Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

About Meditation

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » About Meditation 33 posts - page 1 of 4

Poll Question:

Is meditation good?
Good, very good
Good, but purification, aegis, combat blinks are better options
Meh
Very bad, never buy it
NUBS!!!!
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 3, 2013 6:36am | Report
Let's talk about meditation for maybe last time

Before the buff, meditation is a very trash item but now, with the addition of healing it seems to be pretty useful in some case. Do you think it is worth to use it in conquest especially?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 3, 2013 6:58am | Report
I think that it is good in certain situations. Granted I'm probably really wrong due to my lack of current knowledge.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 3, 2013 7:21am | Report
Just realized I post it in the wrong topics XD. Should have been in general discussion. Can any mod move this?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 3, 2013 7:28am | Report
It's in the same group as Shard. Good, but others are much better choices. For example, I always go meditation on Aphrodite and Chang'e, and sometimes on others, and I know JararoNatsu uses Meditation on Ao Kuang.

Also, RazeMage, I like the avatar change.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 3, 2013 8:48am | Report
Salvation is beautiful for tanks. It lets them initiate, use their CD's, and then not be useless in the teamfight, as they can then both heal themselves and their allies from the inevitable AoE damage sustained.

Additionally, most teamcomps will only have one *serious* CC that needs to be avoided - Ragnarok, No Escape, Pillar of Agony, Fear No Evil - so beads is generally a must. Otherwise you can roll with Aegis. But needing both is generally not necessary unless your god is really THAT vulnerable ( Artemis, Ao Kuang), and in that situation I'd suggest Beads and Combat Blink.

Meditation is invaluable early game, where mages can use very very few spells before being oom. Think about it - more mana is more harass (we're assuming smart players who are good enough to avoid situations constantly needing beads, but good enough at landing harass to make mana worth it), and more harass is an earlier option at forcing an opponent out of lane. If they don't leave, is a manaless god against one with mana, so the advantage is clear. It can very very easily get you ahead in lane.

One of my top actives.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AlmostEmpty » December 3, 2013 9:18am | Report
I've always found, when supporting, that whenever my carry had picked up meditate it was either because auto-buy, or they were slightly new to the game. That being said, those players generally spend more mana and abilities than they should on the minion waves. I understand carries need to feed, but the smaller nuances of poking when they have no creeps and our wave is present is lost on them. I've always found that better carries typically know how to pace out their abilities and save them for crucial picks, pokes or escapes.

So neigh to the meditate!

Although, I do pick it up once in a while (assault) where team sustainability is king. Though, that is the only game mode I ever pick it up.

AlmostEmpty

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 3, 2013 4:43pm | Report
Urgh. I'm in the camp that thinks a few mana pots will do you better than Meditation ever will, and the healing isn't worth it on a squishy mage. Maybe on some tanks though.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 4, 2013 5:50pm | Report
Moved to GD.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mailly92 » December 4, 2013 6:15pm | Report
I usually buy meditation and HoG when soloing as Hercy, while I have blue buff and some potions.
I can stay in the lane forever.. and I usually take back the first time, when I hit lvl 16-17.. and then I have so many gold, that I can easily take out the whole enemy team without dying.

Mailly92

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 4, 2013 6:15pm | Report
I always pick up at least level 1 Meditation in Assault. Otherwise, I rarely ever get it in any other game mdoe.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }