Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

About Meditation

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » About Meditation 33 posts - page 3 of 4

Poll Question:

Is meditation good?
Good, very good
Good, but purification, aegis, combat blinks are better options
Meh
Very bad, never buy it
NUBS!!!!
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 5, 2013 3:07am | Report
YOu keep saying teleport gives you full mana and heath.. no it doesn't it teleports you.
Stop saying teleport gives you hp/mana because it doesn't and its getting annoying to hear you act as if by clicking to use teleport you get full hp/mana

Meditation is the one that does that not teleport, teleport takes you out of a fight or too a fight
meditation allows instant hp/mana in a fight were teleport FORCES you to leave a fight with no way to return into the fight.

Also if your using teleport to teleport to base thats even more stupid because then you have to buy another teleport to go back to the tower and waste even more gold. But I know you are not talking about that recall you are talking about shielded teleport.

STill teleport DOES NOT GIVE YOU FULL HP AND MANA
Stop with your lies mister!!!!

Read what shielded teleport does, it does not give you full hp or mana like you said, and it also can be countered by hard cc like HERCULES stun.

So why would I want an unreliable waste active like teleport that is based on people not being nubs to work?

Teleports to
- towers = When you have less towers this item is useless and if your never pushed its useless
- wards - this is useless IF wards get destroyed, if the wards are not placed near where you want to go and if the wards simply run out.

I would much rather take
- 30% extra instant hp that will save you unlike teleport and can NOT BE COUNTERED.
- almost full mana instantly with no waiting time like stupid mana pots that are worthless late game

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 5, 2013 4:46am | Report
ICEN wrote:

YOu keep saying teleport gives you full mana and heath.. no it doesn't it teleports you.
Stop saying teleport gives you hp/mana because it doesn't and its getting annoying to hear you act as if by clicking to use teleport you get full hp/mana

Meditation is the one that does that not teleport, teleport takes you out of a fight or too a fight
meditation allows instant hp/mana in a fight were teleport FORCES you to leave a fight with no way to return into the fight.

Also if your using teleport to teleport to base thats even more stupid because then you have to buy another teleport to go back to the tower and waste even more gold. But I know you are not talking about that recall you are talking about shielded teleport.

STill teleport DOES NOT GIVE YOU FULL HP AND MANA
Stop with your lies mister!!!!

Read what shielded teleport does, it does not give you full hp or mana like you said, and it also can be countered by hard cc like HERCULES stun.

So why would I want an unreliable waste active like teleport that is based on people not being nubs to work?

Teleports to
- towers = When you have less towers this item is useless and if your never pushed its useless
- wards - this is useless IF wards get destroyed, if the wards are not placed near where you want to go and if the wards simply run out.

I would much rather take
- 30% extra instant hp that will save you unlike teleport and can NOT BE COUNTERED.
- almost full mana instantly with no waiting time like stupid mana pots that are worthless late game

You realize the point is that you B and recall to base, let the fountain heal you/restore mana to 100% (not just the part of 75/30% you get on meditation or whatever it is), and then you instantly go either back to your lane or virtually anywhere on the map you want go because you have a teleport on a 60 second cooldown that costs 0 gold to use once you have it, right?

And assuming the given example is Tyr vs. Hercules, if Hercules goes all the way to Tyr's tower just so he can stun him to knock him out of his recall to base (where he'll use shielded teleport to get back into lane from), then GG, Hercules is probably dead because Tyr just dashed him into the tower and beat the **** out of him for getting too close and being stupid.

And 30% instant health won't save you from anything late game. If the ADC or assassins aren't hitting you for more than 30% of your health with just their basics and you're not a tank, then we can just assume their builds are awful.

Teleport beats out meditation late game due to the fact mobility trumps restores. You can remove yourself from a fight completely if you need to, or get to the other side of the map to potentially save an ally, cause the enemy team to wipe in a teamfight, etc, etc. Meditation doesn't win games, coordination and teamwork does, and teleports facilitate better coordination.

I don't even understand why I typed this though, because I know the response will be a disjointed series of scenarios that have absolutely nothing to do with any of the points I made.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 5, 2013 8:44am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

You realize the point is that you B and recall to base, let the fountain heal you/restore mana to 100% (not just the part of 75/30% you get on meditation or whatever it is), and then you instantly go either back to your lane or virtually anywhere on the map you want go because you have a teleport on a 60 second cooldown that costs 0 gold to use once you have it, right?

And assuming the given example is Tyr vs. Hercules, if Hercules goes all the way to Tyr's tower just so he can stun him to knock him out of his recall to base (where he'll use shielded teleport to get back into lane from), then GG, Hercules is probably dead because Tyr just dashed him into the tower and beat the **** out of him for getting too close and being stupid.

And 30% instant health won't save you from anything late game. If the ADC or assassins aren't hitting you for more than 30% of your health with just their basics and you're not a tank, then we can just assume their builds are awful.

Teleport beats out meditation late game due to the fact mobility trumps restores. You can remove yourself from a fight completely if you need to, or get to the other side of the map to potentially save an ally, cause the enemy team to wipe in a teamfight, etc, etc. Meditation doesn't win games, coordination and teamwork does, and teleports facilitate better coordination.

I don't even understand why I typed this though, because I know the response will be a disjointed series of scenarios that have absolutely nothing to do with any of the points I made.

Thank you. I thought it was understood that you were supposed to back, then teleport back to lane, but maybe it wasn't clear. You can literally start teleporting back the second you reach base, and you'll be full health and mana when the teleport finishes.

Between the shorter cooldown (I can't believe teleport hasn't been upped to at least 90 seconds yet...) and the global map presence, meditation is pretty much useless in conquest right now. There's really no advantage to the instant 30%/75% heal over an 8 second 100%/100 one. Starting a fight at a bad time is the only potential scenario where you would want med instead, but you should never get that low when you're backing every 60 seconds anyway.

I'm 'really' confused by the poll results, to say the least. It's not even a question of Beads/Blink vs Med. People understand that Shielded Teleport is better for sustaining in lane while you spam abilities/waste mana, right? Meditation isn't even the best active for replenishing mana, an already questionable purpose.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 5, 2013 1:26pm | Report
YOur still missing the freaking point.

Meditation YOU STAY IN A FIGHT, teleport YOU LEAVE A FIGHT

Is this concept hard to understand?

When seconds count TELEPORT isn't going to save your *** like meditation does

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 5, 2013 1:44pm | Report
You don't need 100% mana to fight. As long as you have over 25% you can get off your whole kit in any fight. This is exactly what I mean when I call meditation a crutch. It's really easy to not get yourself into places where you need 75% of your mana instantly as opposed to in 8 seconds.

You should never need to pop meditation in the middle of a fight because you shouldn't be going into a fight out of mana or close to it. It's really easy to stay at a safe mana and health level with shielded teleport.

Meditation is just the low reward/easy use active. It offers less than its competitors, but is the easiest to use. There's a reason that it's not even close to viable at the top levels.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 5, 2013 3:08pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

YOur still missing the freaking point.

Meditation YOU STAY IN A FIGHT, teleport YOU LEAVE A FIGHT

Is this concept hard to understand?

When seconds count TELEPORT isn't going to save your *** like meditation does

Or I could get Fist of the Gods and not need it because I have an on-demand CC to either escape or secure a kill, plus the ability to have an extra minion wave clear with laning to outzone the enemy.

Or Aegis Amulet, oh, my enemy just burnt their ult and all their other skills on me and I took 0 damage, gg other guy.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rex125 » December 12, 2013 1:22am | Report
Meditation is a strategy that anyone can use to help them deal with healthcare circumstances, stress, and depression by way of believed, consideration, and expression. The objective of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful. If our mind is relaxing, we will be totally exempt from worries and psychological discomfort, and so we will encounter real happiness; but if our mind is not relaxing, we will find it very challenging to be satisfied, even if we are residing in the very best circumstances.

adamprowse personal trainer

Rex125

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 12, 2013 1:40am | Report
Rex125 wrote:

Meditation is a strategy that anyone can use to help them deal with healthcare circumstances, stress, and depression by way of believed, consideration, and expression. The objective of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful. If our mind is relaxing, we will be totally exempt from worries and psychological discomfort, and so we will encounter real happiness; but if our mind is not relaxing, we will find it very challenging to be satisfied, even if we are residing in the very best circumstances.

Meditation is for hippies.
OT: Meditation is for hippies.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » December 12, 2013 11:51am | Report
as a tank, meditation/salvation is a godsend! I have self healed for as much as 1000 health. Salvation has healed my team 500 health as well. An Athena with no health items heals for 875 HEALTH! and a good bit of mana as well. Salvation makes Ethereal Staff OP!

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Cleanfear » December 14, 2013 6:05am | Report
In assault its a very good option. Its basically the only valid way to regen your mana.

Cleanfear

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }