Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Poseidon Strategy vs. Janus

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Poseidon Strategy vs. Janus 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 16, 2018 3:17pm | Report
Just wanted to share a little tip for using Poseidon vs Janus.

As most players know, Janus relies on his Portal ability to go through walls and escape from danger.

An interesting counter to this is Poseidon's Whirlpool ability. This cripples enemies who are standing in the pool, preventing movement abilities.

Portal is classified as a movement ability. This means that if you see a Janus heading towards a wall to Portal to safety, you can place a Whirlpool at the ground target location of the Portal, and Janus will be unable to enter it.

This gives you an opportunity to follow up with your ultimate or another form of attack.

It should be noted though, that the Portal lasts for 5 seconds, and your Whirlpool only lasts for 3 seconds. So after your pool ends, Janus will be able to escape.

Thought this was an interesting tip that many players may not be aware of, so I thought I would share.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 16, 2018 3:21pm | Report
Ahh that's a good one.

If he's waiting at the entrance to the portal, if you time it right, you might also be able to screw him up a bit further with a Tidal Pool, eh?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » April 16, 2018 5:01pm | Report
DV-8 wrote:

Portal is classified as a movement ability. This means that if you see a Janus heading towards a wall to Portal to safety, you can place a Whirlpool at the ground target location of the Portal, and Janus will be unable to enter it.

I never knew this. Thanks! I should probably add this to my Janus guide.

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 16, 2018 5:05pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Ahh that's a good one.

If he's waiting at the entrance to the portal, if you time it right, you might also be able to screw him up a bit further with a Tidal Pool, eh?

There's a few different possibilities. Or should I say, there's many different follow-ups and combination strategies revolving around this tip.

If played correctly, it can be a devastating move that can punish unaware Janus players.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 17, 2018 1:54am | Report
That is also why Artio is a good counter to Janus ;)

The best counter to janus portal is just to stand infront of it though :p

Whirlpool makes it a lot easier to walk infront of the portal though and a Tidal Surge to knock him away.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }