Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

About Meditation

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » About Meditation 33 posts - page 4 of 4

Poll Question:

Is meditation good?
Good, very good
Good, but purification, aegis, combat blinks are better options
Meh
Very bad, never buy it
NUBS!!!!
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 14, 2013 6:59am | Report
Honestly meditation is a strong pick when your new, or playing assault [that or shard.] Aside from that, it REALLY depends on how mana hungry your god is, and what their wave clear is like. It's usually decent value but not absurdly good, which is fine.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 14, 2013 7:25am | Report
Can I add this? Tele to towers is bad in long games. Where most of all your towers are gone. The other tele. Sure you can use wards. But in late game you usually find yourself ganking with your teammates most of the time. And depending on your role it's very dangerous if you go ahead of the team alone while the enemy team is up and about.

Unlike Med, it's useful in early, mid and late game.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 14, 2013 10:18am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Can I add this? Tele to towers is bad in long games. Where most of all your towers are gone. The other tele. Sure you can use wards. But in late game you usually find yourself ganking with your teammates most of the time. And depending on your role it's very dangerous if you go ahead of the team alone while the enemy team is up and about.

Unlike Med, it's useful in early, mid and late game.

Teleport to towers is 'more' useful late game than early game. You should only be clicking on towers on the menu early game, where it's just used to get back to lane quicker. You can use it to bail out another lane, but it's usually better for someone else to buy a teleport scroll, given that the solo laner can rarely freely rotate.

Mid/late game, it's all about teleporting to wards. A match with people who understand the game is going to have wards everywhere. Say you took your tower already and have creep advantage in solo lane. Now you can teleport to the deep ward on your duo lane and insta-gank that. There's no real counter to that at the moment, especially if the enemy solo laner just blew his teleport. TPing to the tower doesn't accomplish anything except helping to defend a siege.

A late game use would be to dive first into a pick around FG, kill a key target and get out, probably losing most of your health. You back, then teleport back to the FG ward for the now 5v4 team fight that probably ends with you getting FG and winning.

Meditation has no use at all late game. There's no sustain needed when it's one team fight > wipe or back, and the HP boost is negligible when pretty much any character can one shot you.

I'm really not arguing an opinion here to be honest; there is a large group of people who play this game competitively, and there's a set meta for what works and what doesn't. Meditation is sub-optimal in every game mode except Assault. Any argument in favor of meditation needs to center around 'it helps make up for this deficiency'. There is no meditation > anything.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }