Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Word of Thoth: Smite Mechanics Guide

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The Word of Thoth: Smite Mechanics Guide 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 18, 2015 10:56pm | Report
Anyone looking to theory craft for Smite should understand the specifics of the game. Flareb00t shares an extensive resource that explains how protections and penetration works, diminishing returns, info about NCP's, and more.

This resource is updated for Season 5. Make sure to check out The Word of Thoth!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 18, 2015 11:27pm | Report
Nice post, definitely going to go through this.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 19, 2015 1:14am | Report
...I thought this was common knowledge.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 19, 2015 8:04am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

...I thought this was common knowledge.

For most people, yes. For some that are getting into theory crafting, maybe not. Posting this was also for the sake of the sticky.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 19, 2015 8:31am | Report
It was good to go through it to check that I knew everything. Eg: I didn't know the exact numbers on titan health/protections as phoenixes and towers go down, I didn't know second towers did more damage than first ones. Little things that don't come up often but still have relevance.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 19, 2015 6:58pm | Report
This is actually pretty interesting, and had some stuff I didn't know about. Now I understand why Freya anihalates towers ! Thx for posting this Green !
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 20, 2015 2:52am | Report
Zilby wrote:

I didn't know second towers did more damage than first ones. Little things that don't come up often but still have relevance.

this is pretty normal. the same as a phoenix doing more damage then 2nd tier. as the mechanic of "overheating" aka more damage on multiple shots on the same target.
I do however find it a bit weird towers don't scale further in HP (as LoL towers do, still LoL towers work really different nowadays) or protections (as dota's towers do)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » December 5, 2015 11:03pm | Report

This is actually pretty interesting, and had some stuff I didn't know about. Now I understand why Freya anihalates towers ! Thx for posting this Green !

Freya shouldn't actually do that much damage to towers, as neither her pulse or irradiate give additional basic attack damage when attacking towers. (I'm pretty sure its the same for the Xbal's bolas)

As most freya builds do focus on flat pen and attack speed she does effectively take down towers, but not as efficiently as Chronos or Sol who have basic attack modifiers, not steroids.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » December 6, 2015 10:21am | Report
festive1 wrote:

Freya shouldn't actually do that much damage to towers, as neither her pulse or irradiate give additional basic attack damage when attacking towers. (I'm pretty sure its the same for the Xbal's bolas)

As most freya builds do focus on flat pen and attack speed she does effectively take down towers, but not as efficiently as Chronos or Sol who have basic attack modifiers, not steroids.

You do realize both Irradiate AND Pulse are additional basic attack dmg right ? Read the descriptions
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » December 9, 2015 6:14am | Report
Freya's Irradiate and Pulse count as abilities, as they proc off basic attacks, and are not actually part of the basic attack. Same with Xbal's 1. Although Pulse can affect a tower (when you attack a tower with pulse active it will have the pulse animation) it will not do damage as it is an ability.

Proof Pulse's and Irradiate's damage is ability damage: when active both of these will apply spear of the magus.

The difference between abilities like Pulse, Irradiate and Bolas, and Chronos's 2 (in AA form) is that his 2 modifies his auto attack damage (at the base) whereas Pulse would add additional damage along with the basic attack.

That's my current understanding but if you want me to I could test this tomorrow.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }