This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Ymir has always been a force to be reckoned with, both in terms of damage and defense. With having one of the highest damaging ultimates in the game and one of the highest damaging passives in the game, he can quickly melt any non-tank class. Both a driving force in the lane and an astounding presence in team fights, Ymir can easily be considered one of the better low-mobility supports.
- Shoes Of The Magi - These are a great way to get quick damage off on enemies from the start of the game, it only takes a little penetration to get Ymir's damage going.
- Celestial Legion Helm - not only does this up Ymir's power even more, but it also gives 90 physical protections and more assurance against Hunters and Junglers with its anti-crit passive.
- Void Stone - After its buff, this item will still remain one of Ymir's strongest allies in dealing damage, stripping away raw protections from all those around him as well a making him even harder to kill.
- Hide Of The Urchin - Even damaging builds should have one amazing defense item, and this one gives it all; health, mana, and 65 of each protection (at max stacks). Not to mention it is gold efficient.
- Spirit Robe - Though it lacks the health and raw protections of Hide Of The Urchin, this item proves valuable in situations where CC is involved by giving you Raw Damage Mitigation.
- Ethereal Staff - Ymir has the highest base health stats in the game, and this not only adds onto that but takes a portion of it and converts it to raw power, meaning the tankier Ymir gets, the more that big club of his hurts.
- Polynomicon - This enhances Ymir's already deadly auto attacks. When a God has Frostbite applied to them by use of Ymir's abilities, they take more damage from Ymir's auto attacks, add Polynomicon onto that and you get instant death in some cases
- Gem Of Isolation - Post-buff Gem Of Isolation is a force to be reckoned with, providing more power, more slows, more health, and more mana. This item can easily put Ymir's power over the top.
- Rod Of Tahuti - If you are really far ahead or another enemy god is really far behind, Rod Of Tahuti is the way to go, giving the highest base power in the game.
- Obsidian Shard - With all this penetration, melting tanks should be easy. But keep it easy on the penetration and only get this if their team has three or four tanks that can easily deal with your damage.
- Bulwark Of Hope - This item gives a huge increase to your survivability rate and is almost always my first choice magical defense item.
- Blink - Go back to the good old days with a nice Blink-Freeze.
- Meditation - Stay alive longer and stay in lane longer.
- Sprint - I doubt anyone would get away in the first place, but if you insist.
- Weakening Curse - Ymir no need this, but take anyway.
- Shell - More defense and raw mitigation? yes please.
1st Ability: This is a wall that lasts for an increasing amount of time, can be used to block mobility moves, auto attacks, some abilities, and to zone the opposing team. Level this Last.
2nd Ability: A line of delayed damage that can be used to clear wave, apply frostbite or to deal quick damage to enemy gods. Level this First or Second. (First for damage build)
3rd Ability: This is a nice long stun that does damage and applies frostbite, great for setting up Polynomicon autos and setting up allies. Level this first or second. (first for tank build)
Ultimate - A massive, charged, AoE slow that deals insane amounts of damage and applies frostbite, takes a while to charge but deals some of the highest damage in the game once it is.
Passive - All enemies deal 10% less damage and take 100% more damage from Ymir's auto attacks when affected by frostbite.
In ranked Ymir can struggle sometimes in the support role. Since he has low mobility he is easy to lock down, but good positioning or getting ahead early easily fixes this deficit that is Ymir's largest Con. Try communicating initiations to make sure other players can follow up with high damaging abilities once you use Frost Breath, and make sure not to steal too much farm from the ADC as most Ymir players tend to do.
Never Pick Ymir Into A Nemesis Jungle Or You Will Hate The Next 10-40 Minutes Of Your Life!
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments