Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guide Comments & Voting, Recommending Guides

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Guide Comments & Voting, Recommending Guides 23 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » October 23, 2015 7:01am | Report

Can't see the link cuz school wifi recognises mobafire as a gaming site, but not smitefire. We need just a easier bbcoding guide, that shows every command we have.

Use Google's proxy.

Go to google translate and translate from automatic to english and then put the link (www.mobafire.com) and press the link on the translated box

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 23, 2015 2:24pm | Report
Hi Wayne,

I sort of asked about this in a different thread: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/build-guide-discussion/help-with-bb-coding-for-guides-2024?page=2#comment-91239

I don't remember which BBCoding guide I was looking at at the time, so don't know what the "box" thing was...but the other I mentioned was changing background color. Then again, people might start abusing that and making some real eye-sores...maybe the basic SMITEFire dark theme is appropriate.

How about fonts? Do we have options on that? If so, which specific fonts are available?

And highlights? I see one site mention it: http://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=bbcode

Not that I'd use all of these for my own guides, but good to know if there are any options blocked.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » October 23, 2015 4:46pm | Report
Thanks for clarifying.

- Changing the background of the site / a guide itself isn't possible (pretty much due to what you mentioned it could lead to).

- Verdana and Lucida were available for use on all sites, but aren't currently functional because the parsing needs to be fixed (I will make sure to check on the status of that). I believe there used to be more variety, but due to similar reasons as the point above some of the available fonts were removed. We're not really looking for users to use a bunch of random fonts throughout their guides, so this will always be limited to fonts we consider "non-offensive" enough (to the eyes, that is) to look good in guides.

- Highlights aren't a thing, but they seem interesting (as long as the color used for it is correct). Will pass on the suggestion, thanks :)

I'll work on a post with all possibilities soon, as said. If you have any more suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }