety away on his ult would render it usless ecsept for a few rare ocassions.

If you nerf anhur for the love of god do not touch his ult ecsept for the range. If you nerf anhur for the love of god do not touch his impale his whole kit is build around it.

As I've said before, the CC immunity on his ultimate is not what I want to change; I gave it as an option.

What I think the best balancing tool for Anhur would be:
Remove the Sands from his Obelisk and therefore the slow and steroid.

Remove the stun from his Impale and replace it with a steroid if it knocks the target into a wall.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 28, 2013 8:14am | Report
ICEN wrote:
Yes for the love of god quit talking about messing with his impale or his ult. Especially his damn impale!!!

Impale is the core foundation of Anhur's character. Impale is what makes him different. Impale is the skill that is special TO ANHUR.

Please stop bringing up the impale + obelisk combo like it happens to people alot because only a really good Anhur player is going to be doing that to you over and over.
I think I only been hit by that combo once or twice since I been playing smite
SO does that tell you how many people are actually good enough to do that combo???

People TRY to act like his impale + Obelisk combo is the easiest thing in the world. Well I bet you that if we went into joust for fun and you spammed that combo all match and used nothing else you wouldn't even pull of that combo even 40% of the time.

The reason I say 40% is because if your going to spam it of course you will get it sooner or later but in real conquest the chances of you pulling off that combo is like 35% or lower because in conquest your not going to spam 2 skills and waste your mana over and over just to try to hit the combo.
Because Impale only stuns if it hits the Obelisk, amirite? I the problem is that he can Disperse onto the enemy, setting them up for an easy Impale, and still having two escape mechanics left in his kit.

ICEN wrote:
If you want to nerf Anhur mess with his jump or shifting sands.

Impale is what makes Anhur Anhur, and quit talking about apollo and neith like they are anhur, they are wanna be copies of Anhur's skill shot. They are in fact clones of his impale. Anhur is the father of that creation I think.

I agree that Shifting Sands is the best place to nerf Anhur.

I don't see how any of Neith's or Apollo's moves are clones of Impale, though. o.O

ICEN wrote:
Hey what was anhur like when nobody played him? There was a point in time where I herd Anhur was garbage so they had to buff him? What was it that made him garbage because I recall people talking about anhur sucking super bad in the past.

Imaple and ULT is here to stay don't bother trying to nerf it because I can promise it won't happen.

This is a suggestion thread, I believe. I'm not trying to nerf anything, because I know what I say here isn't going to affect him at all. I'm just stating what I think should be fixed about him.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 28, 2013 9:17am | Report

First off, of course I'm going to include a core response in every post involving his ultimate.
Second, I directly responded to the counter argument with the added details. Whether or not you think it's a "good" argument is up to you.

The reason I'm having to repeat myself is because I'm getting the same questions. Like I've said, I don't think CC immunity is the best thing to take from his kit, but if it is taken, it would be his fault for using it at a time to be easily interrupted.

First of all, his CC immunity makes other skills useless on top of its current effect, such as Artemis's Super Pig and Guan Yu's Tactician's Advantage.

I don't see why it needs to be useful in every possible situation. You gave an example of when it'd be useful: when he lands a stun. I fail to see why this is a problem considering his kit is essential a bunch of tools that combo off of eachother. I also don't see what a global ultimate has to do with it; if Apollo or Athena are coming, don't 1v1. And if Xbalanque uses his ultimate, you wouldn't be able to see regardless of CC immunity, and having CC immunity on Anhur's ult counters Neith's ult, making it useless in that situation.

As for the "over the wall finish" paragraph, you just supported the notion that Anhur has too much in his kit. You're saying that using it to secure a kill from a fleeing enemy is redundant because he already has so many tools to do so. What I get from this is that basically you think Anhur should have the CC immunity for a fourth effective escape. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't mean to misinterpret you.

And that's a great thing in and of itself.

I agree, as he is a carry. What he doesn't need is the utility given from CC immunity. In lane, it does what it needs even without the CC immunity - getting some kills via an Impale stun into the ult combo.

It would still let him get kills if he doesn't use it like a moron.

As I've said before, the CC immunity on his ultimate is not what I want to change; I gave it as an option.

What I think the best balancing tool for Anhur would be:
Remove the Sands from his Obelisk and therefore the slow and steroid.

Remove the stun from his Impale and replace it with a steroid if it knocks the target into a wall.

Holy walls of text

In going a bit random because I feel like it.

You are constantly saying anhur without cc immumety needs to pick a good moment to ult to not get interuptted... Okay fair enough you are right that he needs to pick BUT and here is the big but so pay attention.

Lane scenario 2v2 anhur with guan yu against apro and apollo.

Apro does not have her ult but has been linked to apollo from the start
Guan yu does not have his ult.

Anhur gets a pillar stun of on apollo right after apro healled him to 3/4 of his health.
Anhur comes in and ult's but gets stopped with a kiss. Apro was saving that kiss for him and didn't use it until he would have ulted.

Well Seems like a good ocassions to use his ult right. I mean pillar stun and apro heal down. In the whole laning fase because apro had meditation and would never leave lane till the laning fase was over. Anhur got of a Damm pillar stun which is probebly the hardest combo in the game.

That right there should have been a dead apollo but anhur got denied because his ult is way to easy to inturupt im going to ask you again how many gods have a form of inturuption cc.
How many?

You are right that anhur should pick his moment's BUT again here is another big but
Even If an anhur would pick his chances acsacly right and he uses his ult in every right situation in a match and got a kill from all with his ult, then he would not have gotten a lot of kills very few actually mayby 2 would be my guess.

Anhur's ult like i said is there to get kills early game. His ult is already very easy to avoir when not stunned even when you are not looking at him and running away.

When you are laning the lane partner would inturupt him before killing or even doing damage.

Anhur's ult needs to actually work, a stunned target and cc immumety. He doesn't need his steroïde or his slow or his knock up. All he needs is a wall his 2 and cc immumety, vvw(wait) vvc(cancel that) that sound's like it realy is not much but it is as aposed to other Gods their ult's.

Anhur needs his stun and immumety, take those away or replace them and you just Renderd anhur usless. There is just no argument there. Even is you give him a bigger steroid by knocking enemy's back into a wall instead of stunning them. Well you got a steroid but a pushed back target so that is usless better ult because the tip of it can hit him and kill him If I hit everything... Wait it is a moving target I just used my ult and 3 sprears hit him and he escaped

Ya know what after that im done wrap it up here people the turnip is right taking his stun and cc immumety is defenetly vaible option were going home, yeah just just wrap it up were done here.

Just because I don't know how fast anyone who reads this is in thinking and because this trough teh internetz can be hard to see, THAT SENTENCE ABOVE THIS ONE IS SARCASME!
Are we clear on that? Yes? Good.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 28, 2013 9:28am | Report
I ment wanna be copy as in they use their skill the same way as in A STRAIT LINE SKILL SHOT that does damage and shoots a projectile out. That is what I ment.

CC immunity will stay Hi Rez is not that dumb to take it off even if they lost a brain they would no to still leave it.

Hi Rez will not take his stun away because common sense that is what makes anhur anhur.

You can't take a characters core base vaule and destory what the character is or about.

Anhur is not about his steroid, anhur is not about his sands.

Anhur is about his impale.

Hi Rez would only possibly nerf anything that has nothing to do with his impale or ult because they both needed to be combod and anhurs core is those abilities.

I'm just saying it doesn't matter what you like, hate or anything about impale or ult because they will be here to stay.

I'm saying don't waste your breathe and talk about things that realistically would have a chance to be nerfed.

realistically his impale and ult will stay the same forever, Just my two cents.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 28, 2013 9:42am | Report
All4Games wrote:
Holy walls of text

I separated out the (very short) paragraphs just fine. There are no wall of texts in any of my responses.

All4Games wrote:
In going a bit random because I feel like it.

You are constantly saying anhur without cc immumety needs to pick a good moment to ult to not get interuptted... Okay fair enough you are right that he needs to pick BUT and here is the big but so pay attention.

Lane scenario 2v2 anhur with guan yu against apro and apollo.

Apro does not have her ult but has been linked to apollo from the start
Guan yu does not have his ult.

Anhur gets a pillar stun of on apollo right after apro healled him to 3/4 of his health.
Anhur comes in and ult's but gets stopped with a kiss. Apro was saving that kiss for him and didn't use it until he would have ulted.
He could instead Imaple Apollo into a wall other than his Obelisk and use his Obelisk as a wall to protect him from Aphrodite's kiss while he melts Apollo.

All4Games wrote:
Well Seems like a good ocassions to use his ult right. I mean pillar stun and apro heal down. In the whole laning fase because apro had meditation and would never leave lane till the laning fase was over. Anhur got of a Damm pillar stun which is probebly the hardest combo in the game.
Doesn't mean he should get a kill unless he timed it appropriately.

All4Games wrote:
That right there should have been a dead apollo but anhur got denied because his ult is way to easy to inturupt im going to ask you again how many gods have a form of inturuption cc.
How many?
There are plenty, I have admitted that. However, the problem is that CC immunity gives his ult more utility than what it's meant for.

All4Games wrote:
You are right that anhur should pick his moment's BUT again here is another big but
Even If an anhur would pick his chances acsacly right and he uses his ult in every right situation in a match and got a kill from all with his ult, then he would not have gotten a lot of kills very few actually mayby 2 would be my guess.
Considering he's a carry, I don't see the problem with this. As you said, its damage falls off late game, where it would be replaced with basic attacks. His ultimate essentially becomes a tool for utility, being used to counter other ults such as Artemis's and Guan Yu's.

All4Games wrote:
Anhur's ult like i said is there to get kills early game. His ult is already very easy to avoir when not stunned even when you are not looking at him and running away.

When you are laning the lane partner would inturupt him before killing or even doing damage.
Maybe you could coordinate with your lane partner as well? Or use the tools in your kit, such as the wall from his Shifting Sands, to prevent yourself from being CC'd?

All4Games wrote:
Anhur's ult needs to actually work, a stunned target and cc immumety. He doesn't need his stero�¯de or his slow or his knock up. All he needs is a wall his 2 and cc immumety, vvw(wait) vvc(cancel that) that sound's like it realy is not much but it is as aposed to other Gods their ult's.
The wording on this is very hard to decrypt. I'm seriously at a loss at how to reply to this.

All4Games wrote:
Anhur needs his stun and immumety, take those away or replace them and you just Renderd anhur usless. There is just no argument there. Even is you give him a bigger steroid by knocking enemy's back into a wall instead of stunning them. Well you got a steroid but a pushed back target so that is usless better ult because the tip of it can hit him and kill him If I hit everything... Wait it is a moving target I just used my ult and 3 sprears hit him and he escaped
It would not be useless, because you could knock them back into a wall that's close for a damage increase, or knock them to the end of its range for an escape. You'd have all the necessary tools in your kit to get kills and escape without the stun, and enough crowd control to land easy hits.

All4Games wrote:
Ya know what after that im done wrap it up here people the turnip is right taking his stun and cc immumety is defenetly vaible option were going home, yeah just just wrap it up were done here.
I never said taking his stun and cc immunity is viable. That would neuter him.

In fact, as I have said many times, my preferred method of balancing Anhur would be to remove the sands from his Obelisk, and replace the stun on his Impale with a steroid. That would still leave him with CC immunity, a knockback, a knockup, a leap, and a wall.

All4Games wrote:
Just because I don't know how fast anyone who reads this is in thinking and because this trough teh internetz can be hard to see, THAT SENTENCE ABOVE THIS ONE IS SARCASME!
Are we clear on that? Yes? Good.
Thanks for clearing that up, it was so very hard to tell.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 28, 2013 9:44am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I'm just saying it doesn't matter what you like, hate or anything about impale or ult because they will be here to stay.

I'm saying don't waste your breathe and talk about things that realistically would have a chance to be nerfed.

realistically his impale and ult will stay the same forever, Just my two cents.

I find it fun to discuss changes, whether or not they will actually happen.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 28, 2013 10:37am | Report
And by the way Anhur isn't the only carry who can CC out of ults and other things.

Xbalanque is CC Immune durring the jump animation of his 3 and after.
I been using this to get out of tons of ults like ares ult.

Xbalanque's CC immune isn't even a ult so wasting it isn't wasting much because your attacking while using your escape and wasting it is the whole point of getting out whatever you wanted to get out of with the CC immunity on his 3.

I'm just saying other gods have CC immunity and its not even an ULT.
Xbalanque's CC immunity is better than Anhurs because it doesn't waste a ult.

They gave Xbalanque CC immunity for the same reason they gave it to Anhur's ult.

BECAUSE THEY NEED IT FOR THAT SKILL and Anhur needs his way more.

I recall anhur being garbage before he was buffed.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 28, 2013 3:31pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

And by the way Anhur isn't the only carry who can CC out of ults and other things.

Xbalanque is CC Immune durring the jump animation of his 3 and after.
I been using this to get out of tons of ults like ares ult.

Xbalanque's CC immune isn't even a ult so wasting it isn't wasting much because your attacking while using your escape and wasting it is the whole point of getting out whatever you wanted to get out of with the CC immunity on his 3.

I'm just saying other gods have CC immunity and its not even an ULT.
Xbalanque's CC immunity is better than Anhurs because it doesn't waste a ult.

They gave Xbalanque CC immunity for the same reason they gave it to Anhur's ult.

BECAUSE THEY NEED IT FOR THAT SKILL and Anhur needs his way more.

I hate that Xbalanque got CC immunity; I don't feel that a poke should have CC immunity, but whatever.

The thing about Anhur is that his kit is what makes him not need CC immunity on his ultimate. Yes, removing it would decrease the amount of situations where he can use it. He'd still be able to use his kit to:
A. Protect himself from a great deal of CC, such as Aphrodite's aforementioned Kiss.
B. Prevent a single enemy from CC'ing him during his ult.

Again, I do not think that removing his CC immunity is the best option, but due to his kit, he does not need it.

I don't know why you two are so focused on that point, when the majority of my position against Anhur has little to do with his ultimate.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 28, 2013 3:51pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Uh, Anhur was never garbage. Right when he was released, he was considered to be superior to Artemis in every way except for DPS, which was the only thing Artemis had over him. His ultimate is only useful at early levels, and always has been: once he reached the lategame where he should be carrying his team, his basics generally had far superior DPS. The ultimate was only useful for securing kills against enemies who ran behind walls or shooting through bodyblocks.

CC immunity on his ultimate just made it easier for him to carry games by making his early game even stronger.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }