Vote received! Would you like to let the author know their guide helped you and leave them a message?
Prioritize Shoes of Focus before the other Items.
If you can afford it before or after selling your boots, prioritize elixir before spear. or if you feel confident just go spear and come back for the elixir.
Depending on how aggressive your opponents are, purchase either Soul Gem or Soul Reaver in whatever order you need. I personally recommend Soul gem as Item #4.
Choose one depending on matchups
Up to you to decide Soul Reaver or Poly.
Hi and thanks for checking out my Scylla build. I want to start with a disclaimer, This is my very first time posting a build and I am in no way shape or form a professional player. I have played scylla almost exclusively until the last couple of months since I started playing smite on and off since 2017. This build yields exclusively positive results for me so I wanted to share it. Of course, I could be doing MANY things wrong so I HEAVILY encourage feedback regarding things to do better or replace that would make the build even stronger. I love trying new things. Give this a spin and see for yourself beforehand though. You might be surprised ;)
In my experience, Scylla shines in her abilities. This build takes advantage of this and puts these abilities to work making you the biggest (and probably the shortest) threat on the battlefield. If you wanted to watch an enemy team run away from a little girl, this is the build for you.
In no specific order, just reasoning for selecting these
SHOES OF FOCUS
- Starting the game off with 10% CDR helps scylla become a very early hazard. Crush has excellent damage early game and it's AOE can make short work on minions and low HP gods in groups giving you and your team a pretty pile of gold early on.
Spear of Desolation
- This is a no brainer, early penetration and a whole 110 bump to your magic power. The added penetration is going to allow you to keep up with Guardians and bulkier warriors as they begin building their resistances and HP. It also tacks on another 10% to your cooldowns allowing for more ability spam. The passive also reduces ALL cooldowns by 2 seconds on every kill or assist. You know what that means :D
- Chronos pendent provides even more cooldown reduction putting you at 30 (or max 40) cooldown by the time the first 75-100 tickets are gone along with another bump of 100 Magical power. The +20 MP5 this adds helps to alleviate the mana cost your abilities have because at this point, we have added no mana Items.
- My second favorite mage item, Soul Gem, provides many benefits. The extra CDR lets you spit out more abilities. At this point in the game, the enemy team (if they're smart) will realize you're the biggest threat on the field and will begin prioritizing you. Soul Gem gives you the HP and lifesteal boost you will need to ward off some of the hits that they will desperately trying to get on you. While it's somewhat expensive, its passive is awesome. slapping on another 80 magic power, (your total now around 345) after every 4 successful damaging abilities, your fifth ability will deal an extra 30% of that power as damage to ALL enemies hit (Math: thats an extra 103.5 damage). Make it a crush or a monster, that is going to HURT. Since your cooldown reduction is now nearly maxed, this will be a VERY common effect.
- This Item makes your abilities do en extra 2% of the target enemy/ies health as damage, scaling up with targets over 2000 hp maxing at 7% @ 2750 HP. This is your tank shredder. (MATH 2: 7% of 2750 is 192.5)
Rod of Tahuti
- Basic attacks and abilities now get 25% additional magic power against enemies below 50% HP. Typically, attacks with your ultimate against ANY enemy type at 50 or below, except Guardians, will one shot at this point. If you are conscious of your soul gem stacks, you can even snag a halved guardian or a 75% warrior
Spear of the Magus
- The spear of the Magus provides you with a big 110 magic power bump and +10 flat penetration. By the time your power gets to it’s final build point (let’s say around 655) take a look at these numbers: (MATH: soul gem 4 stacks attacking a guardian at 2750+ HP, that is an extra 389 damage with soul reaver. At 49% health, 486.25 with Rod) It’s going to hurt them very badly.
- this adds to your penetration by giving a base 20% penetration to your attacks but 30% every 10 seconds. Adding this to your existing stats can really give you the edge you need against really tanky tanks and punch through protections. Stacked with the other penetration items this can help you take down the tankiest tanks with ease
- This adds some oomph to your basic attack (75% of your magic power, every 3 seconds) as well as a big boost to mana which admittedly this build lacks. Built early, this can help soften the pressure the low mana of this build gives.
- They’re healing? Tell them no.
Typically, by the time you’ve built your third item, you will be able to two shot about 60% of the enemy team
The pros speak for themselves in the item description so I am just going to focus on the drawbacks of this build
1. Made of Glass
- If you get rooted, sandwiched, or hard stunned, you are most likely done for.
2. Public Enemy #1
- Smart teams will realize you're an absolute monster (get it?) and prioritize you, especially salty assassins who cant get you to half before you crush them to death for the 8th time in a row
3. Mana Glutton
- The lack of mana bumps in the items is most noticeable early game making multiple trips to the fountain necessary which can pull away from combo chances, gold, and XP, and can often leave you at the mercy of your enemies if you can't use sentinel to escape
4. Team throw off
- Rare but possible, sometimes your team will have so much burst damage at the start that the majority of the enemy team will build defensive which can seriously delay the rate at which your power potential grows.
You need to log in before commenting.
Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved