Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A Message to 60% of the Smite Players I see

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » A Message to 60% of the Smite Players I see 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 17, 2013 4:50am | Report
For the love of God, stop trying to killsteal.

Let me provide an explanation.

I've played a bit of ranked Conquest and Arena, but I go mostly random, and I often see players approach enemies to low health, in the 1-5% range. Then these players proceed to use an ability to attempt to kill steal, when the enemy is guaranteed to die.

One example I saw was in Arena:

Ares shackles Fenrir, and proceeds to burninate him.

Neith starts basic attacking. Fenrir is a 2-4% health.

Neith uses Spirit Arrow to get the kill, when the Fenrir was one basic attack way from death.

Loki approaches, so she Backflips away, then Loki uses his ult.

She dies, because she has no way to stop Loki.

My point is, killstealing isn't just a ****ish thing to do; it can actively harm you and your team's game. I can expect to see some of it in randoms, but I've seen it in ranked, too. Please stop.

I hope some of the random players I see will see this and try to change their gameplay decisions. Hey, I can dream.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 17, 2013 4:57am | Report
As long as the tank doesn't end up with the kill it's worth to KS. kill on a carry > kill on a tank, every time.

But when it comes to Arena it makes no difference who gets the kills.

And wasting an escape or ability that can save you for KSing is just stupid, then you deserve to die..
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 17, 2013 4:59am | Report
Well in one point I can understand the KS because you know you have a way to get the kill from someone. It's just so tempting to have that power. Knowing that you can take the kill for yourself as fast as the one who's trying to finish it. But! I don't ks. I may do it unintentionally but not on purpose.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 17, 2013 5:00am | Report
this is more dont use anything unneccesary to get the kills you can finish with basic's which is a fact most players know though apperently some dont.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 17, 2013 5:39am | Report
The problem is, most MOBA players DO ks because they want. Sometimes, it's fine to ks. Let's say there is a fed enemy, and so your team go ham on him. If the tank happens to get the kill, IT'S FINE, because the team at least took down the fed enemy, and that applies specially on Conquest.

I don't really mind about ks on the other game modes, such as Assault and Arena. In Conquest, the meaning of ''kill stealing'' and ''kill secured'' is vast.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 17, 2013 5:57am | Report
TRYING to killsteal is just a noobish thing to do. If it just happens to be an accident then it's ok. And honestly, if one person is super fed but the rest of the team is underleveled, and the rest of the team needs kills too.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » November 17, 2013 9:52am | Report
In arena I just kill things. Who cares if I get KSd or I KS someone.

In conquest I try to not kill anyone unless the dude has a remote chance of scaping (I'm usually the tank). I rather have the enemy killed than he running away just because I stood still waiting for whoever to kill him.

But like I said, I'm a meh player nonetheless.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 17, 2013 10:11am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

TRYING to killsteal is just a noobish thing to do. If it just happens to be an accident then it's ok. And honestly, if one person is super fed but the rest of the team is underleveled, and the rest of the team needs kills too.

Agreed.

Though, I think that the priority list for kills are:

Carry
Mid
Jungler
Solo
Tank

I say, you can KS from someone below you, and it's OK. But if you KS from someone above, it's not.

Junglers below the carry and the mid bc they always seem to get the kill while ganking.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 17, 2013 10:20am | Report
As a tank player, I'm okay with getting KSed because I don't need the feed, but when I'm Mage Hades and my double kill is stolen by an Isis with too much time on her hands I get annoyed, especially when we both die to the Ah Muzen Cab she could have been focusing instead.

Mage Hades OP by the way guys. 1+Ult+3= kill on just about everything except the tank.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 17, 2013 1:25pm | Report
I get upset when people ULT to steal kills, like do you really need to ks so bad that you waste your ult?

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }