Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guide Comments & Voting, Recommending Guides

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Guide Comments & Voting, Recommending Guides 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » October 21, 2015 3:13pm | Report

( Ik ppl are going to link to the guide we have of BBCoding, but it's ****ing hard to understand, as a noob. )

Are you talking about a Smitefire guide here or the one commonly referred to on MOBAFire?

I agree that learning the nitty-gritty details of BBCoding can be difficult (having gone through the process myself), but can't immediately think of a way to make it all easy to understand. There is a lot to digest if you want to fully understand how each BBCode element (columns, tables, etc.) works, after all; usually that means you simply have to invest some time and effort to fully master it.

Thanks for the heads up though, will give it some thought.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 21, 2015 3:35pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Are you talking about a Smitefire guide here or the one commonly referred to on MOBAFire?

I agree that learning the nitty-gritty details of BBCoding can be difficult (having gone through the process myself), but can't immediately think of a way to make it all easy to understand. There is a lot to digest if you want to fully understand how each BBCode element (columns, tables, etc.) works, after all; usually that means you simply have to invest some time and effort to fully master it.

Thanks for the heads up though, will give it some thought.

I believe it's here, on SMITEfire. Green should have the link for it ?

I mean, a guide like : Look, BBCoding is like this : ~Basic Stuff~ (Colors, link to god pages ( e.g. : Aphrodite ), etc.
~Headers~ ( teaches the different uses of headers )
~Fancy Stuff~ ( The really difficult BBCoding, like the one on Zilby's Item Guide )
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 21, 2015 3:35pm | Report
I think BB coding is just sort of limited in what can be done. This site is based on it, so we're also limited on our options. Until the MOBA/Dota/SmiteFire family of websites changes the entire system (which could mean creating their own programming), it's unlikely we can do much. I do notice that some BB coding options that are available in general coding guides don't work on this site. I don't know the system to say that those are options that were purposefully disabled, or if this site is running an older version or something.

The people that want to make complex, detailed guides will just have to learn how to code. Once you generally know it, you're pretty good, but even then, it's a time-consuming process.

So I guess the only options we have are if the operators of the site can change formatting options within the general system, give better options (e.g. add items in front of existing ones), change the overall layout of the site to make it more presentable...things like that.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 21, 2015 5:27pm | Report
Here are the link(s):

Original
Jorden's update

I was actually given the responsibility of publishing the new updated BB Code guide a while ago from TormentedTurnip. I recently re=opened it up and have been trying to finish it up. Until then, these archived guides can be a reference.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 23, 2015 1:21am | Report
Is there an option to be notified via e-mail if a thread I started, or a guide I wrote, gets a comment? I've looked, but haven't been able to find any.

Would be a nice option...maybe something to add if it's available?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 23, 2015 2:20am | Report
Nice idea bran
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » October 23, 2015 2:21am | Report
There's a subscription system on MOBAFire which I'm assuming will be implemented here as soon as the new profiles are introduced (though I haven't actually been informed of when that will happpen). For more info on how that works, you can have a look at this post.

As for your earlier comment, what exactly do you mean by "general coding guides"? Are you talking about HTML? Also, which features do you feel are missing that could be useful for guide writers? I personally feel like the site's BBCoding covers most (if not all) of what is needed to make a guide look pleasing aesthetically, so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 23, 2015 2:31am | Report
Can't see the link cuz school wifi recognises mobafire as a gaming site, but not smitefire. We need just a easier bbcoding guide, that shows every command we have.

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » October 23, 2015 2:52am | Report
I'll look into creating a thread in the Support forums for that, though it'll probably take some time to make. Thanks for the heads up once again.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 23, 2015 3:45am | Report
Thanks bae <3

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }