Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ALL RIGHT LETS TALK ! -.-

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » ALL RIGHT LETS TALK ! -.- 74 posts - page 3 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 22, 2014 8:40am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

A LeBlanc or Brand or Annie or Gragas or Jax will kill you in a half second if they're fed. Solution: don't feed them.

Nah, leblanc will kill any carry in a second even if she isn't fed (hail the bronzie that doens't build any MR)

Remember when Ne Zha was the OPest god ever? Razemage remembers

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 22, 2014 8:40am | Report
I don't think he's op AT ALL. You can play around Thanatos SO much. Aegis. Sprint. Salvation/rank 3 meditation. ANY physical defense. Combat Blink. Even pure health.

A Thanatos, even with full health, cannot land on you at tower, go through his ENTIRE rotation, and then kill you without dying to tower. No one has enough health or physical defense to sustain that. You're leaving something out or not realizing something. Thanatos is exceptionally week early and I maintain that he is actually a garbage tier jungler. If you're dying to him early, don't worry, and just push to the teamfight phase. Thanatos has NO teamfight presence. Stomp over him then, as he can't even splitpush because he has no waveclear! :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » April 22, 2014 8:43am | Report
Pentargonite
I have Thanatos , besides him I have almost all gods I think im short of 7-8 of them and It hurts me to see that you needed to pull ur *** and sweat like hell to kill someone with ADC or fighter in oldder version and now u have **** apolo or ***** Thana and you will kill and laugh with them. Thats what hurts the most and trust me when I say im here almost from the begining

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » April 22, 2014 8:46am | Report
Raventhor
maybe Il just have to wait and see but in competitive he is currently no1 ban
and RazeMage I remember when Ne zha popped out he had insane dammage but he wasnt that annoying cuz he was paper and plastic

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » April 22, 2014 8:46am | Report
For Thanatos, just get aegis and listen carefully to the sound. Try to get to your tower as fast as possible, and pop it when he's about to land.

Or, even though people hate it, meditation is a viable way to avoid getting "executed" by Thanatos

Thanatos is squishy as fk, but he compensates it in MAD lifesteal. Solution: CC, especially Athena. She is able to save you with her ult and taunt Thanatos while he's in your tower.

Try not to run away from Thanatos, especially in a straight line. This makes it easy for him to aim his skill 1 and slow you, and rip you to pieces. Use [VHH] or call for ganks if able.

Summary: Thanatos is a little bit op, but there is always a way to counter him.
Source: Bro plays Thanatos a lot, learned a thing or two.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 22, 2014 8:53am | Report
Competitive he's not at all #1 ban. He has been constantly mocked by DMBrandon, was barely ever (was he ever?) picked in the Smite 200k tournament, and many pros would much rather take bastet, kali, tyr, or nemesis. NEMESIS was a top ban in competitive.

Just for the record, competitive bans at low ELO/ranking don't make someone top ban. I can ban a pubstomper all I want because people can't figure out how to counter it, doesn't make them good. Look at competitive bans at gold/platinum+ or, even better, rewatch the smite 200k tourney.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talgor » April 22, 2014 11:21am | Report

I could literally play toys with gold / plat Elo players and I know this game more than you think of. I just didnt liked the new system , its pretty obvius that there arent much skills as there is bullying the game and wining it on "pure force"

I'm diamond, lets play toys sometime and see how much you really know :)

On another note, complaining and then bashing anyone who slightly disagrees with you isn't a good way to get your point across. Seeing as how you didn't respond to most of the extremely valid points made by others on here, I feel like you may just be trying to invoke arguments. Besides that though, in my eyes, no god is EVER op. There is always a way to counter-play certain gods, no matter how strong they may be. If you have the skill you say you do, you should know how to build/play against these gods that you say are so OP. Different combinations of actives/items from what you normally build may help with this when facing certain opponents. You can also always just ban them too if you are playing ranked.

Talgor

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » April 22, 2014 12:13pm | Report
Why are we responding to this person?
Clearly, points have been made repeatedly and he still maintains this ridiculous attitude, which seems to be fueled entirely by rage.
He's not going to listen, so why bother?

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » April 22, 2014 1:43pm | Report
Firraria wrote:

Why are we responding to this person?
Clearly, points have been made repeatedly and he still maintains this ridiculous attitude, which seems to be fueled entirely by rage.
He's not going to listen, so why bother?

Because we're mice people, and want to try and cure his raging.

Anyways... The guy above Firarria has it: All gods can be countered, in one way or another. The only exception to that is when a new god is released, as they're usually so broken that there IS no way to counter them. That's why I avoid playing the week a new god comes out.

Thanatos is a pubstomper. In casual games (level 30 games, too), he wrecks. Like most pubstompers, he's a snowballer: if he gets early kills, there's absolutely no stopping him. I believe your "level-5-thanatos-gank-under-tower-kills-and-survives" story, as he could most certainly have been fed a few kills at that time, and the fact that most mages are quite squishy - not to mention the easy deduction that your health probably wasn't perfect in the first place, since you WERE under tower. And Than's midlaner could have helped, and you just missed it.

People are also forgetting Than's passive, so he could have easily healed up from a god kill and maybe some minion kills and 2 out of range.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » April 22, 2014 2:12pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Because we're mice people, and want to try and cure his raging.

I can't tell whether or not you said "mice" intentionally. :P

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }