Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Absolute noob: Build Purchase Order?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Absolute noob: Build Purchase Order? 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 7:25am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I kinda worded it wrongly. Pretty much what I meant to say is that if you compare any god to Ullr they will be easy. Pretty much using Ullr in a difficulty comparison makes me chuckle.

I mean, they did buff Ullr that made his Axe stance 1 much easier to hit and several buffs that made him borderline broken when they released his tier 5 skin, he's been toned down since then, but his axe is still easy to hit. Before they changed his axe travel speed you may have a point, and I know his main combo includes tricky AA-cancelling that requires quick/instant cast but he's not the same Ullr before they changed him.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 7:40am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I feel like Hi-rez themselves don't even know what to put in recommended themselves. or they use an auto generator for it for some reason.

They don't, it's just commonly picked up items on that god according to their stats. (conquest examples on smite.gg).

Of course, it's been suggested to Hi Rez to let pros make a general build for each god that noobs can use, or update recommended items but that doesen't bring them profit so it's ignored. Just like there's no in game conquest tutorial or efforts to bring players to casual or even ranked conquest, and no in-game link to Word of Thoth. As long as Hi Rez keeps arena in the game for the players who just don't have a brain or can't be bothered to spend effort learning conquest or making other game modes (like conquest) have quicker queues than arena, all they're going to do is cater to them and the skin fetishists who prioritise skins over gameplay and make whiny reddit posts because they're whales and are addicted to gambling over cosmetics because they're mentally deficient and have a lack of self control.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » April 23, 2019 7:41am | Report
You seem very passionate about this

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 7:43am | Report
boogiebass wrote:

You seem very passionate about this

It's called realising what Hi Rez is doing to delay this game's potential. Thankfully, they've added some important stuff recently like the console in game text chat, just waiting for lobby chat. Then they can start doing the things I mentioned.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bockisch » April 23, 2019 8:01am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Also another thing, don't ever use auto buy or use the "recommended" items because builds can vary per match firstly, and second, "recommended" includes items commonly built by people from all skill levels that may or may not understand how to build the character properly, we see examples of this of incorrect build understanding on Smitefire all the time. Rather, first learn the basics of building the character you plan on playing that match, read what their abilities do, and what the common skill levelling is.

Realized the auto purchase doesn't work very well. Not so much because I know exactly what to buy first and all that depending on type of content and enemies, but because it seems to go for fully leveling out one object after another in order. Where I would rather see it - sort of - buy first tier of all objects to start with; so I have been sticking to buying the items in desired order manually. Don't know if there's another way to do it, really?

Bockisch

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bockisch » April 23, 2019 8:11am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Kriega explained it perfectly for most builds. Also saying Sol is easy compared to Ullr (which is probably still the hardest god in the game) was quite funny to me.

Another type of build you will find is people listing like vini said:
- Starter (Pretty much every build has this, Kriega explained it)
- Core (items you should always get and in most cases get first, however sometimes they can be later in the build)
- Offensive (offense focused items.)
- Defensive (defense focused items.)
- Relics

These will be more common in guides as they will explain when to pick what item. Also don't get confused by damage items being in defensive for adcs or other damage dealers. The recommended items in that slot are considered to be defensive for the role or class.

Yeah. Playing Ullr is a bit like going into PVP in Elder Scrolls online, as a magicka Nightblade - without even having the skill "Shadow Cloak" (for brief invisibility) slotted. Great utility for high (burst) damage, no real burst heal outside potions, no purge/immunity for snares or damage over time, and no real damage mitigation. ;-)
Found Ullr quite fun, occasionally landing like 3 attacks (throw axe/shoot arrow/leap) almost simultaneously was nice. But I had to be kiting so much I didn't do much good in the end. But I'm looking forward trying to get better using him.

Bockisch

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 23, 2019 8:40am | Report
Bockisch wrote:

Realized the auto purchase doesn't work very well. Not so much because I know exactly what to buy first and all that depending on type of content and enemies, but because it seems to go for fully leveling out one object after another in order. Where I would rather see it - sort of - buy first tier of all objects to start with; so I have been sticking to buying the items in desired order manually. Don't know if there's another way to do it, really?

That's how you're meant to progress in your build, 1 full item at a time, it's pointless to buy many tier 1 items at once and hurts your build.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 23, 2019 8:58am | Report
This isn't LoL where buying multiple lower tier items first is functional. You really want to complete each item before you move onto the next.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 23, 2019 10:54am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

This isn't LoL where buying multiple lower tier items first is functional. You really want to complete each item before you move onto the next.

-Rep for ya Bran. Buying multiple T1 items is only valuable because you need them for 1 item. there are only 2-3 items that you let at T2 because of the benefit.
and that's maw of marmortius' Hexblade which gives a magic shield (aka anti mage defensive).
Tiamat which gives an AoE clear.
and for some junglers they won;t rush their jungle item after getting the smite upgrade, cause they need item y first.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 23, 2019 10:58am | Report
Yes, I know in many of those cases in LoL, you buy multiple lower tier items to complete one larger item. That was the inference I was making.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }