Each completed aura item that Ares owns grants him 40 additional magical power.
- The main thing to remember when using this is to not entirely focus on build all Aura items. It is a sweet little passive but don't focus on it as after all you are a tank. My main build 'Solid Tank' does have quite a lot of Aura items but this is purely because they are there because they are good, not just because of his passive.
Chains extend from Ares' shield, doing 25/45/65/85/105
(+15 percent of magical power) magical damage to all enemies in its path. Hitting a god shackles them to Ares, dealing the same damage every second for 4s while slowing them and buffing Ares by 20%. While shackled, Ares can fire a chain for free within 2s, max of 3.
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana.
Cooldown: 15 s.
- This skill has the ability to be cast 3 times. This doesn't mean go around spamming like a crazy mofo. As at the moment each cast costs mana so only use it three times when going into a fight.
- If using it to poke the enemy then only use it once as hitting this 3 times will drain your mana and it wont be worth it as you wont get you a possible kill.
Ares strengthens the defenses of himself and all nearby allies, granting 15/20/25/30/35
physical and magical protection and reducing crowd control durations by 15/20/25/30/35%
for 8 seconds. For each shackled enemy, the protection buffs are increased by 10.
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana.
Cooldown: 13 s.
- The biggest thing that people forget about this skill is that it is improved in corrolation to the amount of Shackles you have currently landed.
- Use this skill after landing as many Shackles as possible.
Flames pour forth from Ares' shield, engulfing enemies in a cone in front of him for 15/20/25/20/35
(+7% of magical power) plus 1/1/2/2/3%
of the target's max health as magical damage every .5s for 4s.
Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 mana.
Cooldown: 12 s.
- A good damaging ability that allows you to run whilst casting it.
- If you have build a Gem of Isolation then cast this after casting Shackles as you will benefit from a double slow.
- If you havent too a Gem of Isolation then hit the enemy with as many Shackles as possible and then cast this straight away. Your damage even though playing a tank will be quite significant.
Ares throws chains out to all enemy gods in an area around him. All enemies hit by the chains are pulled to Ares after 2.5s, taking 200/275/350/425/500
(+40% of magical power) magical damage and are stunned for 1s + .3s for each enemy god chained.
Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 mana.
Cooldown: 90 s.
- Ahhhhhhh, what a nice skill to have.
- No Escape is seriously hurt by Purification Beads no doubt about it, however it doesnt render Ares' ultimate useless.
- Purification Beads has a 120 second cooldown/ No Escape has a 90 second cooldown. This means that after casting No Escape the enemy will be forced to use their Purification Beads. Now, in 90 seconds you will have a 30 second window in which No Escape can be cast again whilst Purification Beads are on cooldown still. This is very Important to keep in mind during the early laning phase as it's very easy to keep track of which enemy has used what and what their cooldows are.
- This ultimate is the reason to why Ares' can lane with so many people. Simply pick up the enmy and place them right down infornt of your lane partner ready for your teammate to pull of what ever combo they need to.